RariDash 993 members · 363 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

Since we're allowed to make threads now, I've decided I'd make one for some fun RariDash discussion. :pinkiesmile:

In a relationship there are a lot of big questions that needs to be asked in order to progress it. Inspired by Lion, let's talk about who asks these big question. Here are some:
Who's the first to ask the other one out on a date?
Who's the first to say I love you?
Who's the first to suggest moving in together?
Who's the first to propose?
Who's the first to suggest expanding the family(procreation)?

Share your preferences, opinions, headcanons, scenarios, analysis on some or all of the questions. Who moves the relationship forward?

Discuss away! :raritystarry:

I'll chip in later eventually

It all depends. I believe there's a 50/50, but if there's only one answer...

• Who's the first to ask the other one out on a date? :rainbowderp:
• Who's the first to say I love you? :rainbowkiss:
• Who's the first to suggest moving in together? :raritywink:
• Who's the first to propose? :rainbowdetermined2:
• Who's the first to suggest expanding the family(procreation)? :raritystarry:

1] Rarity
2] Rainbow Dash
3] Rainbow Dash
4] Rarity
5] Pinkie Pie

2882653 Well, I guess I'm gonna be different here, because:
-First to ask out: Rarity
-First to say "I love you": Rainbow Dash
-First to suggest moving in together: Sort of agree with Jake on this one, where Rainbow has eventually 'moved in' by sleeping over all the time, adding to food, leaving her clothes around, etc.
- First to propose: Rainbow Dash. She'll futz the whole thing up by being (at the same time) Romantic as fuck and the bad kind of suave, but since Rarity secretly loves both sides of that, it all goes well.
- First to suggest procreation? If ever, Rarity. But honestly, I see them as being more of the "cool aunts" to the other Mane Six's children. Eventually, there could be a question, but ... I dunno.

This could go either way. Mostly likely Dash, but I can see Rarity asking Dash out almost as easily.

Rarity, no question. Dash will get there, but Rarity will get there first 99% of the time.

I definitely see this being a gradual thing where Dash gets closer and closer to moving into the boutique over a few months, unless one or the other strikes it big in the meantime.

Rarity again. Unless they both get tanked in Las Pegasus, then it might go either way.

Rarity, maybe. But I don't think Rarity would be a mother unless she's with a stallion (and then only maybe). Dash I can only see as a mother if she's with someone else with a strong maternal drive (AJ or Fluttershy mainly, less so Twi or Pinkie). With Dash and Rarity together, neither would want foals enough to actually go through a pregnancy and probably not through adoption either.

I need an adult! I need an adult! :pinkiegasp:

(Indeed. :raritywink:)

• Who's the first to ask the other one out on a date?

I'd say Rarity. Like KiltedKey said over in Main Socializing, if Rainbow realized she had feelings for Rarity of all ponies, I think she'd mostly just freak out and spiral into crazytown about it. I can see her making the first move on Applejack, Fluttershy, or maybe even Pinkie, but not Rarity.

• Who's the first to say I love you?

Could go either way. It mostly depends on how much of a player you make Dash out to be, and Raridash is a ship where I prefer her to be head over heels and completely devoted to Rares, so I could see it being Rainbow just as easily as Rarity.

• Who's the first to suggest moving in together?

Echoing the "Dash accidentally moves in over time" idea. If that doesn't happen, then I think it could be either.

• Who's the first to propose?

Rainbow. I see Rarity as being the kind of mare who has been looking forward to someone proposing to her since she was a little filly, and she would refuse to be the one to do it. Rainbow would mare up and propose in the most extravagant fashion she can find, and then brag about how awesome it was to all of her friends for years.

• Who's the first to suggest expanding the family(procreation)?

I'm very surprised to see so many people saying they don't think they'd want kids. Maybe this is me letting myself shine through too much, but I can't imagine two ponies with such awesome genes not wanting to pass them on. I don't have much of an opinion on who would suggest it first, though. Maybe leaning slightly toward Rarity.

1. Dash swoops in, smacks Rare on the ass, and says they're gonna go out.

I don't see this happening at all. I don't think Rainbow has nearly enough non-bravado confidence to do such a thing convincingly, and I can't see Rarity responding to it positively even if she did.

1: Dash, although it's in a more "Hey, let's go do something fun" sort of way, rather than a more formal date.

2: Rarity is the more obvious of the choices, but it can go either way really.

3: ...this one, I think is also Rarity, mostly because it's obvious choice. I don't see her giving up the shop, or willingly moving into a cloud.

4: Either way on this one.

5: ...probably Dash.

I'm very surprised to see so many people saying they don't think they'd want kids. Maybe this is me letting myself shine through too much, but I can't imagine two ponies with such awesome genes not wanting to pass them on.

I would like to echo this. Frankly, I am shocked a whole lot of you are against them having kids.
Did you guys forget to take your brain medicine again? :ajsmug:

First of all I don't think Rarity would consider having kids on account of her annoyance with Sweetie Belle, Rainbow Dash on the other hand has already proven herself to be perfect mother material:

On top of that, she's a narcissist.

If there's anyone in the mane 6 who'd want a 'junior version' of themselves it'd be Rainbow Dash. No way she'd pass up the opportunity to have a little Rainbow Junior at her side that she could teach the ways of awesomeness, coolness and radicalness. Pass along her signature move and job title. Share a cider with. Help prank Rarity.

The possibilities are endless, really.

Rarity, as I said, I doubt she'd be interested in having kids. She's basically already a mother, having to take care of that blue immature and irresponsible pegasus, however I can see her change her mind with an eye opener, should one or more of her friends have children and share their experiences on 'being mothers' with her.

And still,
even on a slim chance that none of them would want kids, chances are they'd still probably have them on the count that their both more or less celebrities and it would be a great media stunt.

All in all though. Like Lion said;
their genes > everyone elses genes

Procreation obligatory.

I think this is the one I'm most confident in my answer for. Rarity would definitely have to make the first move. As full of herself as Rainbow is, I imagine she hates the idea of rejection, and compared to asking Rarity out, the Wonderbolts would seem more approachable. I don't like citing Rarity's history of stallion-crushes, but here it would definitely have an impact, discouraging Dash from ever suggesting a relationship. Rarity would have to be the one to take the initiative, or the ship simply doesn't sail.

Flirting, however, wouldn't be off-limits to Dash. That's something safe, something she can play off as a joke if Rarity sounds offended by it. I see it beginning with Dash tossing off-hoof comments at Rarity, little teases and flirts as a smokescreen for the fact that she really is crushing on her. Rarity either immediately or slowly over time sees through Dash's act, realizes she likes the idea, and mercifully ends the charade by turning it around and coming onto Dash.

Less certain on this one; more variables. But I'd say probably Rainbow. Now, who is the first to say it and mean it might be a different story. I can see Rainbow panicking and throwing this one out there without thinking about the consequences the first time they start having relationship troubles. Rarity, on the other hoof, would see the word as sacred - part of her whole fairytale romance fantasy - and wouldn't dare say it until she was sure. So who says it first would depend on how stable they are. My headcanon is that Raridash, while lots of fun, is a pretty bumpy ride, so I figure Dash says it first.

The idea of Rainbow simply osmosing into Rarity's place without either of them really catching onto what's going on until it's already happened is just way too great for it not to happen just like that. Nopony suggests anything, crashing on the couch just eventually turns into cohabitation.

This one is a little tricky. Rarity would likely be the first to want to tie the knot, while Dash is comfortable letting things carry on the way they have them. 2883330 makes a good point, though, that Rarity would almost never be the proposer herself. Being proposed to is part of that fairy tale romance fantasy of hers again, and she would try everything short of moving Rainbow's jaw with her hooves and literally putting the words in her mouth in order to get Dash to make this move.

Ehh... put me in the camp that says they don't want kids. At least, not for a good long while. They're busy mares with big dreams and lots to do. Neither of them really have the time to spend nine months pregnant and then the rest of their lives raising a foal. Maybe this is just skewed by my own perspective, though, as I see a lot of Rarity in myself and I've never wanted kids.

SHL

• Who's the first to ask the other one out on a date?

Mmmmmmm.... Cpuld be any of the two, for different reasons. Maybe Rainbow because "Rarity is hot."

Rarity. No doubt. She is the romantic one.

I think that, after Rainbow Dash stay many nights in the boutique with Rarity, the unicorn suggest it.

Mmmmm... Rainbow Dash, for make Rarity happy.

Complicated. But they will be want to have a child. I mean, come on, the awesome foal that they could have? Or, at least, teach manners to an adopted one? That could be an awesome kid.

1.) I think Rarity would ask Rainbow way before Rainbow gathers the courage to do it.

2.) Rainbow would probbly blurt it out without thinking what it ment to Rarity.

3.) Rainbow would suggest it and Rarity would learn the cloudwalking spell to move in the cloud manor (She does want to live like a princess)

4.) Rainbow would propose first, but Rarity would want it sooner.

5.) Rainbow wouldn't want to be pregnant as it would ruin her athletic body, so Rarity would have to carry the foal, but I think they would talk about it when they see kids from the rest of the M6.

Rarity obviously...or both at the same time.:raritywink:
Rainbow Dash, because Rarity can't live with Dash and she has a lot of work to do in the ground.:rainbowdetermined2:
Dash, surprisingly. Mostly because Rarity loves to be the one that is proposed to.:rainbowkiss:
Rarity. Because Dash + Kids = not a good idea. I think Rarity will wait until Dash is emotionally mature enough before asking that question.

:rainbowdetermined2: I know...let's hire a watering stallion!
:duck:Why?
:rainbowhuh:So one of us can have foals...duh!
:duck:But who's going to be the one that gets impregnated?
:rainbowwild:Not me obviously. I have training to do.
:raritydespair:But I don't want to be pregnant!
:rainbowwild:Will you change your mind if the watering stallion is someone you choose?
:raritywink:...maybe. *giggle*

2882653 1. Rainbow, unless she's so shell shocked Rarity notices it. I think most of us here agree that it has more of a hnnngh factor if Rainbow is the one who realizes that she is in love with Rarity first, although Razed Rainbow has proven that the inverse is possible. She'd be shy about it. Because Dash and love. I also think Rarity is a traditionalist in this manner.

2. Split down the middle, depending on the author or how they are written or what has gone on. Rainbow could know it but Rarity is the first one to admit that she has had the time of her life, and she is the one who stumbles into the words. Rainbow could after an ultra romantic date. Or sex. Rarity could in a letter, or Dash could.

3. This is a problem. Although Rainbow could relocate her house it still drips Rainbows, and unless Rarity learns short range teleporting spells - which is an awesome concept - I can't see Rainbow willingly throwing her house to the wind. I think they would try to slowly switch and make both of their houses open. Rarity's being more inclined for work while Rainbow's is inclined toward recreation. Flat screen TV, swimming pool, surround sound system to dance to eighties music.

KiltedKey Head canon: Rarity and Rainbow Dash love nearly all 80's/early 90's pop/rock to the great annoyance of their friends.

Such a weakspot. I can see these two tearing up the dancing floor to this. I can also see these two being the best dancers of the mane six considering Rainbow is the most agile and has fantastic muscle control, while Rarity just knows how to dance. Oh they would not be dancing lightly to this. They would get the attention of the whole club.

4. Once again, Rainbow. Maybe it's because emotionally she is the 'male' in this relationship, and maybe Rarity is once again a traditionalist in this manner. To a degree. It doesn't have to be the bend the knee in front of her peers, although I can see that. I can see that after year(s?) of a relationship and just casually after a night of extremely awesome sex. Shut up, we're all perverts. I can see Rarity be taken aback by how casual Rainbow treats it, and Rainbow makes some sarcastic joke that makes Rarity laugh herself hoarse and agree. I can see it being done in a romantic setting, privately in a lake or in a hot spa. Overlooking the ocean on a cruise. After a major accomplishment by either of them. It's open. I absolutely can see Rarity just loosing it and bursting into hysteric tears of joy with Rainbow not far behind her as they embrace and just weep. So much aww... :pinkiesmile:

5. I have to agree with the herd on this and say ninety percent of the time they would not consider to have kids, even if they were in a straight relationship. Applejack would absolutely. Pinkie extremely likely. Fluttershy likely, Twilight moderately so, but these two? Rainbow I say baring Soarin' - and even then it's low - I can't see them doing it.

There are several points raised. We'll assume - for argument/makes sense - each season is one year, and the mane cast are around 20 - 22 years old now. For argument, we'll say Sweetie Belle is ten. Rarity does very much enjoy Sweetie Belle, but with her desires, aspirations, and hopes having a foal - and having to juggle her sister and a relationship - would be too much stress on her. She has a very high stress job, has her own house, business, and burdens. She's smart enough to know that a child would drastically cut into the amount of time she could give to her occupation, lover, and friends. From my glancing at watching Project Runway and those kind of shows most of the people like her do not have children. They are focused on their trade. Don't get me wrong, I think she would be a fantastic mother - baring some Twilight tiger mom syndrome - and she is certainly healthy enough to have them, but I just think by the time she - could - settle down she'd be in her mid thirties at best. Maybe she'd want them then.

Rainbow? Pretty much no. She's an athlete, and I'm a firm believer that she didn't 'lucked' into flying fast, but that the show has shown through her martial arts, reflexes, Running of the Leaves, and well... all around she is in fact a borderline if not a world class athlete. We don't know how much pegasi wing strength decay, and we don't know Soarin's age, but if they match humans then she's already had her physical and performance peak and will very slowly start going downhill at twenty five. That alone is a story worthy event. I can't see her wanting to take months off once the foal starts impacting her inside of her and then half a year of retraining to get back in shape. When you consider many world champion female athletes in their Olympic years children are off the table. I'm not sure Rainbow would want a foal coming out of her and ruining her figure, another point for Rarity as well.

Adoption? Scootaloo. Scootaloo adopting is always an acceptable answer. Greatest aunts in history? Depends if you want your foal to know fart jokes early on.

• Who's the first to ask the other one out on a date? :rainbowkiss:

• Who's the first to say I love you? :raritystarry:

• Who's the first to suggest moving in together? :raritywink:

• Who's the first to propose? :rainbowlaugh:

• Who's the first to suggest expanding the family? :raritystarry:

Is it bad to like a post just for the awesome video alone?:derpyderp1:

I liked posts for much worse reasons than that my friend. So don't be nervous. :ajsmug:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21