Humans Aren't Bastards 4,067 members · 211 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
RandomEncounter
Group Admin

As this group has grown we've attracted a lot of attention from users on the site; attention that is at times good and at times bad. Getting spammed is just one of those things that happens as we have more and more people take notice. So today I'm going to give you a step by step guide to do in the case of being spammed. Think of it like a survival guide, just not as survival-ish and with ponies.

Step One - Don't look them in the eyes! (Do not respond to them.) :fluttershyouch:

Often times a spammer is seeking attention, and any attention given only encourages them. The less they receive, the less they are getting what they want. This includes not posting new threads about what happened or what should be done about the situation. It may not seem like it, but posting about spam attacks not only gives them recognition, but it also creates more threads that we have to delete. If you are unsure about something happening in this group please PM a mod asking for clarification.

Step Two - Contact a mod! :rainbowdetermined2:

We may not be online during a spam attack, but sending us a PM will also go directly to our e-mail addresses. This helps speed up the response time when dealing with these situations. If you need help, this is a list of the current mods of this group:
Anrodos
DustTraveller
Invictus
RandomEncounter
GIULIO
Velkaden

Step Three - Contact a site mod! :coolphoto:

Even if we are on, contacting one of the moderators on this site is still an appropriate course of action. Spamming is against the site rules and as such is a bannable offense. You can find the moderators contact information here:
Fimfiction Mod Team

And step four... the most important step... :pinkiegasp:

This seems like a very good instruction guide. I'll try to keep to it:twilightsmile:

awwwww... *puts away pokeball* :applecry:

But doood, we need 2 fase facts bkuz humanany is evil nmd neds 2 b dstryed!

In other news, local man found beaten to death in alley; words 'Shut the fuck up you annoying douchebag' carved into chest.

Comment posted by Alalic deleted Mar 14th, 2013

Guess I can't use this magic dagger then...

782229 What happened? What was all that stuff Night Dream posted, it's deleted now.

Professor Plum
Group Contributor

He posted a thread moaning how he wanted to make amends with the ACB group, but they wouldn't trust him.

The he started insulting WoG.

Then he posted this:

Then he spammed harlequin babies. Again.

Then Knighty banned him. Again.

782582 Wow, guy sounds like a douche.

Professor Plum
Group Contributor

Meh, regardless of your opinions on WoG, Night was ridiculously hypocritical about it.

The comment to which he replied above was mine pointing out that he wants us to forget what he did because "it's in the past", yet persecute WoG for what he did at the same time as Night's attack.

I believe my reply asking if he was "depressed" again was the straw that broke the camel's back, this time.

I'm hardly active in the group, so spammers don't really bug me that much. Though I do understand what you're going through.

Professor Plum
Group Contributor

Piss off, Night

So my bad. I just tried making a new thread and accidintly made three because for some reason it wasn't working right. Just letting you know it wasn't spam just an error on my part sorry if I confused someone.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16