Friendship is Magic: the Gathering 250 members · 46 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

With all the buzz about Bronycon, you may have missed that there's another convention full of pony coming up. I personally cannot HASCON, which is a shame, given that there will be three exclusive Magic cards offered there.

I note there are no MLP-themed cards. I can only assume that Hasbro knows better than to intrude upon my work. :raritywink:

I am hoping against hope that based MaRo gives us a pony card in Unstable. Also, it's got "stable" right in the word, the pun is ripe for the making. :raritydespair:

$600 is not worth it, you can't even use the cards so what's the point

One of the two "C's" in CCG. That is why.

Important note on Grimlock, Dinobot Leader: Thanks to a ruling straight from MaRo, we know that cards with the transform mechanic also get the Grimlock buff.

Presenting the new RGW sensation sweeping the nation: Dinosaur Werewolves on Motorcycles.

Dinosaur Werewolves on Motorcycles?

Well, he is the Un-rules manager. Now if only I still had my old Beast Wars figures...

Basically, best Legendary Werewolf is in fact a Legendary Dinosaur.

Because Ulrich doesn't get enough dirty looks.

Actually, I think they didn't make an MLP card because the show already has its own TCG, while Transformers and NERF do not. Now that I think about it, there were plenty of other properties that missed out. Example:

Hungry Hungry Hippos {1}{G}{G}{G}
Sorcery
Create four 1/1 green hippo tokens with Devour 1.

Also: Sword of Dungeons and Dragons will be in Unstable. Grimlock and Nerf War will not be.

Also also: the color given for the token made by Sword of D&D is "gold", which isn't a Magic color, so as-written you can't for example use Mother of Runes to give one of your creatures protection from it. MaRo has confirmed that the token is mono-color, with the color being "gold". No idea whether there will be any UST card that can interact with the gold color.

Other notables from Unstable:

• Squirrel tribal support (including a non-legendary lord)
  • Contraptions (Steamflogger Boss will appear once on the basic land sheet, which suggests that you have the chance to get it instead of a basic land unless they do something weird with packaging)
  • An actual setting for the set, including 5 2-color factions: Crossbreed Labs (GW), Goblin Explosioneers (RG), League of Dastardly Doom (RB), Agents of S.N.E.A.K. (UB), and Order of the Widget (WU).
  • Foil dual-sided tokens, including for tokens that aren't produced by cards in UST, but which Wizards believes people will like to have
  • One of the mythics is a vanilla creature

I for one am disappointed that there was no MLP crossover card offered for HASCON. However, I did register for HASCON with the Magic VIP badge, so I will soon have these glorious cards.

And speaking of exclusive cards, it's been a day, but apparently the SDCC planeswalkers are still in stock at the Hasbro Toy Shop.

Maybe they're saving the ponies for Unstable. The pun's ready and waiting.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11