The Writers' Group 9,316 members · 56,686 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

Once again, this question is valid for BOTH Pony fics and outside projects.

I plan on having two characters, one from a pony fan fiction and the other from a comic book series, die like this:

Allow me to explain the plot in which the Pony character dies. SPOILERS

Twilight's dark side, who I have no name for at this point, is leading a charge with the remaining two Dark Mane Six, a dark side version of Rainbow Dash and a dark side version of Fluttershy, against Canterlot in an attempt to , you guessed it, take over the world.

Just when it seems they're on the cusp of victory, the Mane six, along with my OC Metal Quill, fly in and bombard their zeppelin from both sides, killing the dark Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash as they attempt to flee. Dark Twilight, much like Beckett, can't grasp the defeat and well, you know the rest.

As for my comic character, it's somewhat in reverse; his house gets blown up and he's walking up the stairs and sits in his throne as the flames consume him.

Now, how can I possibly put this scene into actual words?

Hmm, I see you like the Nostalgia Critic too :moustache:

Comment posted by Metal-Max1991 deleted Nov 7th, 2013

2111517 Yep!
My apologies but I can't help you with that, I don't think I'm good enough to write those scenes :twilightsheepish:
Sparkle, Sparkle, Sparkle! :raritywink:

2111583 Sparkle, Sparkle, Sparkle!

2111470 Hey, two others who like Nostalgia critic, I'm not alone! :pinkiehappy:
But yeah, I do like your idea for a death scene.

Answer.... NIKE JUST DO IT! other than that I can't be of much help... sorry:unsuresweetie:

2111470 As with any scene, you want to get the reader into the character's mindset. Describing all of the explosions/fire around them as neutered background noise that the character barely notices as they obsess over how everything went wrong and come to terms with their defeat is how I'd do it, but that's just me.

I don't know that you can pull that off nearly as effectively in writing as in film. That scene's defined by a few things that are obvious in film, but not so in writing. First, the sound is muffled, which you notice as an absence in film. You'd actually have to explicitly say that it was muffled in writing, which wouldn't have quite the same effect. Can you pull off everything exploding around them? Yeah, but it's not quite the same in writing. Again, that's defined as much by what's not there as what is. His expression is calm and his motions deliberate even as everything around him is destroyed, and you lose so much about that in writing if it's not perfectly done.

2114767 Hey, SPARKLE SPARKLE SPARKLE!:twilightsheepish::twilightsheepish::twilightsheepish:

2119700 Fu** yeah sparkle, sparkle, sparkle! :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14