Alternate History Bronies 732 members · 629 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31

Here's a question for y'all: Why do you fine Ladies and Mentelgen enjoy alternate history?

I just like to think of what might have happened if something happened this way instead of that and what the world might be like now a-days if said events happened that way.

would I have a bunch of alternate history stories if I don't like it?

My favorite alternate histories is where Equestria was disunited and divided. And of course the Mane 6 travels there from a different universe.

I'm a history major, I love "what if," the genre fits me like a glove.

Mainly because of what you can do with villains. (like putting changelings in control of Equestria, for example)

1732997 cause I can make characters that don't do shit in the show and make them into a badass.

And plus several of my favorite games are alternate history

World in conflict anypony:trollestia:

Red Alert 2 WOO:yay:

E 3.[Exploration, Exploitation, and Expansion].

It gives a lot more creative freedom to the writer, and it's just plain fun to see different versions of a world resulting from different outcomes of an event.
And while I haven't played any Red Alert games, I still love it nevertheless for its awesome music. :yay:

RA1 is the only one I haven't played:twilightblush:

Lets stop now before we take this thread too off topic:unsuresweetie:

I shall concede, each are both equally good in our eyes (we do agree on FOE though:yay:)

I can sum it up (as many others have) in two words, "what if?"
The very simple fact is that I enjoy AU's because you can play with the characters in so many different ways. There are so many different interpretations to be had and nigh infinite ways things could've turned out that it can boggle your mind.
And that is why I love AU's, or at least part of the reason.
P.S. This is also why I like good fanfiction as well.

I love playing out different scenarios, much like changing history or doing some time travel

The mere question of 'what if' opens endless possibilities.

(Also, I miss WiC)

I so used to the Bioshock version it sounds bizarre :twilightblush:

Some songs just need to be added to certain games.

Well, as for me, I love history, and I love MLP.
:pinkiehappy:
Going AH on this topic is the only logical conclusion, I figure.

Well, as a writer I personally like it because as I writer you can be like; "Screw Canon! This an alternate Timeline!"

:rainbowdetermined2:

My main interest tends to be built more on the principles of ASB, although more realistic concepts can still grab my attention under the right conditions.

batran, I believe the word you are looking for is Balkanisation.

Oh, and in response to the OP, one word (not having to to with MLP). BYZANTINEWANK!!! (And the almost comical flood of ASOIAF TLs that emerge every few months or so.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31