The Writers' Group 9,331 members · 56,840 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I’m looking for names for big corporations for a story that I’m writing, the story takes place in an alternate universe, where magic and technology have merged together and big corporations rule the world.

There are a variety of ways you could create company/corporation names, even fictional ones.
Here are a couple of options with examples:

1. Name of owner + Corp/industries/etc
Easy and Simple to create, while also giving the owner some recognition/fame/infamy.
Examples: Lexcorp (DC), Wonka Industries (Willy Wonka), Weyland Corporation (Aliens)

2. Acronyms
Harder to do, especially if you're trying to make a word with it, but can be done really well even if you don't.
Examples: OCP (Omni Consumer Products) from RoboCop, CHOAM (Combine Honnete Ober Advancer Mercantiles) from Dune, BnL (Buy n Large) from Wall-E

Honestly, the name of the company should be either memorable or relevant to the story, preferably both though.
Hope this helps!

Celestial Heavy Industries

They make most of the nations cars, ships, planes and whatever lol.

7950757 Stable Tech.

Artist #5 · March 25th · · 2 ·

Thank you for helping. And whatever bad dragon was doing.

"whatever bad dragon was doing" took me out bro 😂

Yeah, I didn’t know if he was helping me or not, but do you have any ideas for names of big corporations?

uhhh idk, you could go with something like magicorp but its hella basic

i ain't creative like that tbh

Oh, well thank you for trying, I got a lot of cool responses so I might combine one or two of them.

Yeah, I didn’t know if he was helping me or not

More than usual. That's the name of a major corporation in the Fallout: Equestria setting.

Cool. Thank you.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11