The Writers' Group 9,300 members · 56,491 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

And here we are, back into the routine as the season continues!

So this weeks episode is called "The Maud Couple", and is by Nick Confalone, who's written other episodes about Maud in the past, though not the one she was introduced in.

Given the similarity in the episode name to "The Odd Couple", I'm thinking maybe she gets a roommate?

It occurs to me that Starlight Glimmer is just kinda hanging around living in Twilight's Castle, which is all schoolified right now, and I could see her maybe wanting to get away from it. While moving in with Trixie would be a natural, her wagon might not be in town right now, and it's pretty small for two ponies to be living in together.

Logically, the episode would then be about each other driving each other crazy as roommates, which is easy to see happening, because I think either of them could probably drive most potential roommates crazy.

Of course, I'm probably wrong, but it's fun to think about!

As usual, this is the official place to post about the episode for this group, and if you've already seen it, keep spoilers in spoiler tags until it actually airs!

--Sweetie Belle

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Maud is a surprise guest at school! Teaching everycreature about rocks! It is going to be fun!
:pinkiecrazy:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Gabby should show up as a guest teacher!

Not sure what she'd teach, though. Probably everything.

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

On second thought, maybe Gabby should be Maud's roommate. They'd be great roommates.

--Sweetie Belle

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Well that sounds like a recipe for fun. Or the destruction of Ponyville. Which admittedly is fun of its own.

Why is the distraction of Ponyville fun?

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

How does one explain this seemingly innocent question? How does one such as I use words to describe the thrill and joy of destruction? Of raging fires and screams of help! It is as if you asked why is Pinkie funny or why is Rainbow awesome or why Twilight's nervous breakdowns bring joy to my charcoal heart. Alas young one, I can not teach you the ways of my heart. It just is fun to me.

... Are you the reason why I now have this burst of joy and the urge to laugh at destruction and discord? :pinkiecrazy:

Cinder Vel
Group Admin

Perhaps, but either way I welcome you! Embrace the spirit of fire my sister!

ThatWeatherstormChap
Group Contributor

School of Rock(s)

The episode was okay. Despite some tedium in scenes like the one where Maud introduces Mudbriar, there are actually a few funny moments, and Maud and Briar's relationship seems genuine.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12