In General 585 members · 3,886 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Arthor2017
Group Admin

Somehow I'm dissapointed but not surprised at the same time.

It was pretty good though

Arthor2017
Group Admin

I haven't seen it yet tough the box office discourages me. It's like if someone prepares 24/7 for a test and still fails at it.

Also, Warner Bros. never stated if this film was supposed to be a sequel or a reboot.

Well, bombed is the wrong term here, considering there is still a pandemic going on, and the film simultaneously released on streaming platforms. With the market as it is, it did pretty well. Unlike previous years, box office success has little to say whether a movie is liked by the audience or if it is a success or failure. Big numbers were never a possibility. Even Infinity Wars or Endgame would have tanked if they were released at this time and with a simultaneous streaming release.

The movie itself was excellent. It wasn't Guardians of the Galaxy, but it was a really good and fun watch.

Someone once got really mad at me for comparing DC fans to sonic the hedgehog fans and connecting this video:
You only have to watch like the first minute.
I get accused of being a marvel fanboy a lot, but honestly I have no strong feelings about comics at all. I was poor and didn't get stuff that was required to be bought consistently to be properly enjoyed growing up. The mcu is just objective better than the dceu. They really need to follow several critics advice and go back to formula. Try making good movies without the burden of the continuity they've screwed up so far.

I hate Harley Quinn in general, oh my gosh why is she soooo popular.

And stop making her out to be a good person, she is a terrible terrible person!

Arthor2017
Group Admin

Um, I must recall Wonder Woman 1984, Tenet, Raya and the Last Dragon and Godzilla vs Kong were also released during the pandemic and did great guring the first weeks at box office.

Wonder Woman got almost 17mil in its opening weekend compared to The Suicide's Squad 26mil. Wonder Woman did make about 46mil in domestic total, but that's from December 25 to April 15, a period of almost FOUR months. And it also got a LOT more advertised.

Yet... Wonder Woman did great but the Suicide Squad bombed despite having a much stronger opening week and following at the heels of a bad movie unlike Wonder Woman?

And don't forget that now more people have the option to stream the film compared to when Wonder Woman 1984 released, which of course changes reception in cinemas.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9