Shipping 💖 9,763 members · 11,719 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

So has anyone actually found a use for this message board thing yet? (No, the 'HERP DERP' post doesn't count. Don't even go there.) Because other than just some random chatting and stiff I really just can't seem to think of anything. Self-advertisement, perhaps?

:trixieshiftleft:

:trixieshiftright:

...Nah. Well, how about random posts like this, then? Because, um, yeah. That's always fun.

knighty
Site Owner
Group Admin

Groups like this are more a collection of stories and so they don't have too much need for a message board. It's mainly for groups where people are helping others to write, looking for ideas, that kind of thing.

And that can still happen with this group. I'm sure that there are a number of talented writers who can help newfoals.

Makes sense.

Actually, yeah, I mean if somebody asked me to help them out I'd sure do it. Not the best writer ever, but I've been told I'm pretty good.

Potentially, board is a place where a discussion on the merits of inclusion of stories into group archive would take place.

I'm an old-school Internet type so I think that everything's better with a forum. :rainbowwild:

I was actually going to ask Knighty if he was considering adding a forum to the site, but he went one better and did this groups thing. Lawl. :pinkiehappy:

Could be useful for challenges and contests and the like.

What do you guys think of me shipping a male Rarity with... X? (Not too sure who the X is, yet. I'd like X to be male.)

But, anyways, Twilight's spell had a little accidentally side effect and Rarity is all uncertain about her new parts and new urges. She still is female on the inside though. Some pony discovers her secret, but things work out great.

As much as I know people hate OC shipped with mane six, I'll probably do that. There's not many males to work with in Ponyville. I wouldn't want it to be Big Mac. Maybe Braeburn or a stallion like that is taking a vacation in Ponyville?

Sounds good?

Sounds okay, but... really? Gender swapping?

And, wouldn't Twilight try to change it back, or contact princess Celestia? (It's an emergency, one of her friends is a GUY!)

Why not come up with your own OC? He needs to clash with Rarity's personality a little, but that'll make it twice as fun.

How will Sweetie and her other friends/family react?

That's about all, keep up the good ideas!

Taranasaurus :scootangel:

Well in my mind I'm thinking that Twilight can undo the spell or maybe the spell undoes itself but there's a kind of time-limit (e.g. we have to wait for the full moonlight or something like that and it's in two days). I'm also thinking that Rarity might have a kind of delayed reaction where she seems fine at first but then she goes home and changes clothes or something and then.... wooo new boy parts?!?! It might be that Twilight made the gender swapping spell as, say, a strength enhancing spell that makes you more masculine (but Twilight made it too powerful). Rarity would be so nervous to even go to Twilight and explain what really happened... but then when she does she learns she just has to wait (until the full moon or whatever).

The sense of it being an emergency would kind of end when Rarity meets up with that one colt that kind of accepts her for who she now is. Or at least that's what I think.

So, is this going to be M/M shipping? Rarity and a colt?

Sounds like a cool idea. As for the 'nervous to tell Twilight' thing, remember when Rarity swore never to keep secrets from her friends again? Yeah, you may want to come up with a less canon-conflicting idea.

Time-limit? Ooohhh, you could make it like Cinderella, the whole 'when the clock strikes midnight' thing. Have her run away from the colt before the transformation.

More masculine? Wouldn't that lower Rarity's voice? Why not make it that the effects take time, so she goes hone to bed, and wakes up as a guy?

So, when she accepts the changes, she's on a hunt for Twilight, so she can strengthen the spell.

Just trying to contribute, hope it helps!

Yeah, I want it to be m/m.

By "nervous to tell Twilight" I meant not that Rarity would lie or keep secrets, but that she wouldn't quite be able to spit it out exactly what happened. So Rarity is Rarity, but then she goes home and does something (maybe she does go to sleep and wake-up). She then wakes up as a he. I suppose then he decides to call himself 'Essence' or 'Purity' or something like that to the confused other ponies. He'll say he's Rarity's second cousin once removed or something like that and taking care of the shop in the short meantime.

He'll go to Twilight, but he'll not to be sure what to say or do. Maybe he has to give information to Twilight in drips and drips. Maybe Twilight is under severe duress from something else (more failed spells? Maybe life threatening other failed spells?) and avoids Purity accidentally. Physically I'm thinking that Purity would look a lot like Rarity but just with maybe wider shoulders, a bit bigger, shorter hair, and of course the necessary boy parts.

The colt, maybe lets call him Blackberry since I like that name, wants just some evening wear from Purity, but then he's immediately smitten. He's a little weirded out though since he's normally into girls. They romance. Then later the spell is about to revert. Purity runs away beforehand. He turns back into Rarity. Blackberry later finds out the truth, but he tells Rarity that he doesn't care and he forgives her for lying to him-- since Blackberry loves the inside beauty of Rarity. They kiss and make up. The end.

Oh, hey that doesn't sound to bad!

So it starts as M/M, but finishes as straight shipping? Sounds like an original idea.

Twilight could be under pressure from the princess about something, maybe she has a test or something, and that's why she was testing the spell on Rarity. With no back-up plan, she goes major bookworm and locks herself away. Maybe?

Anyway, sounds like a good read, and I'd be happy to help proof it and give feedback if ya want!

I'll probably work on that soon. In the meantime, could you look at some of my own currently incomplete shipping stories such as 30 Days In The Hole (OC with Miss Mayor) or Under Every Lamppost (OC with Sweetie Belle)? Thanks!

I'll give 'em a go, sorry for the long wait, was doing lotsa stuff.

Sure, thanks!

Glad to see that you like the Rarity->Purity shipfic I outlined above. You've read all three chapters I've written so far, right?

Anything that you'd edit?

Yeah, there were a few, tiny things. Mind if I stick it in a Googledoc and add some comments? I'll send it to ya in a PM.

I honestly just wanted to see what would happen when this REALLY old, last-one-in-my-forum thread jumped up to the very top... (its last entry was posted before I even joined the site 8.5 years ago!)
Seems like the discussion here of what turned into a published fic was quite productive, but 'tis a shame that the author of said fic appears to have departed from the site over half a decade ago. As has the initial poster.
Dick move, I know, since nothing else will likely come of this, but I was bored... sorry...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19