Comments ( 25 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 25

I think it sounds pretty cool, and I like the idea of mech suits. Personally though, I wish I didn't have to pick between mech suits or augments for each soldier.

Another thing I don't really care for is that the only soldiers whose classes you can change are the ones you make into pilots.

Eakin
Group Contributor

I think it sounds cool, although I do wonder how they're going to keep any semblance of balance. Some of the new mech abilities seem crazy powerful.

DracoUnis
Group Contributor

I can't waaaaaaaait!

Hey Eakin, I loved Hard Reset! :heart: I still need to read the sequels. :twilightblush:

Also, they're adding enemy mechs as well. At the very least, the Sectoids are getting one.

I skipped getting EUIV and The Bureau so I have enough money left in my gaming fund to buy EW.

Eakin
Group Contributor

Thanks!

I imagine there'll be several new enemy types, yes. And I do like the wrinkle of having to play aggressively to capture canisters before they blow up, it's a neat idea.

I'm... Half and half on it. I like the risk, but at the same time, I'm not a player who advocates wasting your red shirts. I prefer to keep them around for more useful things, like keeping my supports and snipers from getting shot.

TDR

Not sure what to think. It seems like much the same thing as what Capcom does, rerelease the same game with a few things added and charge us again for it instead of a dlc

Sneaky Breeze
Group Contributor

1596462 I saw in an interview that you can have a combination of both.

Sneaky Breeze
Group Contributor

My first thought was "I want it!"

followed by me going "Fuck, this is going to affect my fanfic now" :facehoof:

You can have both facilities, but let's say...

Sgt. Mac' is a heavy, but you've decided he isn't good enough as is. You can use... I believe it's called Meld? You can use it to either give him augments, or a mech suit. When you pick one path for a soldier, it closes off the other. For that soldier anyway.

Sneaky Breeze
Group Contributor

1597061 I see, well it somewhat makes sense in a way. otherwise it would make them overpowered, plus imagine that poor soldier going thtough so much augmentation and surgeries. :fluttercry:

Poor trooper.

Meh, I'd rather go through a fuck load of surgeries than die out in the field.

Sneaky Breeze
Group Contributor

Perhaps.

I just hope there is more fluff material and stuff to research and learn about the aliens.

I hope so too. I mean, if I have to drop 40 bucks on getting the game (30 if you play computer), I damn well better get more fluff.

You get to punch aliens with rocket fists my only though is fuck yeah I'm getting it

Axquirix
Group Contributor

This is the first I've heard of this game, and from the sounds of it, your soldiers can go all X-COM: Human Revolution?

How does the name Eve "Blackjack" Jensen sound?

I am probably going to pass on it, at least until I know it's good. Or bad, as the case may be.

Meld is different from Elerium and Alloy. From what I heard, there’s a finite number in each campaign. So you won’t have nearly enough meld to turn all of your soldiers into Spartans or Terminators. You'll have to spend your gene mods and/or MEC suits on your best soldiers.

You can get a small amount of Meld from killing Mechtoids.

Nevermind, that was pre-release info, it has been proven false. (Just like how they said too much Gene-mod may corrupt you soldier pre-release)

ChaserGrey
Group Contributor

I wish they'd get it out on the Mac App Store already!

If you play xcom, and like xcom, get the expansion. If they had only done mecs, it would have been a good game. If they had only done genetic enhancment, it would have been a good game. If they had only added concil mission scenarios, it would have been a good game.

But you get all of this and more. I haven't beaten a new game with the expansion yet. But normal is MUCH harder now (yay) and nothing beats punching muton beserker through a wall. Not to mention the nasty/cool surprise mission halfway through the campaign. :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 25