The Hero... Nightmare Moon? 2,181 members · 320 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31

Thoughts, queries, observations on this? We already have the New Lunar Republic for Princess Luna but what about Nightmare Moon's reign?

Ghost-091
Group Admin

I've been trying to figure that out for all of the alicorns. We have Celestia's Solar Empire, Luna's New Lunar Republic, for Twilight, me and a friend came up with the Twilight Commonwealth. Cadence and Moon still need one (and no, the Crystal Empire doesn't count since it doesn't follow the naming conventions of the others).

2335003 That is badass.

The Nightmare Society or the Noctural Republic

NightShide Empire.

I wanted to use it myself in my story, but I doubt I will write it anytime soon, so feel free to use it.

2335003 1920x1080 chop chop, or theres no pony for you.:trollestia:

As for the name... how "Imperium Somnis" (Dream Empire) sounds?

2335465 you sure you want that?

Lots of good names guys.

I personally like the Empire of Night.

How about "The Dark Moon's Reign" or "The Moon's Dark Side Regence"?

Please give me your thoughts on my suggestions.

2335435>>2335093 At first I didn't really like the Latin, as it didn't seem to fit with the other power's names, but then I realized, Nightmare Moon happened a thousand years ago. It would still make some sense for them, especially being led by an ancient goddess, to use older, possibly Latin ways of themselves.

2334998 I disagree with you on the Crystal Empire vs. Cadance whatchamagig idea, as they so far have been named after what the Alicorn controls (Solar Empire, Lunar Republic, etc.) and Cadance controls the Crystal Empire. I do, however, REALLY love the name Twilight Commonwealth. I've been trying to come up with a name for her followers, and I love that name. It fits perfectly. Twilight doesn't want to rule, she wants what is best for everypony.:twilightsmile:

Ghost-091
Group Admin

The reason why I discount the Crystal Empire is that "Empire" has already been used by the Solar Empire. Each faction is of a different governing structure that reflects on the leader. Also what do crystals have to do with Cadence's talent in the realm of "love" or the name "Cadence"?

2342853 How about Love Commune?

Ghost-091
Group Admin

While it fits the requirements, I'm not sure if the connotation would fit Cadence's character.

I will admit though, that did have me snickering :trollestia:

2342853 Technically, as the Crystal Empire has been around for far more than a thousand years, it was an "empire" before Luna turned on Celestia, so the Solar Empire should find a new name, because it came AFTER the Crystal Empire. I understand your wanting to have different names for each, I would like that to, but the Crystal Empire was called that to begin with. Having Cadance in charge does not change that fact. Regardless of Cadance's personality or talent with love, she is ruling over an empire... made of crystal. Crystal. Empire.:twilightoops: She may be a ruler of love, but her title reflects her actual position, and who she controls. I would love to see Cadance's Love Battalion, but she is, by title and rank, an Empress, leading an Empire.

If anything should be changed, it should be the Solar Supremacy.

That sounds like the total rule of a tyranical Sun Queen.:trollestia::twilightoops:

Ghost-091
Group Admin

The Crystal Empire didn't become cannon until well after the Solar Empire existed. Use the real world's timeline, not the show's timeline. The SE and NLR have been around since the first two episodes. The Crystal Empire didn't exist until Season Three.

2403563 Why would I use the real world timeline? I use the show timeline... because the rulers are IN THE SHOW.:ajbemused:

Ghost-091
Group Admin

Because the fannon names were created during Season 1, when the Crystal Empire didn't even exist in the writers' minds.

2439562 Canon overwrites Fanon. Either they both get "Empire," or the "Solar Empire," which is NOT Canon, changes it's name.:twilightsmile:

Ghost-091
Group Admin

No, the entire point of these is for fannon purposes. Crystal Empire doesn't work and Solar Empire has been around for a lot longer.

2439714 And this is why I don't think we should bother changing it. No one is going to agree, but the Solar Empire is already in place, and the Crystal Empire is now Canon. As much as I would like to try to change it, I think it would be best to leave it at that.:pinkiesmile:

LONG LIVE PRINCESS TWILIGHT!:twilightsmile:

well, that got sidetracked pretty quickly...From thinking about Nightmare's empire to alternative names Crystal Empire then Solar Empire...then to Twilight. not that i mind:pinkiehappy:

The Eclipsed Nightmare Empire.
She's so beautiful.:pinkiesad2:

2334949 The Nocturne Empire/Kingdom

I personally will use "Noctris" in my story, albeit it's not Nightmare Moon alone who will rule. Her part is the Nightmare Realm

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31