Pinkie Pie: Pinkamena Diane Pie 1,626 members · 1,867 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Looking throughout these forums, it appears that this group is sadly dead. And well, it definetly is a bit upsetting. Yet we can't just stand here and hope for Donny's possible return. We needa do something.

Yes, I know there are many other Pinkie groups on site. But those groups would take months to near the number of members this one already has. And even then, this group would've only gained more.

If possible, we could try and contact Donny, or a site admin about this, and ask if it's possible to become an admin of this certain group, although I doubt that we could.

But what do you guys think? Is there a way we could revive this group— admins or none, etc? Because poor Ponka 3.14 is the only Mane Six group that's dead.

And that. That's just not fun at all. :applecry:

Have you considered writing contests, etc?
Plus, some groups are just meant to be story archives. Sad, but true.

Not dead, just in a deep, deep sleep maybe?

5738004 if there's any way I could help let me know!

YOu don't need admins in order to talk, make threads, make stories, create contests, or any of the things that can get a group going.

The complexity of writing Pinkie also goes into how difficult it is sometimes to get people on the same page. Many people have different interpretations of Pinkie which can keep us from coalescing together. Heck even in the show different writers treat Pinkie very differently especially depending on the kind of story they want to tell.

Part of what Crimson says also really contributes. All of S5 and S6, the writers have been incredibly uneven to outright bad at using Pinkie. There really isn't much to work with where she's concerned because the characterization has been schizophrenic. We haven't really gotten any deeper development since Party of One and Too Many Pinkies.

Well I think there are episodes where she is well written but at the same time they are not really compelling for our purposes.

Things like her party prep cave and her being used by the mayor for organizing everything actually are neat additions but are of limited utility in getting authors new ideas for stories.

Of course in a way this is true for many of the characters right now. As my most prominent example is in the Equestria Girls movies where it is so heavily slanted to Twilight that most of the characters get mostly nothing (which is too bad). Sunset gets a little bit of attention (but not enough since she at least is fun) but even she is mostly ignored for more Twilight (who has been mostly boring lately in all versions of the show which is a shame). PInkie is barely used at all though she does get a couple choice jokes (and the outtake with her getting Sunset to go diving back into her head was hilarious and makes you wonder what her motives were).

I think many of the writers are not good with ensembles. Notice in all the action oriented episodes they tend to go very much with just one character and mostly a heavy dose of Twilight. Think how much more fun if they all really participated in their own way. As an example the episode with trying to stop the dragon in his mountain top home is a fun episode that shows off a lot of ensemble moments even if the lesson is learned by Fluttershy (which makes it one of a few Fluttershy episodes I actually like).

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7