The Hero... Queen Chrysalis??? 1,734 members · 385 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

Funny thought what Twilight tells her brother that she is dating on her own free will with a changeling. What do you thinks the outcome will be?

he would more than likely blow his top

Comment posted by BlabideeblahMLP deleted Dec 17th, 2015

4924387 Anti-mindcontrol-spell by Shining Armour. Because she obviously has to be under it, and a mindcontrolled person would say they do it out of their own free will.

If that doesn't work, the Crystal Heart might... "fix" the Changeling-problem.

'course, there is no problem, but he might see it that way.

because of course his sister can't make her own decisions, she has to agree with her BBFF on everything...

4924528 And naturally changelings can only use deceit and mindcontrol as tactics, there is absolutely no way that Changelings might not be simply evil for the sake of evil, *but rather trying to survive somehow in a society that hasn't really been that nice to other races when not trying to ally with them...
*The following part is my personal opinion and the way I view it, it might or might not be close to your own opinionthanksforyourunderstandinggoodbye

And obviously the Changeling should burn for the heinous crime of falling in love with a princess. And naturally a purified Twilight should be the one to kill him.

It'sokayihavethesameopinionthankyouverymuch!

4924387 He'd do the "BIG BROTHER" litteral thing and go like the "Gayrold Fucker" movie or whatever.

I expect he'd be suspicious and protective of her. And I expect them being a changeling would have a fairly small influence on that.

Finding out that they're a changeling might make him a little more suspicious, but he'd be there already, and I doubt he'd go any further than he would with a non-changeling he was suspicious of. Techniques might be different, such as using magic to make sure there's no magical influence going on, as we know at least one changeling can use mind-manipulation magic (And she's got reason to carry a bit of a grudge with Twilight). There might be a little "they could be an agent of Chrysalis", but I don't expect any "they're a changeling, this is wrong". Certainly no "it's a changeling, banish/imprison/kill it" that some people might propose; he's protective, but he also seems to be a very decent pony. It's also going to help that Twilight is telling him, rather than him finding out on his own.

And in the end, when he uncovers no mind-influencing magic or nefarious schemes, I expect he'd be fine with it. Well, as fine as any protective big brother can be with someone dating their little sister. This changeling is likely to be closely watched, but not simply because they're a changeling.

4924833 Sure I agree, but wouldn't being a changeling cause him to be a wee bit more paranoid/be a little bit more thorough in inspecting his past and all affiliations? I mean as I said above I expect a comedic Pinkie Pie-like watch with chamo suits and everything. I mean you can't say that it doesn't run in the family...

In all seriousness I'd expect comedy-tragic scenes like the ones in "Meet the Fockers" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290002/

I do agree that it's no point making a jackass out of him, or making him racist or whatever, but I do expect some "know your limits" scenes if I remember how Twilight reacted in HIS wedding.

Madness runs in the family I guess? :P

Sure I agree, but wouldn't being a changeling cause him to be a wee bit more paranoid/be a little bit more thorough in inspecting his past and all affiliations?

Yes, with emphasis on the "little bit". I expect he's going to be just as protective of his little sister as she was of her big brother, if not more so, regardless of her potential partner being a changeling. It'll add a little to that, but once any initial concerns over magical manipulation are dealt with, I expect it'll probably be fairly minor.

Unless the changeling does something specific to cause suspicion, of course (Twilight was quite happy about the whole marrying-Cadance thing, right up until "Cadance" acted like a complete jerk).

4925373 I guess. What I'm interested however in this concept are the comical shenanigans that can ensue because of it. I mean imagine the potential of a comedicaly paranoid Shining Armor.

This could be hilarious! This could be comedy GOLD! THIS COULD BE HANGOVER 1 levels of AMAZING!

Get that fetish outta here!

4925854 It's not my fetish, actually. It's just a really painful way to die.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14