Twilight Sparkle 4,761 members · 12,314 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

Did she really deserve the hate?

No more than Starlight. And much like Starlight I more blame the writers for how they introduced her then the character themselves

I have no opinion on a character that is an infant throughout the show. There is nothing there yet, personality wise, to even have an opinion on, but I think the hate she got was because she was born an alicorn? I will admit that was a dumb decision on Hasbro’s part. :twilightoops:

She got hate? Granted, babies can be a real pain in the ears, but what's the hate for?

Extreme hate, I still see people posting things negative about her to this day.
Never understood it myself.

Absolutely not, I didn't get the outright unhinged response to her honestly.

In my honest opinion, she held no merits to how the show operated. Hasbro basically threw her into the equation just to sell more toys.

Also, I never personally watched the show to be honest. I just know a lot people say that Flurry Heart was just another means to get toys sold when it came to the show.

Maybe I would like her more if she wasn't a nightmare to watch.

I love Flurry, and the hate mostly came from Faust cultists reeeeeing about how there should only be two alicorns.

Loved her from the moment the first preview images started showing up.

As for the hate, yeah there were times I just felt it was too much.

I'll say this, I don't hate her. However, I understand. that this character is introduced extremely mediocre, while breaking some of the internal foundations of the world order of the series.
Also, I perceive Cadance, Shining and their daughter Flurry as some kind of adaptation of a typical fairy tale plot. Like, Cadence is a princess in trouble, Shining is a "prince charming", their marriage is a happy ending. The only difference is that in this adaptation, both the prince and the princess are saved by a third party, although even Twilight would not have win if Shining and Cadance had not shown the "Power of Love" at the end of that two-part series.
The natural result of a "fairy tale marriage" will be the same "fairy tale" child. Therefore, although I understand the trend that caused Flurry to appear, I cannot perceive her as a serious character. Exactly the same as Cadance and Shining.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14