Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Reactception
Group Admin

Story Theme:
Our favorite girl Sunset Shimmer runs into or meets up with her Ex (insert villain here) and they discuss reconciliation, why they broke up, or just generally catch up. It’s really up to the writer what they want to do with this unique prompt!!!

Stories should be first posted/published between tomorrow February 14th/Valentines day 2023 to March 5th 2023 until midnight. Time zone: United States eastern.

Any length is appreciated, wanna short 1K-3K thing? Go for it. Got that epic you've finished but never uploaded? That’s pretty dope too.

SFW only please.

We made a folder in this group to put your entries in BEFORE THE DEADLINE!

If this is your first story ever on fimfiction.net and you're having trouble publishing it on this website, please send a link with view password to Reactception. Message me if you have questions about that.

Please include a link to the contest in your story description.

Judges:
Reactception: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/425344/Reactception

Luminous Comet:
https://www.fimfiction.net/user/510706/Luminous+Comet

The Prizes

1st Place:

• The story will be on the page description for two weeks, and the winner will get to choose the next Sunset x EG Villain competition (can’t be the same one). If they want to, they can co-judge for that competition. But if they don’t want to co-judge, they can of course compete again.

2nd Place:

• The story will get an honorable mention on the group description.
  • The winner will get a review of one of their stories (their choice) by Reactception.

3rd Place:

• The story submitted will be reviewed by Reactception.

Link to the folder for the competition:
https://www.fimfiction.net/group/215660/folder/79514/sunset-x-former-relationships-february-14-valentines-2023-to-march-5th-2023

Oh my god, this competition is perfect for me since I have MULTIPLE ideas surrounding this. I'm sorry I didn't participate in the last two competitions even when I said I would. I've been really busy. :twilightsheepish:

With this competition, it has to be a story you haven't published before, right? I already have a completed story that's like this that I published around a year ago, so I was just wondering. If so, I still have lots of stories involving Sunset falling in love with an ex~ :twilightsmile: If I write a whole new story though, it may be pretty short since I'm actually going to Japan in the middle of this competition.

Reactception
Group Admin

As great as I’m sure you’re previous stories are unfortunately it has to be new or unpublished as if the starting date

Understandable~ :twilightsmile: I will definitely see if I can cook something up around my trip to Japan~

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

What happens if I write an OC villain and ship with them? Is that considered...less positively?
:trollestia:

The OC probably won't be a self-insert. :moustache:

Pretty sure the rules dictate that a ‘villain’ is a character actually from the shows or movies that has directly opposed the main heroes.

Reactception
Group Admin

Has to be canon to the comics, shows, movies, or games as per the rules

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

I have to get a job with Hasbro quick so I can canonize my OC! :trollestia:

Does Sci-Twi/Midnight Sparkle count as a villain for the purposes of this contest?

Comment posted by Reactception deleted Feb 23rd, 2023
Mockingbirb
Group Admin

When you realize, or just admit, that your unusual shipping contest CAN BE just a Sunlight contest. :rainbowlaugh:

But seriously, a post-breakup Sunlight story contest is still a good contest idea, if you don't mind that it might be more challenging than a generic Sunlight story contest. :twilightsmile:

Reactception
Group Admin

To be fair I think this site has more Sunlight stories then almost any other ship :rainbowlaugh:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14