The Lunaverse 2,571 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

"In the new movie, the pony world of Equestria has lost its magic. Friendship and Harmony have been replaced by paranoia and mistrust, and Ponies now live separated by species. Sunny -- a feisty and idealistic young Earth Pony -- is convinced there’s still hope for this divided world, but her slightly misguided and often hilarious efforts to change hearts and minds have led to her being branded a misfit. When Sunny befriends a lost Unicorn named Izzy, who wanders innocently into the Earth Pony town of Maretime Bay, the town has had enough. Izzy and Sunny must embark on an epic adventure that will include a daring jewel heist, outrageous conspiracy theories, elaborate musical numbers, and the world’s cutest flying Pomeranian. Their adventures will take them to faraway lands and force them to challenge the status quo by facing their fears and making new friends out of old enemies. The world Sunny has dreamed of her entire life could finally become a reality as Sunny and her newfound friends fight to prove that even little ponies can make a big difference."

The designs and artwork look cute, I'll give it that. And the plot could work...maybe.

Just a quick question...

How the flying F#@! did Equestria loose its magic? Does the Sun and Moon move by themselves? And where the heck is Discord?
Hasbro and anyone one writing this, please don't do something stupid like this happens because Celestia tried to manipulate the Mane Six after Twilight refused her advice on relying on her own abilities.

So what are you thoughts?

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

That synopsis does not fill me with hope.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

I found out about this about an hour ago and had been debating posting on it. Glad some one else beat me to pulling that trigger and saved me the trouble. Anyway...

How the flying F#@! did Equestria loose its magic?

Well, there was that one ritual Cozy used which would have drained the magic from Equestria so we know it's possible at least.

Other than that though I'm not sure there's really enough to speculate on yet. Is there really ZERO magic, or is saying Equestria has lost it's "magic" more tied into the nature of the divided races... you know, because Friendship is Magic.

Or is magic alive and well, but since the story opens on an entirely Earth Pony village, maybe it's just less apparent. Doubly so since instigating event for the plot seems to be the arrival of a unicorn, the most overtly magical of the three tribes.

Whelp. Looks like Twiggles destroyed Equestria.

Can't blame ya. Makes me wish they had stayed with the World Tree idea.

Please let that not be the case.
Hmm, you make some good points.

RainbowDoubleDash
Group Admin

I'm hoping that while this is a land called Equestria, it isn't the same Equestria as G4. But we'll see.

If it is G4 Equestria, then God in Heaven, something better be done about the Trio.

writers have no idea what fans want

If it is G4 Equestria, then God in Heaven, something better be done about the Trio.

Maybe they'll add three more characters later in the G5 show.

Yes indeed.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

I'm certainly willing to give it a go.

Emeral Bookwise
Group Admin

That's really probably the best attituded to have.

Personally speaking, that summery gives me trepidation, but that animation short has me feeling...

So I think I'll just have to split the difference and call myself cautiously optimistic.

Thing is, I'm not even surprised. Twilght would have been a terrible political leader.
She wasn't raised for it, didn't have the skills, and didn't really have an interest in it.

And despite it being a popular fiction, the best leader is NEVER somebody who doesn't actually want the job.

Ironically, Sunset Shimmer would have been a much better choice.
Reminds me a bit of Thor 2, where Thor says to 'Odin', that he's much better off as a hero and protector whereas Loki was the better ruler. Twilight should have pulled a Thor.

Well, it's not much of surprise that taking all of the bad guys away would eventually have had a deleterious effect on group cohesion. Also, given something the show-runners of G4 implied, what Twilight did wrong was probably dying. Dead ponies can't control much; all they can do is be blamed for not picking smarter successors.

Talon and Thorn
Group Contributor

That's a fair point without knowing how far in the future this is set it's hard to lay the blame on any particular pony, if this turns out to be 10000 years after G4 and Twilight wasn't immortal and died 60 years after the end of season 9 it's not really her fault if things went downhill later. It would be like me blaming Brute, first king of the Briton's, for the current response to the Covid crisis. Even if it's actually only a few generations later whatever happened to magic might be totally unavoidable, until we know more nothing can be said.

If that's the case, wouldn't Celestia and Luna have come back to help?

Of course, they could always have died in a bus crash...

It makes sense that it's quite a long time after the events of the series. After all, the bearer model she has for Twilight does seem to be a unicorn.....which might mean that we could be looking at an alternate universe. The Twilight we know might have done nothing wrong.

La Vallett1
Group Contributor

Guys, please remember that synopsis are summeries used to pique interest not the whole story. We will know what happened to Equestria when the movie premieres. Right now all we have to do is speculate and hope for the same quality we had last generation or better.

I, for one, think it’d be pretty cool if Twilight and pals got frozen in time while fighting some big bad evil, the way the Pillars did. Then just like the mane 6 free the pillars and helped them defeat their enemy and the PIllars had to adjust to modern life, maybe the cast of G5 will eventually find and free Twilight and her friends?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18