Free Speech Group 72 members · 71 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Leondude
Group Admin

I do not give a fuck about the war between Russia and Ukraine.

Okay, slight exaggeration since there is one element that annoys me (that being the sanctions that are punishing Russian citizens for their leader's actions, as Bendy explained in this thread) but that's more to do with how people are reacting to the conflict rather than the conflict itself. As for people dying in Ukraine or the possibility that Ukraine will fall to Putin? I don't care. It's war. That's what happens in war. I think Jim Moriarty sums up my thoughts on people making a big fuss about the whole thing:

I admit, using that clip is not gonna paint a good picture of me but I did say this was gonna be controversial so...:twilightsmile:

In fact, the one thing I'm most concerned about is that there will be a solar flare in September that will take down the Internet and even then, I'm not sure that's a certainty (which honestly makes it even more frightening).

That said, if Russia does decide to nuke the UK after he's done with Ukraine, I will be willing to change my tune about the whole situation.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

if Russia does decide to nuke the UK after he's done with Ukraine, I will be willing to change my tune about the whole situation.

Willing, perhaps. Capable, no.

Ash can't change its mind.

Leondude
Group Admin

True but that honestly depends where in the UK Putin would want to nuke, assuming he would have any reason to do so in the future.

Even though I would perish along with everyone else, could you imagine how funny it would be if he nuked a small town in Wales and "Bridgend" suddenly became shorthand for nuclear attacks on par with Hiroshima? :rainbowlaugh:

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7665772 It doesn't really matter where it hits. One nuke prompts other nukes to launch. It only takes 100 nukes to destroy humanity, and we have thousands of them.

you pretend as if it would be only one bomb or as if nucler winter wouldnt happen

this and alot of people forget they can just nuke farmland too,

its not really about the peppole getting killed instantly, its about the aftermath in thag society as we know it would cease to exist the luxery everyone had enjoyed will be gone, nuclear winter and honestly i believe billions more will starve

Wild Zontars
Group Admin

society as we know it would cease to exist the luxery everyone had enjoyed will be gone

My friend, that ship has already sailed.

and you dont think nukes would accelerate that?

Wild Zontars
Group Admin

Oh, don't get me wrong, I want all the nukes to stay in their silos where they belong, and I think NATO should stay out of the war unless/until Russia picks a fight with a NATO country.

That said, the "sanctions" (nearly economic total war, IMO) are breaking the global economy, and creating a new world where you've got two economic zones: NATO and friends (aka the "Global American Empire") on one side, and everyone else led by BRICS on the other.

The GAE will wreck its own economy and become much weaker. BRICS will get hurt, but they can survive just fine by trading with each other, so they'll suck it up and carry on, knowing they're hurting the GAE just by existing. The rest of the world will do business with BRICS or literally starve in the dark.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8