Fallout Equestria 5,365 members · 2,614 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

I've looking for inspiration from RPGs lately and I'm searching for a good FOE RPG, does anyone know a system that captures FOE well?

https://www.modiphius.net/pages/falloutrpg

there is an official fallout rpg, you will probably have to reskin it to FOE though

Dead Tree studios has a decent d100 system i play with from time to time.

http://projectdeadtree.com/site/

You can find Dead Tree Studio's system here, They have a discord if you have any questions. (https://discord.gg/deadtreestudios)

Dead Tree is a mess but if you want a system that's in line with the OG Fallout games it comes close. I'd sooner recommend reskinning Star Wars: Edge of The Empire.

Escape From Tarkov. Have fun!

There are a few mods that add little pip as a follower to fallout 3 4 and new Vegas

Skyrim has a mod for the mane6 and princesses as followers

Cascadejackal
Group Admin

Assuming you mean a tabletop RPG, and not a console or PC game, I think there was an FoE ruleset floating around years ago, but don't quote me on that.
There might even have been an MLP:FiM themed ruleset at one point, but I'm even less certain on that. It might've been someone's personal project that I heard about in passing.

There's a lot of TTRPG systems that could be reskinned in fitting Fallout: Equestria. As Love Moth said above, there's the official Fallout TTRPG, which would be the easiest ruleset to work from, although I have no experience with it and it's kinda pricy.

For a cheaper option, if you don't mind a ruleset based on squad combat more than storytelling (not too hard to modify/simplify it for more narrative focus and traditional single-character-per-player games) I might recommend Fallout Tactics Warfare. You used to be able to get it by buying Fallout Tactics (which has a great editor for making maps (meant to be used for making levels in Tactics, but IIRC you can export the maps as a large, complete image that would work for TTRPG play)), but I don't know if the currently available version of Tactics on Steam includes the Warfare rules.

I heard Dead Tree was meh, so I'm helping a buddy make one. It uses a d20 and d10 system for skills and SPECIAL with skillpoints and stuff with all the same skills that are in Fallout (unlike dead tree) .

There's a copy of the system, which is still wip, here: https://discord.gg/Dj2k8SnhKk

EDIT: I'm also in this discord group which I totally forgot about, they're making a system as well: https://discord.gg/upWKsaqUGr

Phoenix_Dragon
Group Contributor

As much as I hate to say it, the Fallout: Equestria RPGs I've seen have generally had issues, and sometimes severe ones. I couldn't really recommend any of them.

That Modiphius Fallout RPG might work with a little tweaking to fit the setting. I haven't seen those rules, but from I (admittedly vaguely) remember of the 2d20 system, it's probably... okay. It shouldn't require too much work to get working and probably does the job adequately, but it doesn't seem like it'd excel at anything. But again, this is from vague knowledge of the base system, not the specific book. If nothing else, it looks very pretty!

My personal go-to, due to my own experience, would be GURPS, but I know that's not for everyone. It'd require a lot of up-front work to set things up, but it's a very flexible system, and you can adjust it to be anywhere from lightweight and cinematic to super crunchy and gritty, depending on what kind of game you want. But I'd also say it requires a more experienced GM to run things well.

I've also been reading FATE lately with the idea of trying it out, and it'd probably work very well. The narrative structure seems to fit well for a setting where the main characters always seem to be somehow special in the eyes of the plot, even if they're not super-powerful. It also seems like it would require very little setup. A few aspects or stunts to handle flying, magic, etc, and maybe some vague description of what goes in the various weapon/armor categories (if you're using those rules), and you're good to go. And the aspect mechanic seems very fitting for cutie marks.

One of us should use the FATAL system. It would perfectly suit a Project Horizons setting:pinkiecrazy: Not to say Project is bad, not at all. But I can't think of another system that could keep with it in terms of word count and sheer unabashed lunacy

Phoenix_Dragon
Group Contributor

Well, I can't think of anyone better to do it than the one who had the idea in the first place.

Thank you for your sacrifice.

After studying what F.A.T,A.L is all I can say is, Nope. Not even for a Project Horizon game.

How else am I supposed to calculate nipple circumference? :ajsmug:

I leave such estimates of Blackjacks person to other minds

I’m running one in GURPS for my friends right now. It’s a pretty good fit since GURPS is designed for modularity. Every character takes the Quadruped meta trait, as well as the Hooves advantage. You can keep the enhanced ground move trait if you want, but I didn’t because I wanted combat to be more strategic. Earth Ponies and Pegasi have to take the No Fine Manipulators disadvantage. Unicorns get to use their levitation magic as though it were a pair of hands. Create a few custom skills to fire guns from the mouth or with a battle saddle. For unarmed combat, GURPS 4th Edition - furries has some brawling/karate techniques specifically designed for hooved quadrupeds.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18