The Conversion Bureau 769 members · 387 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

When I think of conversion, I think of being transformed into a pony like the ones from the show....no human traits at all....well except speaking of course.

https://youtu.be/Nbq6Wfh9fi4?t=185
Yeah no fuck that shit

Edit: timestamps don't work on embedding

More like melting into a sort of pulsing, glowing pod and then bursting out as a pony with goo everywhere.

Something closer to that, though the convert is seldom conscious, because it's not a painless process - and is usually naked due to clothing being sized for a human and frequently becomes a hazard.

That's probably why they do it in a bureau and not just throwing it at people on the street because you need the physical and mental therapy, also anesthesia.

Chatoyance
Group Admin

Apparently, the artist is postulating a virus - 'Eponavirus' - that gradually transforms humans into ponies over the course of days, or months. The images represent people during the lengthy transformation process. Other art on their page offer medical reports on the process:

oh? looks interesting reminds me of a comic where twilight does an experiment with the mirror and turns the entire human population into their pony counterparts

I'm traumatized. Once again I can see why they do it in bureaus
I'm sorry what

I think of New Whelps, New Kittens, New Pups, New Griffs, New Nymphs, for starters.

Chatoyance
Group Admin

As a person who has actually shapeshifted - I am a transsexual woman, who went through full transition - the art for the ponid virus transformation is relatable. It took a full year for the effects of hormones to change my body dramatically, and a second year to finish the job well - and even after that, I kept progressing in minor ways for the next several years. I was fascinated by the process - it really is quite incredible to literally shapeshift - and I kept records. I measured my progress. I studied how I changed, and in what ways.

Just like that picture of a Lyra-In-progress, there was definitely a gruesome 'halfway' stage for me. A state where the hormones had only transformed my body halfway - I looked neither fish nor fowl. I got spit on when I rode the bus, and constantly mocked and insulted. I was very, very, very fortunate, and nobody stabbed or beat me. I was, though, very, very careful, and kept to myself except for having to go to work. I did nothing. I went nowhere. I knew bigots would hurt a person like me, so I was scared enough to hide as much as I possibly could. It was very rough, though, having to buy groceries, for instance. There were days I just went hungry, rather than face the assholes at the closest market. Transition would be a miracle of wonder if it weren't for evil human assholes. Which, as I found, is apparently most people (sadly).

That said, being inside a body going through changes - desired changes - of such a profound nature was (if you ignore humanity) just glorious. Every day, my skin would change a little more. The roughness would leave, the skin would become smoother and softer everywhere. I really noticed it on my hands and arms, though. Any hair on my body began to vanish. It left my arms, my legs, everywhere. And of course breasts grew, and that was very fascinating. Hips too - not the skeleton, but the way the body distributed fat and muscle was utterly different. The entire shape of my body changed.

But what I remember most fondly was how it all affected my senses. I could taste the estrogen in my blood. It made my mouth taste sweet, sort of. It changed my body odor completely - I had no idea how much hormones affect body odor. It affected my perception of color - color appeared brighter than before. My sense of smell improved. And my sense of touch did too, just a bit.

I lost things too - quite a lot of muscle strength, especially in the upper body. It wasn't a big deal to me, but I note it.

I can relate to that proto-Lyra in that picture. I was her, once. Checking my body, watching the changes, being utterly amazed (and delighted!). Shapeshifting in real life feels great. It feels fantastic. Like being made new.

failed to correct auto correct basically mentioned a comic

neat! to be honest, I see souls not bodies judgment is not construed from appearance but rather by behavior

Chatoyance
Group Admin

Goddess, how I prayed for it to be like that.

And roll out!

7445759 Edit: You can't steal garbage. Had to tone down the vehemence, but I see little to nothing worthwhile about humanity on the best of days.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18