Crossovers 7,383 members · 10,980 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27

Now I think it's safe to say we've all, at some point during our time in this fandom, had a rough idea of which member of the Mane Six were the most similar to different superheroes. From Pinkie Pie with Deadpool to Applejack with Captain America, the possibilities are endless.

And there's a particular one that's cropped up over and over again and practically been milked to death: Fluttershy as the Incredible Hulk.

With the episodes having shown us that she may be shy but it would be most unfortunate to piss her off, fans have concluded this is practically a match made in heaven. The idea was even toyed with in the episode Power Ponies.

But I think we've gotten so absorbed in the idea of Fluttershy and the Hulk being a 'perfect match', we haven't considered a particular question:

Overlooking the obvious "don't make me angry" aspect of her personality, what other superhero could Fluttershy be BESIDES the Hulk and why? Whether it be Marvel or DC?

5171489 Hmm, perhaps Jericho, one of Deathstroke´s kids. In the Teen Titans show, the OG one, and I believe in the comics, both are fairly quite, though in Jericho´s case, he´s mute, both are fairly peaceful and have an admiration for nature, but both can kick ass

Squirrel-Girl.

Like Fluttershy, she's always been underestimate, but her power did prevail against really strong opponents like Doctor Doom, Thanos, Wolverine and Deadpool. The latter even said she is one of strongest super-heroine ever.

And besides, if Fluttershy was already cute in her bunny suit, wait and see her in her squirrel suit.

She could be pretty much any superhero that has the ability to Speak Fluent Animal.

I'm not a fan of making any of the main cast actual superheroes in crossovers (not that I don't enjoy superhero fics here that do just that, it's just not my preference in writing), but I suppose I could see her as Green Lantern (just because she does have quite a bit of will power/hidden courage), or maybe Swamp Thing (you know, with the whole ecological spin and everything).

5171489 Bwana Beast. A short-lived DC Superhero with the power to take two animals and combine them together... and possibly something about being able to communicate with animals. T-t-there was an entire arc about Bwana Beast in Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

5171489 squrrial girl

5171489 Squirrel GIrl for Marvel, Dove for DC or Bubbles from the Powerpuff Girls all have personalities similar in some respects to Fluttershy. Okay, they're all braver than Flutters and all of them will kick flank and take names if they must.

5171489 She's clearly BatMare.

5171526 If you're going with Lanterns, maybe the Indigo Tribe (Compassion). But they have the whole brainwashing thing...

5171489 I always saw her as a Green Lantern. She arguably has the strongest will out of all of them, and can easily overcome fear when needed too.

ant man (Hank Pym)

5171678 Definitely Green Lantern. Overcoming great fear is the core of Fluttershy's struggle.

5171589 and for more obscure choice here's something from toei the kings of Japanese super heros

Kamen rider amazon
A child od the amazon
Advocate of friendship and.....

WRECKER OF SHIT

Also a friend of the children

She's pretty imaginative too, at least in regards to some of the dressmaking and stitching she follows. And yeah, I was thinking along the lines of her overcoming her fear.

5171489 I'm surprised no one's thought of this, given her singing skills:

Black Canary, aka the Sonic Shrieker.

Can villain's powers count? I mean, if the Fairly Oddparents can use Wolverine's in Vicky, why not backwards? With that said I think Poison Ivy could be an option.

5171770 Hmm... I didn't think those choices were that obscure, and Kamen Rider isn't either. But I didn't think that anime characters were allowed, or at least no one else brought them up. If I wanted obscure, I'd go with Alley-Kat-Abra.

5172325 no i said kamen rider amazon was obscure.

And super heros aren't just in comics so yeah any medium works

5171770 Nah, Amazon's too much of a wild child. The polar opposite of Fluttershy's personality.

Personally, I think if she would be a good match for any superhero, it would be a warrior who specializes in calming down creatures that have simply been agitated, but is more than capable of destroying things that are genuine threats. Ever hear of Ultraman Cosmos?

This Ultra Warrior has more than just strength, but kindness as well. Both of those traits define Fluttershy to a T.

5172510 i was thinking the same thing!

But i like Amazon more so i mentioned him first

That's more of a fit for Rarity, though, weaponizing her voice:

5171611 No, you're being too narrow-minded by voting for a comic book superhero.

Personally, I think, with her combination of kindness and strength, there is only one superhero who is the best match for her: Ultraman Cosmos.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27