Hall of Contests [SFW] 173 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Hello! After over four years of monthly contests, I'm actually doing some advertising. Go me. :derpyderp2:

Squeezing a story into 150 words is a tough ask, but it's what Flashfic 150 (FF150) is all about.

It's kept very simple and informal, deliberately so. On the 1st of each month, a prompt is posted, chosen by the previous contest's winner. (They are ineligible to win that month.) Everyone then has 21 days to write a story of no more than 150 words inspired by that prompt.

You can read the full rules here, but the big ones (other than the word limit) are G4 stories only, no M-rated stories and no non-MLP crossovers.

When time's up, I read the stories and judge them. During the few days I'm doing that, anyone (whether they've entered or not) can post feedback on the stories submitted. Actual grading is strongly discouraged; descriptive comments are what we're about.

Then I announce the winner, who gets... well, nothing, beyond some very minor glory and the chance to choose the next prompt. That's the point: keeping Actual Prizes off the table is a deliberate decision.

You'll always find a link to the current contest on the front page of the Flashfic group. If you're interested, you'll be very welcome! :twilightsmile:

Secret Moon
Group Admin

April contest now open! Prompt: The Haunting.

The April contest is closed (currently in judging) but the May will open soon (very early in May.)

Secret Moon
Group Admin

Less than 3 days remaining to write 15-150 words if you wish to win the flash fiction contest:
https://www.fimfiction.net/group/212112/flashfic/thread/505616/flashfic-150-november-2022-skintight-bodysuit

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6