Art for Fanfiction 5,168 members · 212 stories
Comments ( 34 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 34

Hello, this is Melly, and I am hosting an art contest. The theme is about progress -- Precious Progress. Sorry I took a bit longer than expected to make the official post. Without further ado, here are your instructions.

INSTRUCTIONS

Take an older drawing of yours and redraw it better. That's pretty much it for instructions. Just trying to keep it simple, ya'll.

RULES
1. Drawing must be at least a year old and no more than five years.
2. Drawing can be digital or traditional.
3. Only one entry per person.
4. Old drawing must be provided along with your entry in order to see progress.
5. Drawings must be SFW and cannot be saucy.
6. Contest entry cannot be a rough sketch. It must be a completed piece. (Neat lineart is fine. )

JUDGING AND PRIZES
All artwork will be judged by me based on improvement, skill, compostition, etc. I will do my best to be fair.
This are the prizes for the winners.

1st place - Full drawing (with the limit of three OCs or one special species character and one OC.) from Pencil Melody using medium(s) of winner's choice. Drawing must fall within the guidelines but can now include items from the can't list (provided below).

2nd place - oneshot written by/with Lord Krahtorra; or Basic sketch or OC drawing by Pencil Melody. Must fall within the can do list. Only one OC will be drawn in OC pic.

3rd. Basic sketch or OC pic by Pencil Melody. Same rules as 2nd place drawing.

What can I be hired/requested to do?
+pencil sketches
+full pencil drawings
+pastels
+inkpen
+polymer clay jewelry (not currently available until commissions are set up. Polymer is expensive when you don't have a job.)
+mixed media ie. inkpen w/ pencil

What I can, can't, and won't do

Note: once commissions are set up, groupings will change. Things that will require payment will be marked with *. Certain things that are under can't also might become available.

Can do
+ponies (if in the case of more than two*)
+OCs
+(depending on the complexity*) changelings, draconequii, griffins, dragons*, and other mlp creatures
+ OC creatures and mixed breeds
+backgrounds
+landscapes
+flowers and plants
+still life
+cats
+food, especially donuts
+shippings. (just no kissing or same gender ships)

Can't do yet
+humans and human profiles*
+full color pictures (w/ exception of pastels and partial color in ink pens drawings)
+real horses
+comics*

Won't Do

Note: if it mentions up to my discretion, then feel free to ask if you think it'll comply with my requirements. Anything else is non-negotiable.

+clop of any kind.
+foalcon and any shipping involving foals
+heavy or detailed gore. Blood in small amouts is okay. Generally, this will be up to my discretion.
+art for any mature stories. Sorry folks, people will recognize and associate me with anything that they find my name with.
+same gender shippings
+Anything depicting drugs or alcohol. Again, up to my discretion.

The only things I won't do, besides what's in the obvious won't do section, are polymer clay items, real horses, and comics. This was copy-pasted from my user page.

[b/] SUBMISSION AND DUE DATE]

You can pm me or reply in the comments below the link to your entry along with the comparison pic. Drawings can be submitted from now until the deadline.

Deadline: April 7 at 11:59 pm.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask.

Thanks!

~Melly~

5094509 I'll join! :) Might be done tonight, if not sometime tomorrow.

Alright thanks! :twilightsmile:
~Melly~

Lol, that was the purpose. Glad you can join.
;3 :raritywink:
^-^:scootangel:
:yay: Yay! Btw, thanks for the follow! :twilightsmile:

~Melly~

Lol, your name is too purrfect (sorry, I couldn't resist. sorry:fluttershyouch:
~Melly~

Haha it's okay :3 I liked the pun :3

I'll see what I can draw!
(hopefully I'll get to this!):pinkiecrazy:

Won't Do
[...]
+same gender shippings

:fluttershysad:

I've always wanted to redraw my 1st digital art.

No promises though!

Question, what happens if if I did a redrawing of an old art recently, but was made before this post, does it still count?

Then I shall banish you to the moon!
Jk XD.
If the redraw was done withn the last 6 months, then it's okay. You're the 2nd one to ask, or maybe you're the 1st depending on who asked first. Lol, no matter.
~Melly~

Well it was made in December 2015 and the old art was made February 2015 so I'm not sure if it works.

It works. Your old art is more than a year old going by the contest's deadline. I meant sixth months for the new entry. We'll say that April 7 will be the determiner for art age. Lol, I kept confusing myself with what your concern actually was. I probably went through like 5 thoughts before I realized what you meant. Lol, sorry. XD, sorry if I've been more than a tad confusing. (Nixworld beat you with a similar question by 6 hours, lol)
If you're still unsure, then go on ahead and ask. I confound myself, so it wouldn't be a bother.
~Melly~

I think it's my fault for wording my reply wrong, sorry. The new art was made in December which is within the 6 month area. The old art was made in February which is kind of is in the 1 year mark but I don't know if it works.

I guess these are my submissions if they work. You can look at the date that they were posted if you want to make sure.

New art link: http://fairyrave.deviantart.com/art/Fairy-Rave-Portrait-Redraw-577435987

Old art link: http://fairyrave.deviantart.com/art/Fairy-Rave-Portrait-514522837

You're totes fine. Yes, they work. Considered yourself entered.
Good job!
~Melly~

Thank-you, and I'm sorry again for being confusing.
I'm not the best person to come to when it comes to wording or grammar in fact. :twilightsheepish:

You're welcome! :twilightsmile: No need to worry. It's all figured out. You're now listed with your art on the reminder/entry page. Lol, this conversation can stay a secret between us.
~Melly~

Okay, I see it. Though I still can't believe my style art changed that much, within a year too. :derpytongue2:

Lol, then it totally captures the heart of the contest. We'll see what the results bring. For fun, I'll redraw something of my own as a contest goodie thing. What it'll be will remain a surprise. Shh, don't tell anyone.
~Melly~

I won't, so your secret is safe with me.

Good. *sneaks off and lurks elsweyr*
~Melly~

Does it count if I color the old one partially and the new one fully?

Sorry, both of ya'll. My bro has Crohn's and he went out of remission so I had to stay at my grandma's house for a few days. She doesn't have wifi, lol.

Yes, that's okay, lol. I'll be sure to add it to the list. :twilightsmile:

That's fine. Lol, I've sometimes come across saucy things that are just . . . yeah. Yes, yours does works. Thanks! I'll add it to the list. :twilightsmile:

~Melly~

Decided to try this thing out! 3 years of practice pays off i guess
If pic is too big to load here

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 34