Octavia Fans 1,588 members · 1,288 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

Hi,
I'm writing stories for straight couples for MLP and I'm wondering what straight ships are there for Octavia?
Thanks

I've seen Octavia shipped with Frederick, the brown pony with a white mane who plays piano, and Thunderlane. Those are all that spring to mind.

But I say choose whoever you think would work best and write that! We don't see enough Octavia outside of a done to death Taviscratch story.

4426369 Noteworthy? One of the two male members of her musical ensemble in Canterlot?

Male Vinyl Scratch.

:raritywink:

Neon Lights

I have thought that BigMac and Octaiva would make for an interesting story, and I have seen a few attemtps, but have never really seen a good story. Romance is much better than gratuitous sex.

It's just harder to write...

Just go with whoever you like. honestly. Don't ship for the community. Ship for yourself. Pick a pone you like and make the ship work!

That said, straight ships for her are pretty uncommon. I'll basically second what has been said here. All those have been done or are reasonable options.

Aside from Noteworthy, there are the guys in her band, Harpo:

and Frederic Horseshoepin:

4426369 Well, aside from Harpo and Frederick, one that comes to mind is Big Mac. I think there's been the few oddballs like Octy and Blueblood, or Braeburn, along with a few pretty decent ones with Octy and Spike (normally made Spike a piano player or something akin to that).

This one's decent enough for Big Mac / Octavia
Duet in the Folk Style

If nothing seems appealing, you can always make OC's.

Octavia x Not spamming this thread in all the groups maybe?

Octavia x anyone-other-than-Vinyl is bound to earn you a bit of rage. A male version of Vinyl (rule 63) seems the best option to me.

The exception would be if you needed a love triangle for a story, with Octavia needing to choose between Vinyl and a stallion. Then having the stallion be a male version of Vinyl might be a bit dumb. In this case, I'd probably go with one of her band mates. As well as those already mentioned, you could try Concerto:

He's shown in her band at the garden party in Sweet and Elite.

4426904 Spike can play the piano. He does in Over A Barrel. And yes, I can see this ship working quite nicely.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13