The Writers' Group 9,317 members · 56,713 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

With the Golden Globe nominees just around the corner, I wanted to make a special discussion about the potential award winners for film in 2013 and what you guys think. I haven’t seen many of these films (especially the ones that haven’t even been released), but from what I’ve seen (both in the theaters and in trailers) these are my thoughts.

This list is subject to change (in a later post, of course), but these are my predictions of the two most likely winners for each category this year.

Best Picture: Gravity, 12 Years a Slave
Best Director: Alfonso Cuaron (Gravity), Steve McQueen (12 Years a Slave)
Best Actor: Chiwetel Ejiofer (12 Years a Slave), Tom Hanks (Captain Philips)
Best Actress: Sandra Bullock (Gravity), Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine)
Best Supporting Actor: Michael Fassbender (12 Years a Slave), Jared Leto (The Dallas Buyer’s Club)
Best Supporting Actress: Lupita Nyong'o (12 Years a Slave), Amy Adams (American Hustle)
Best Original Screenplay: Blue Jasmine (Woody Allen), Gravity (Alfonso and Jonas Cuaron)
Best Adapted Screenplay: 12 Years a Slave (John Ridley), Captain Phillips (Billy Ray)
Best Editing: Rush, Gravity
Best Cinematography: Gravity, The Great Gatsby
Best Orginal Score: Gravity (Steven Price), 12 Years a Slave (Hans Zimmer)
Best Art Direction: The Great Gatsby, Gravity
Best Costume Design: The Great Gatsby, 12 Years a Slave
Best Makeup: 12 Years a Slave, Star Trek: Into Darkness
Best Sound Editing: Gravity, Rush
Best Sound Mixing: Rush, Pacific Rim
Best Visual Effects: Gravity, Star Trek: Into Darkness
Best Animated Film: The Wind Rises, Frozen

2118288 Why is Gravity getting nominated for a lot of things?

2118302 Because it was an incredible movie.

yes. Yes it was.

Gravity wins ALL the technical awards.

Oh come on, no visual effects for Pacific Rim? And I think Captain Philips will at least get a Best Picture nod.

Dear Golden Globes people

2118288 I predict DiCaprio gets nothing.

2118438 Again, this is what I believe will be the two most likely candidates for the award. Captain Phillips was great, but I think because of their buzz, Gravity and 12 Years have the best shot. On that same notion, Gravity and Star Trek had superior effects ( in my opinion).

Comment posted by Minimoog Voyager deleted Nov 8th, 2013
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9