Fluttershy 2,924 members · 4,017 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Because I love Fluttershy—because she is my no. 1 choice for a friend—I made up Lonesome Knight, an original character, to be her husband. My avatar is that of Lonesome Knight.
But the canon never specified who, if anypony, actually married Fluttershy.
Who do you think married her in the canon?

There's at least a decent implication in the last episode that she ended up with Discord in some fashion,though it's far from definitive. Anyway I'd go with that.

I typically pair her with Rainbow or Luna.

7563232 There's a whole fan-made show about Discord and Fluttershy. They even get a foal and everything. You should check it out sometime.

Thanks, but no thanks. And furthermore, thanks for your opinions!

7563580 Why do you hate it? I'm asking because for me, this is the best visual novel this fandom has produced thus far.

Probably does not like the ship I'm not huge into fluttercord either and I have no interest in ever watching it so may have similar feelings to I

7563689 I hated Discord from day one. They messed up by making Twilight OP and then they bring a god to the scene?

I never found their relationship to be a healthy one. That showed clearly when Fluttershy hung out with Treehugger and Discord threw an angry fit about it.

I probably hate Discord more than you two combined. But I still consider that visual novel to be the best one in the fandom.

I do understand your reservations though. So, thank you for your explanation.

I don’t hate it. Shipping is not my specialty, and besides, all the fan fiction that I write about Fluttershy takes place before Keep Calm And Flutter On (episode 310).

If we're talking who we think married her: no one. Canonically, that is.

If we're assuming by default she got married? I would say either Bulk Biceps or Cratus, assuming the relationship developed after Twilight's coronation. Bulk is that tough exterior with a soft centre, and he's shown to be great with kids, and he has a common interest with health-related matters. As for Cratus, well, she's bound to run into him again eventually, and their backgrounds overlap in a good way. I would imagine their personalities do too, with Fluttershy being the soft type who needs to provide tough love sometimes and Cratus being the one who's tough by default and doesn't ease up naturally.

Besides, Cratus should be more palatable to Discord, at least, more able to get on his good side and handle the crazy situations that might ensue. It's just a shame we never got more of the guy outside of his one appearance, it was a nice concept to introduce.

The fact Discord hands her a bag lunch as she is heading off to "work", the stereotypical sign of a classic housewife, makes it quite clear they are married in that terrible, terrible finale.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12