Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
THeroes Never Die
The story of why this random human is the most diehard Shimmerist of all.
Shimmerist Ari · 78k words  ·  49  12 · 652 views

In the initial chapter, we learn our protagonist is physically handicapped with birth defects:

Ari took her hands out of her pockets and held them up in plain view.

“My hands are already hideously crippled!” Ari shouted up at him.

The pony took one look at her hands and gave Ari that all too familiar ‘I’m completely disgusted but I’m trying to be polite and not say that out loud’ look.

Ari had been born that way, a certain condition that effected her joints, mostly her hands.

Her fingers had all been gnarled up and fused together before she was even born, then the muscle tissue around those calcified. The result was something not too dissimilar into a hand turning into a hoof, the main difference being simply that it was more disgusting in appearance.

Both of them were these twisted, knotted up lumps of flesh an nails. Not even the nails jutting out at random parts looked right, even those were misshapen and way too large. None of her fingers were mobile, being calcified and whatnot, save one. Only her left ring finger could move up and down and that was too weak to grip anything for more than a minute or two.

Several chapters later, she gets into trouble on social media:

<Your hand looks like it was generated by one of those art AIs.

Oh no!

That last comment wasn’t from a pony! It wasn’t anyone who followed her either! It was happening!

Ari shouldn’t have posted that one picture showing her right hand! What if she got doxed?! What if she got fired for this?!

7860564 That deserves a clap.

Samey90
Group Admin

Ah, it's that TCB/Wild Cards kinda fic. Seems that it's still alive.

Actually the cover art is AI generated. I made a bunch of pics of Ari with AI. That was the inspiration for her disability and the meta reason for the joke.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5