The Writers' Group 9,310 members · 56,634 stories
Comments ( 29 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 29

Back to the day when Celestia had to banished Nightmare Moon was a major event in Equestria history.

What if Luna just left? Not to form her own nation like the lunar republic. I mean she Left Equestria all the way.

Instead of trying to take over she chose to give the ponies what they wanted a world with out her.

Somewhere in the world she still raises the Moon. That be the only sign she still alive Celestia has. No more dream walking or aiding in helping ponies with Nightmares. She vanished from Equestria and the Ponies lives.

I kind of think she would travel the world before going to the Hippogriffs, perhaps using the orb to be a seapony. The Oceans and Moon do have a link via the moon affects the tides.

The Seaponies accept her and living in and on a island nation as Hippogriffs they value the Moon more then the Sun.

Given this set up over a thousand years later with no contact Luna returns to ask for help because the Storm King attacked the Hippogriffs.

I don’t have the skills to write this story out. Just an idea I got in my head. What other changes would happen? Would Twilight find the Elements without the threat of Nightmare Moon?

If Luna left on her own like that, I would think she'd take her Elements with her.

I think the premise is that she's not quite that vindictive.

I don’t have the skills to write this story out. Just an idea I got in my head.

You can still give it a shot, the only thing you got to lose is your time.

What other changes would happen? Would Twilight find the Elements without the threat of Nightmare Moon?

Well Twilight wouldn't be a princess (unless there was other events leading to that) meaning the Staff of Sacanas would require one more princess then exists in the known world. Also the plan to just fly into the capital would be more flawed as now Tempest would have the problem of Luna being tipped off before hand.
Yet before we get to that point there is much larger issue of Discord since he'd return and be the first big conflict for Equestria and would simply toy with the Storm King and Tempest if he still running free by the time they show up (also Discord would probably love to get into Celestia's and Luna's head if they are still at odds).

So in other words its an alternate timeline that can go horribly wrong if Luna left.

Cool idea.

What if Luna was sooo pissed with Celestia, Equestria was just too small?

------------------

Every time the sun rose there would be a reminder of my hated sister.
No, I need to go further.

Underground?
Feh, I will not live like a worm! I want to feel the cool night breezes when I fly.

Wait, I know one who could help me get away. No, he's untrustworthy.
We should've killed him when we had a chance.

Must decide soon, the sun will rise soon. Am getting tired of blocking my sister's scanning spells.
Fine, I will deal with this traitorous creature. Maybe I can offer him a deal that he can't resist?

I flew to the sculpture garden to the stone form of Discord.

If my rage was not so overwhelming, I would've gave up and returned to my sister, tail and ears drooping.
NO!

Luckily, I knew a spell that would temporarily reverse the petrification. Too bad it would suck up most of my power.
Again, I wondered if this was worth it. My burning rage thundered yes.

I walked up to the statue and did the spell. Almost fell on the ground, the power drain was immense.

Life returned to Discord as the grey fled.

"Well, now, this is interesting. The younger sister thinks she can defeat me all by herself. Well, Woona what do you have to say," Discord said while peering at me.

My ears went back on my head as my anger grew. My nickname shouldn't be on the tongue of this foul creature!
"I need a boon from you Discord." With great difficulty, I forced my ears to go forward.

Discord arched his back and scratched himself. "Ahh, that felt good. What, you're still here? Should we get on with some fighting or something?"

"No fighting, I want a boon from you," I said. Didn't know how long before Discord turned back to stone. Must get my wish before that.

"Don't you know you should bring an offering to the Devil before you ask for something?" Discord said and again peered at me.

"Your gift is that you're not stone. Also you're getting some entertainment," I said. Cursed creature, give me what I want! I must relax.

Discord looked away from me and at his claw like he'd never seen it before. "Fine, what do you want, woona?"

I couldn't help it. I pawed at the ground. "I need to leave Equestria very soon."

Discord sighed. "A sharp dagger or a fall from a great height would do that!"

"I wish to be alive when I leave," I said, barely resisting my urge to paw the ground again. This. Cursed. Creature. Please give me what I want.

"Well, I did a bit of traveling among different worlds. Found a tiresome one that was shrouded in darkness. No moon. An ancient evil plucked it from the sky like an eye," Discord said then lunged forward until his face was next to mine.

I resisted the urge to step back. Again, my doubts rose up. Should've listened to them.

"Yes, yes, you would do fine on such a world. You've defeated little ol me. Woona, the wonderful. Have a nice trip!" He snapped his claws and things went black.

I woke up on a dark plain below a sky full of alien stars...

I like the beginning of the story not the end so much, you see I never got the immortal ruler thing If I was immortal I would never run a country it would just be a bother, if they were smart they would just appoint someone as ruler and come back every few years to make sure no one went evil and tried to take over the world, that's the thing about immortality it's boring so why run a country that would weigh you down when you can be the kingmaker and travel most of the time when someone else works in your sted.

I agree I think that the prime reason Discord reformed.

This isn’t a story just ideas of a what if instead of becoming Nightmare Moon, Luna just said Buck you all and left.

The Seaponies would accept her and show her the respect she craved. Never did I said she ruled them. Under the sea the sun has less importance, the Moon affects the tides. Being an island nation they logically have sailing so use the stars in navigating. So they be a group that would value Luna’s night.

What I wrote just stuff off the top on my head. With no real goal just what I would think would have happened to Luna.

I check out the adoption center. Thanks for the link.

I didn't say she would rule them I just don't agree that she should stay in one place, she is an immortal being and she does a thankless job if anything she should realize that worshiping the sun and moon is as stupid as worshiping the trees for there fruit, they are needed but actually worshiping something like that doesn't make any sense, so I say she should just travel in disguise and become an almost daring do type adventurer constantly on the move and never looking back.

For the record, Celestia does have at least one item that can make her look like a normal pony so luna getting that or something similar could happen.

I have a theory that Celestia will turn in to Solarflare or Daybraker.

Well, Celestia would try to track her down, for one thing. If not personally than via agents, magical scrying, offering rewards for information on Luna's whereabouts, etc. Her exact reaction may depend on the circumstances - if Luna just disappeared without a word Celestia would want to confront her about it, and seriously, she would be entitled to an explanation at least. But even if Luna made it clear she needed some alone time, Celestia would still want to keep tabs on her.

I also sorta doubt Luna would be missing for a thousand years, because that's a long ass time wandering about feeling angsty.

Yeah the idea needs a lot of work. I’m going to refine it some more before offering it up for any writer that willing to try.

I started this to get ideas to expand the ideas and find holes in the logic.

True but the latter could work, Luna had a watered down fight with Celestia where Luna disappeared once things got escalated as this Luna had no intentions of harming Celestia. Luna gets good at laying low, Celestia only hearing tales from those like Daring Do running into Luna (that have no idea who Luna is other then a powerful alicorn) yet yet unable to communicate with her.
Luna would stay out of the spot light for a thousand years because while the fight didn't escalate, Luna still didn't want to face Celestia and dig up the past.

If Luna just left, she would take her half of the Elements with her, which are supposedly Laughter, Honesty, and Loyalty. Twilight would never find the Elements, because there would be no Elements to find, the wielders of them still being alive. When Discord was released, and Luna was nowhere to be found, Equestria would no longer have a defense against him. Considering that it appears that he focused solely on Equestria, Luna may not ever know that he had been released. Twilight and co. would likely no longer be friends, as the thousandth Summer Sun celebration wasn't special in any way. Celestia, when compared to the version of her in the show, would be much less powerful due to not needing to move both celestial bodies. On the flip side, Luna would be much MORE powerful, having all of her power from before Nightmare Moon intact.

The Bearers of the Elements in the show never would've met, because Celestia would have no need to send Twilight to Ponyville to oversee the preparations, since there would be nothing special about that year. Twilight MIGHT have met Rarity in passing in Canterlot, but they likely wouldn't have hit it off. During Discord's return, with the Elements out of commission due to them being split up, Celestia would have had to have different contingencies in place, perhaps leading to something like the Alicorn Amulet being used to amplify her magic. This could've led to Celestia becoming the evil that Twilight had to stop. Basically, every villain up to the Storm King would've trounced the SHIT out of Equestria, and Luna would've come back to a wasteland with no magic, a rampaging Tirek, a rampaging Discord, the Crystal Empire would've fallen to King Sombra, Chrysalis never would've needed to invade, just offer safety to ponies in return for love. Starlight Glimmer's town would've just expanded, if it wasn't stomped by Tirek.

You know I think someone should make a YouTube channel on what if’s in mlp just like alternate history hub does.

6546662 She's gone most of the time as it is, anyway.

Luna would be much MORE powerful...Celestia becoming the evil...Chrysalis never would've needed to invade.

Free Luna Republic fanatics. :ajbemused:

It is at its core, a stealth anti-Celestia fic.
Let's be honest. That's more a different universe where whole swarths of history have been erased; certain nations, individuals, and landscapes will never have existed.

Luna was only around for roughly a century or two before being banished. As far as Equestrian history is concerned, she's not worth mentioning outside the NightmareMoon legends and possible connections to The Pony of Shadows.
No. I don't dislike Luna. Just the surreal amout of fan fiction people keep spawning that uses her to bash Celestia.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Ah, you can't write the story on your own? Here:

The moon rose in the sky, just as it usually did, and after these years, Princess Celestia still had no idea why.

There! Now you can write the rest!

--Sweetie Belle

Okay can you send me 200 dollars to fix my computer the graphics card went boom. That why the story I was doing is now on hiatus.

Second I need an editor because like I said I have a few disabilities that does make it hard to write. Worst is the Dyslexia squabbling up what I see.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Ah, that sucks. Does your computer have built in graphics you can use for a while? Built in graphics suck, but they are way better then nothing.

And I can understand that. I just figured if you were having trouble getting start, that might help. That and I was being silly. :unsuresweetie:

--Sweetie Belle

I agree one reason I wanted Luna to just leave. No rebellion, no Lunar Republic, and no Nightmare Moon.

Just Luna getting angry and leaving. Nearly all of Equestria will follow the same events. Celestia still in power alone.

Only things I see might change is no Everfree forest or at least a smaller one. Canterlot might not be the capital if the Castle of the Two Sisters isn’t destroyed.

No it’s understandable. The idea I think is larger then I can handle. Right now I’m working on a Luna adopts a filly story (Mother Moon). Just have one chapter before the card crashed.

I got two other... make that three er... four ideas bouncing around in my head. So I posted one I think would be the most challenging for me.

The way I see it either the story follows Luna on her exploration of the world. Or follows Twilight and company as they track her down.

Oh a cool idea would be twilight using old myths and stories in locations as they seek her out.

Just too much for me to take on at this time.

You have to admit, Celestia is only as magically powerful as she is because she was raising both the sun AND moon. Why I said Celestia would turn evil was, because as stated, Luna would have taken her half of the Elements with her, negating their use. Celestia would have to turn to other means, and the Alicorn Amulet is the first power augmenter to come to mind.

Celestia is only as magically powerful as she is because she was raising both the sun AND moon.

Headcanon rejected.

the Alicorn Amulet

Also, Celestia could not use the elements after banishing Luna. I think.

Fair enough, though I'll stand by what I said. Since it didn't happen, there's no way to tell what actually would have happened, and all of it is just plausible speculation.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 29