AI art group 43 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Lemme be clear, I'm not talking about AI generated text in any way, I know that's against site rules and I'm not challenging that here. However, an image cover is something different. Optional, but can really help draw people into checking out a story. As far as I know, the only rules against cover images is that they must not be NSFW.

I almost feel like doing this and saying the cover is AI generated would just cause heat including downvotes on the entire story without taking into account anything else. Or worse, comments focused on just how AI was used to generate the cover. People might call it lazy and wonder if the story itself was also AI generated. I know I'm focused on bad situations here, but people seem to be against AI in almost every way. This isn't an art website focused on people's drawing skills. I think the doom and gloom over AI is quite overblown as if there could never ever be any positive uses for AI. I know this group will be a lot more open minded about this.

Has anyone here used AI generated covers before, or know someone that does? Although at the rate I create new stories, I doubt I'll have to worry about this for a while in terms of my own writing.

7960214 You worry for nothing.

Look, this cover art is AI-generated, and the rating is perfectly fine.

TSweetie Bot annoys Sunny
A century has passed, but the immortal Sunny Starscout still fights for harmony.
Bad Dragon · 4.9k words  ·  41  8 · 749 views

I almost feel like doing this and saying the cover is AI generated would just cause heat including downvotes on the entire story without taking into account anything else. Or worse, comments focused on just how AI was used to generate the cover. People might call it lazy and wonder if the story itself was also AI generated.

I haven't seen that using an AI generated image as cover art necessarily has much effect on the story's rating.

I would AVOID bragging about how 'wonderful' 'AI art' is. In fact, I wouldn't even necessarily call it 'art,' since calling it 'art' is controversial.

I also would prefer not to use a really big version of the image. Maybe you can downscale it to be smallish.

I HAVE seen one person who seems to think that stories with AI cover images are more likely to be written by AI too, but I don't think that's a general trend.

Also, if you're specific about how the image was generated or sourced...by what kind of software and/or website...at least a few of the people who know NOTHING about 'AI art' won't even understand that it came from an AI.
:trollestia:

Sure seems fine at least.

I chose my wording very carefully to not call it AI [generated] art or writing. I do call it AI generated images and AI generated text. But I do suspect if I named a specific source where I AI generated an image from, most would not know what they source is or even bother to investigate.

Come to think of it, I believe there are YouTube channels with AI generated images for thumbnails and I haven't seen anyone say anything about those.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

In some cases, saying who generated it might be more appropriate then the website or software, too, especially if more effort then typing in a prompt was involved.

In the case of Bad Dragon's cover art, that'd be me, and I actually generated two completely different pictures, copied Sunny from one to the other, and did a lot of inpainting to get them to work well together and get the details where I wanted them, including a few more trips to Clip Studio Paint.

AI generated doesn't necessarily mean the computer did everything... :unsuresweetie:

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6