Art for Fanfiction 5,168 members · 212 stories
Comments ( 119 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 119
Mix-up
Group Contributor
Mix-up #1 · Oct 2nd, 2020 · · 1 ·

Halloween Party 2020

Hello everyone it's that time of the year again, it's Halloween time!! Everyone running around in costumes trick or treating for candy, and while current circumstances doesn't allow it this year, it doesn't stop us from doing it here. NicLove had has been kind enough to requested me to do another Halloween group art, with everyones OC's Trick or treating around in costumes. This year's background will be a cemetery, so there will be plenty of chances for run around and be spooked. Submissions will be open from today, October 1st to 23th, there will be progress previews, corrections will be possible, the finished piece will be done before the night of October 31th. These is 20 places available.

NicLove has agreed to be the moderator for the group and will guide and answer any regular questions you might have. Please be courteous with him and each other.

So here are the basic rules for take part:
1) Please provide an image of your OC ref and an image of the costume you want to wear. If you don't have one you can use a pony creator to help designing him.
2)please be sure of the costume you want and keep it to the original post you declared it.
3) If you have a specific pose in mind please let me know in the post.
4) If you will to be in a specific group cluster please agree with each other if you have a specific scene together in mind.
4) Like last year, each slots are 10 USD and payments are done through paypal, and you will need to send me your email on PM along with the relevant information.

Current participants:

1)

Scribe of the Nightwings

:Astral Ink Gordon Freeman[/url

2)

NicLove

Kirouac as All-Might

3)Light Heart101 - LightHeart
- Scooby-do

4)Valtyrian - Kohaku - Naruto

5) Galaxy of Equestria - Patty-Sparkle - Twilight Sparkle Plushy sleeper

6) SmallBrooke - Lowkey

7) Samellan - Copper Gift - Spy from the Team Fortress 2

8)morion87 - Filly - Five headed D&D dragon

9)PoisonClaw - GallantryGallantry - Samurai Jack
10)Deergenerate-Arcturus Mengsk-
11)Hippocratic Oath-Broad Sword-Genn Graymane
I everybody have fun in this project.

I'm sold on the idea. So here's my character.

And her costume.

The five headed dragon, just to be clear, would be Pearl's costume. If that's too much, I have another idea as a backup.

Mix-up
Group Contributor

interesting costume, certainly be interesting to try my hand at that.:rainbowdetermined2:

Hey, it's me in the bottom corner XD

I might get involved we shall see XD

Sound's like fun. Count me in. Here's a ref image for my character:

As for his costume, I'm going to go with Samurai Jack from... Samurai Jack.

You know what, I think I'll throw in my OC this year!
Here's my character: Astral Ink

And for his costume, I think I'll go with the intellectual badass himself: Gordon Freeman

Not to be too picky, but if you could also include the crowbar and have Astral holding it in his magic in the piece, that would be awesome! :twilightsmile:

Kirouac as All-Might

Have Kirouac's mane combed like All-Might

Edit:
if you don't have an Image of your O.C.
Pony Creator Full

Pony Creator V3

jwebgen

Pony Maker

3D

Pony Town

Mix-up
Group Contributor

They both look like a lot of fun to do. Please also provide all relevant information in your PM, so that I can process them and so that I can put both of you on the list. Thank you.:twilightsmile:

Mix-up
Group Contributor

Well this is certainly in interesting piece to do.

LOOK AT THIS

Thanks

Discord Group: https://discord.gg/b8UcSWX
1) How do you get your costume ?

2) What where you doing before getting in the Cemetery ?

3) How do you find yourself in the Cemetery ?

4) What do you do in the Cemetery ?

5) How do you get out, and what do you do after getting out of the Cemetery ?

01) morion87: (Pearl?) dressed as Five Headed Dragon

02) PoisonClaw: Gallantry dressed as Samurai Jack.

03) Scribe of the Nightwings: Astral Ink dressed as Gordon Freeman. with the crowbar

04) NicLove: Kirouac dress as All-Might. with his mane combed like All Power Up All-Might
05) FlashTruth as Shaggy

06) Light Heart101: Light Heart dressed as Scooby-doo
07) Book Knight as BatMan

08)Deergenerate: (Forester the Deer) dressed as (Arcturus Mengsk's uniform from Star Trek)

09) Valtyrian: Kohaku Dress as Naruto

10) SmallBrooke: Small Brooke wearing a Peridot

11) JimmyHook19: Jimmy Hook dressed as MistMane

(...)

20) ...

Hey, I figured I'd try it out again. I will use Light Heart again and will have him dressed like Scooby-doo, running from somebody who looks scary.

Let me know a few days before you get started if you need another OC. I may toss Light's brother in the mix.

I forgot to hit reply.

Pearl Rose made her Tiamat costume mostly herself. Having grown up fascinated with dragons her entire life, she could resist making a costume based on the Dragon Queen herself. Rarity assited in several spots, and while she found the idea a little odd, she wasn't one to turn down a filly asking for her help.

Before going to the cemetery, Pearl spent Nightmare Night as any foal her age would. Princess Twilight herself would comment on how well she had made her costume as accurate as possible, seeing as few ponies had ever seen Tiamat herself.

Spike would later swear that the heads of the costume glared at him, even as Pearl herself was as friendly as could be.

And that's as much of a story as I have at the moment. I'll try and fill out the rest of it later.

Please put it on the Google-Doc

p.s. if you can
We are Writing this to gather

p.s. Are the 4 other head fake, or her face ?

Sorry. Added to the Doc. I think I did it right. I've never used Google Doc before.

Mix-up
Group Contributor

Nice costume choice, don't forget to PM me the proper relent information for your spot.:twilightsmile:

p.s. Did I forget something ?

7344371 7344348

I am certainly taking part in this)

7344303 7344440

Which O.C. ?

name and image please
and
what they are going to be dress up as, with image

p.s. also Story

Forester the Deer, and he is wearing Arcturus Mengsk's uniform from Starcraft, I hashed out the details with Mix-up on Discord.

And if you are making a new story, I'd love to be in it XD

just click the link Story

p.s. Can I please have the images for the list ? 7344371

Ah, we're doing this again already? Are there any restrictions if we were in it previously like there were last year, or is it open to everyone at this time?

In the latter case, I'll think on the costume(s) a bit, I know which oc(s) I'll enter. Are multiple entries by the same person allowed by the way? Thinking of entering two ocs that are engaged.

Four of the heads are fake. Pearl's face would be in the neck of the fifth one.

I'll participate again this year as well.

Kohaku - Age 12 (no larger then your average colt)

Dressed as Naruto

Story:
1) How do you get your costume ?
Kohaku has it made by his special somepony Sweetie Belle
2) What where you doing before getting in the Cemetery ?
frolicking about in the moonlight, enjoying the full moon
3) How do you find yourself in the Cemetery ?
He was actually going there to begin with
4) What do you do in the Cemetery ?
Summons illusions of ghosts and goblins to play pranks on anypony who he comes across
5) How do you get out, and what do you do after getting out of the Cemetery ?
Leaves on his own near dawn, and goes to enjoy breakfast with his adopted family

give me slot I don't want miss this! dm u on discord

is it open to everyone at this time?

Open to All

Are there any restrictions if we were in it previously

... if there are more they 20 O.C.
you may be the fist one to be cut.

In the latter case, I'll think on the costume(s) a bit, I know which oc(s) I'll enter.

Can we please have the O.C. now
so that we can put them on the List 7344371

Are multiple entries by the same person allowed by the way?

You can, but you have to Pay 10,01$ more for each extra O.C.

Thinking of entering two ocs that are engaged.

make Sure that you like Mix-Up that they are Engaged.

7344490 thanks for letting us know

7344493 Thanks, and Please Write your O.C.s part in the story
if you can

7344557 can I please have name and Costum for the list ? 7344371

Mix-up
Group Contributor

Happy to see you on board again friend. :twilightsmile: Makes sure to PM me all the relevant information to me then.

Hello again ModernSilver, rules are mostly the same as last year you can have more then one slot if you want and the price is still the same just as last time.

indeed we have talked about it on Discord, but still it would be pareaciated if you could also link the ref image here for the sake of giving everyone a an idea of what they could want for a costume for their OC's

okay but I still need you to post the image of your OC and list what you want as a costume for this tread.

I also saw that you (or someone) added two questions before the story. I hope I answered them right.

There are 5 questions.

okay posted in Chapter 1. sorry if it ran a bit long,

I do have one question. Seeing as Chapter 1 is coming along, do I need to fill out, in full, everything my character does in the story, now? I didn't think the questions here would be turned into what looks like a fully story.

I've got an outline idea for how Pearl and Rarity do the costume. The rest of it, not so much.

Alright, I'll brainstorm the costumes & contact you on Discord.

Comment posted by SmallBrooke deleted Oct 2nd, 2020

I'd like to have a slot too. I want my ponysona, Small Brooke wearing a Peridot onesie costume. I'll DM you the refs on Discord and explain you more about it.

My Discord is Small Brooke#8232

Mix-up
Group Contributor

I am sorry it seems that your Discord address doesn't work. could you show an image of your OC , I take it it's your current avatar but I just want to be sure. Is something like that maybe?

Well...I did send you a link of my sona in the DM's.

Oh I'm not missing out for sure. X3

Like always... My Female Bat Pony Self aka... Jimmy Hook :3

Here are the reference shots for her like always. ;3

https://www.deviantart.com/jimmyhook19202122/art/Jimmy-Hook-Female-Bat-Pony-Front-View-852511107

https://www.deviantart.com/jimmyhook19202122/art/Jimmy-Hook-Female-Bat-Pony-Left-View-852511117

https://www.deviantart.com/jimmyhook19202122/art/Jimmy-Hook-Female-Bat-Pony-Back-View-852511129

https://www.deviantart.com/jimmyhook19202122/art/Jimmy-Hook-Female-Bat-Pony-Right-View-852511150

Seeing as 2018 had her in her Somnambula Costume and 2019 in her Mage Meadowbrook Costume.... to make it full circle of the main female Pillars of Old Equestria Members.... her costume for this year shall be........

MISTMANE! :D :yay:

And most specifically... here's the reference shot for the costume via the character she is dressing up as. ;3

Hope I'm not too late. ;3

Mix-up
Group Contributor

hey great to hear you again, this could be an interesting work to do Misty Mane. I will just need you to forward all the required information that I need to make sure you have your spot in this.:twilightsmile:

1. You know you can still reply to my comments via the reply button and not in a separate comment, right? :/

hey great to hear you again,

Heh, I wouldn't miss out on still giving more fan art love for My Female Bat Pony Self. X3

this could be an interesting work to do Misty Mane.

It's Mistmane, not Misty Mane. :/

4. Okie :3

Should I get FlashTruth as Shaggy form Scooby Doo
and have Light Heart in FlashTruth 's arm

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Scooby+Doo+and+Shaggy+arm&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiW04WEupfsAhXBq54KHZshBgcQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=Scooby+Doo+and+Shaggy+arm&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzoCCAA6BggAEAgQHjoECAAQGFCDCljmImCtJWgBcAB4AIABc4gBugOSAQMwLjSYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ8ABAQ&sclient=img&ei=Pex3X9bALsHX-gSbw5g4&bih=615&biw=1150&hl=en#imgrc=MiLipo9fBiNY-M&imgdii=eKJc_jQPtg2nXM

it's mostly just to have an ideal of how we can conecked each others O.C.s
and also so that others can Write while we aren't there.

edit: p.s. the part in Black fell free to change and edit this
and when it's in ( ) it means it's just a place holder untell you edit & change it.

ok, but.. p.s. in they story cand we have her become the Old-MistMane ?
or...

Okay. I was planning on seeing what others wrote for their own characters, so that I could try and make mine and what she does fit in with them. Whether it works or not... Time will tell :P

Well we are working to gather
and editing what we Write bast on what the Other's are doing

p.s. what do you think of what's in Chapter 3 (page 12)

Definitely has given me a few ideas for Pearl. And assuming the effects of being turned into their costumes doesn't wear off once the Crystal is gone, I've got a few more.

But it's too early now to say more. I'm taking this one chapter at a time, and whatever else other characters do. Working with other people's characters is hard as it is. I don't want to jump to far ahead.

Just making places so we all know where we are all going

p.s. It should get off, after the Evil Crystal goes Kaboom !
but...

I think it would be more fun if the effect lasted even after it goes KaBoom! And then begins to wear off once they get away from the Cemetary.

This is Ponyville. On Nightmare Night. Weird and crazy stuff happens in this town. So why not this too? But that's just an idea.

I do have one idea where that, even if the effect goes away for the others, something or someone, keeps it going for Pearl. I hinted at something was going on with her in the character questioneer. I might expand more on it. Time will tell though.

1) hpabout 50% when it goes KaBoom,
then when they live it's 99% back to normal

2) It's a good Ideal

3) Howabout one of the pieces goes in her mouth and ...

Not sure what you mean with #1. I do like the idea of #3. Not sure where it could lead. But I can probably think of something as a sort of sequel to this. Maybe not a true sequel.

But using what happens here as a springboard for something more afterward for Pearl. But that is for much later.

1) The ideal I had was the don't have there Normal Powers and Magic
but when the the Crytal goes KaBoom, the get 50% of the Magic and Power back, now they can fight back the monsters
and when they live, the get 99% of there full powers back.

Now I get it. Makes sense. Would make them have to use whatever their costume gives them, which should be fun. Knowing the character, and then knowing how to use their powers correctly, are two very different things.

With half of their own magic and powers back, they would be forced I'd think to rely on whatever their costumes give them. Should make it more fun. That's what I'm thinking anyway.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 119