The Insane Creators Guild 639 members · 2,221 stories
Comments ( 264 )
  • Viewing 251 - 300 of 264

You know I think that it is really scary that a good number of people on this group sees their view point as fact? Since when have our opinions have been distorted into facts?

GivingSpider
Group Contributor

About the same time Freedom of Speech became Freedom from Accountability.

That’s unfortunate and what is scary too is that there are lots of people who think that freedom of speech also means freedom from accountability.

Adan Druego
Group Contributor

Note: This is not said with malice, hate nor anger, but rather complete apathy.

You have mentioned "Your Facts" in a few of your comments before, however some of the people here consider "Your Facts" to simply be your opinions. You've stated before that you have mental/emotional issues, which is probably the reason you seem to view the interaction between yourself and others as you apparently do.

Note: I think your profile picture of Sunny Starscount is very cute.

Why thanks. Eh not exactly. A lot of the times when I throw them my facts the other does not want to hear it and you have seen the arguments with me and GoldStar it is like talking to a brick wall because no matter how many times I throw the facts at her, she just can’t seem to except the possibility and it was the same with other people too. It felt like they were dismissive of me so because of that I began listening to those type of people less because it sounded like they did not care and do not want to accept the possibility. What frusterated me too is that when I give my opinion they think I am pro company and when I try to move on they pull me back in. The people I argue with have this the media is attacking me mentality and I find it really, really annoying. I can handle other views just fine as long as you consider mine as a possibility and I do not handle the media is attacking me mentality at all nor will I ever understand it. It seems like an overreaction of anything.

EarthbendingProdigy
Group Contributor

7960073 Accountability is unfortunetely often code for "I have the right to ruin your life because I don't like what you said." There are horrible people that are so certain they are correct that think everyone is the devil incarnate and deserve to be cancelled. Everything is being politicized and it is making society worse rather than better.

GivingSpider
Group Contributor

Oh yeah, fake virtue signaling is a thing too…

People are just way, way too sensitive these days

Goldstar
Group Contributor

That's effectively the case with her. It's not so much that I'm completely unmovable in my views, it's just that she hasn't said anything that gets me to really think. It mostly comes down to a battle of opinions. She's quite guilty of being very dismissive as she accuses others of doing. It's been a very deep rabbit hole with this lately. I'm not even looking to start fights so I'll spare linking to numerous posts I took issue with. But I will say she posted a couple of threads attempting to clarify her viewpoints and now they're both deleted. It seems like nothing will change in that regard.

It could turn out I'm wrong about all the stuff I posted here lately, especially depending who you ask. I don't just pull those views out of nowhere or decide that I want to go against the grain for the hell of it.

And yes I'm indirectly replying to her latest post here which directly names me. I should note that her and I are both autistic, although that kind of thing can very how it affects people. I've no idea of her age, but I'm 36 and I'm not quite the same person I am now compared to say, being 25. I probably gotten better at handling these things, or worse.

Yup. It only seems to be getting worse as well. And I'll hold any extremism group and positions as bad, Left, Right, whatever. Although it mostly seems to be the Left these days attempting to cancel people and ruin their lives. It's usually the same thing too. Dish it out but can't take it. They want to change the world, but break down when someone as much as not agree with them on everything. They get real ban happy and avoid any actual debates, perhaps because they know they'll lose.

"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."

I guess that's not inclusive enough nowadays. And cancelled.

I can't stand that. I swear people are softer than ever, unable to deal with any real hardships. When it's super easy to block anyone you disagree with online, it just reinforces a echo chamber. I'm not saying the ability to block people should be removed, but it certainly has negative consequences. The amount of times on other websites I dealt with people who disagreed with me and then flee after some replies, sometimes looking like crybabies in the process. Yes that's harsh and strong wording, but I'm tired of adult babies who can't handle people disagreeing with them on just about anything without dishing it but not being able to take it.

Comment posted by AnimeFan419 deleted April 23rd

Apparently there are certain people who think I am dismissive, no that is not the case. I just do not agree not dismissive and the reason why I delayed it was because of unnecessary drama. I do not like being, accused that is all. Apparently people think not agreeing means dismissive. Ok weird logic. To me that just sounds like any other view you do not like. I never said no to your views but what I was just saying that was not corruption. Corruption means being dishonest financially with government ties but you seem to take it as any business decision you do not like. I just think it is just being thrown around these days just people it is popular to accuse a company while there are real world examples. A thing like decommissioning a game is not corruption because they were honest from the start and I feel that people who are complaining about it now has never read the contract just like how people over at DA are complaining how their art is being taken down. It sounds to me that we just need to communicate better and I hate to sound rude but yes it does feel to me at least that you and several others seem unshakable sometimes.

Goldstar
Group Contributor

There's nothing more I can say I haven't already said on the dismissive issue and I'm still going to stand by that's how you come off to me. You had two threads attempting to explain yourself, both deleted, I'm guessing by your hands? I'm more than ready to move on from this, but I could post another news or opinion thread, then you'll come in and say the news is wrong simply because you don't like it.

I never said no to your views but what I was just saying that was not corruption. Corruption means being dishonest financially with government ties but you seem to take it as any business decision you do not like.

Just like censorship, people don't use just one meaning of such words anymore. Yes, it is in fact something people do call corrupt, business decisions they don't like. The world doesn't work as people ever only using words exactly as defined. You seem hell bent on defending Ubisoft's decisions. Fine, but the be prepared to be called out for it. It's like you won't accept people calling things corrupt. You don't get to control what people call things or how they react to them. It's not like everyone decided out of nowhere, hey, let's pick on Ubisoft. No, they have reasons for calling such companies corrupt. If you don't like people's opinions on them, that's just too bad. And it's also too bad if you don't like people being negative about products and media they do not like. It's human nature. That's not to say that automatically makes it good or okay, but you seem unaware of this.

A thing like decommissioning a game is not corruption because they were honest from the start and I feel that people who are complaining about it now has never read the contract just like how people over at DA are complaining how their art is being taken down.

And here's where you're wrong again. Ubisoft didn't say back in 2014, that they'll shut down The Crew in 2024. And this is why you get accused of defending such companies. Your angle went from "it's not gone, it's coming back!" to "they're justified in removing the game because people didn't read the fine print." Have you not put yourself in other people's shoes? How would you feel if a game you really enjoy just got taken away from you one day? Are you really going to accept the "it was part of the fine print" argument? Even if they're legally in the right to do this (which they might not be), they're certainly not in the ethical or moral rights to do so. Yes, I know I'm giving an objective opinion on subjective terms. Well, that's the other thing people do a lot. Do I really need to put IMO before giving any opinion or viewpoint? Ubisoft only told people a while ago that the game will be delisted from sale and shut down.

It sounds to me that we just need to communicate better and I hate to sound rude but yes it does feel to me at least that you and several others seem unshakable sometimes.

And you're not unshakable? I was honestly hoping you'll give up this group entirely after those threads you deleted because talking with you goes almost nowhere and it always goes in circles. I just don't have the patience for this anymore. Of course, it's not my place if you stay in the group or not, that isn't what I'm saying, but I am saying I'm beyond tired of dealing with this which is why I cut it off at other points. Perhaps I just need to go further and pretend you don't exist if it means me being healthier. It's plenty clear to me you'll never truly listen no matter how many people point out the same issues. I'm not saying I'm perfect, that everyone in this group always agrees with me, but it's only with you do I find this much blowback.

It didn’t seem like it to me because you still kept calling me dismissive and I have moved on but then you had to bring me up. Yes it sucks that a game is removed but at the same time they shouldn’t call a company corrupt simply because they do not like what they did. They are an independent company and like it or not hey can do whatever they want. That is why we should appreciate it while it is still there. I just do not feel sorry because they do not appreciate it until it is gone. It has been a trend a trend lately. I understand the feeling but I do not feel sorry because of that trend if that makes sense. I feel that it is an overreaction to call the move corrupt too. You read my mind because it feels the same way with you and I tried to see where you were coming from, honestly I did but you kept dismissing my point of view and said that I was being used by the toxic left. I said I have seen the toxic left and wanting to be depicted as normal is not apart of the toxic left. I get that there are crazies and as I said to you thousands of times they are a vocal minority. I feel that it is true with a lot of people. I feel that the camera just loves to point at the loudest and craziest and no I am not giving up the site whether you like it or not. I just think that what you do not get is that most lefties aren’t Just Stop Oil or That Vegan Teacher. Most modern gaming require the internet and most are connected to a server and going back to my previous statement, the game was probably not popular or the server was just too old and was on its’ last legs.

Goldstar
Group Contributor

Yes it sucks that a game is removed but at the same time they shouldn’t call a company corrupt simply because they do not like what they did.

Too bad.

They are an independent company and like it or not hey can do whatever they want.

Legally I'm not entirely sure. You realize by this same logic, people can also say whatever they want about them? What do you not get about that? They do stuff, people react, sometimes negatively.

I feel that it is an overreaction to call the move corrupt too.

Too bad. Seriously, too fucking bad that you don't like people calling the company corrupt over it. Accept the fact that people feel this way, or not, up to you. You don't get to control how people feel about things. I think Ubisoft is a corrupt company over moves like this. They also said shit like people get should used to not owning their games which I also think is stupid of them. Furthermore, I think one of their latest games, Skull and Bones, is so laughable for a so-called "AAAA" game that looks like such a bare bones pirate game that you can't even directly engage in person to person combat.

You read my mind because it feels the same way with you and I tried to see where you were coming from, honestly I did but you kept dismissing my point of view and said that I was being used by the toxic left.

Alright, so you clearly don't like your point of view being dismissed. Let's carry on...

I get that there are crazies and as I said to you thousands of times they are a vocal minority.

And there we go. There's the dismissive viewpoint. "It's just the vocal minority." It's right there. That's the dismissing part. I'm not posting another 2k word essay on this.

Most modern gaming require the internet and most are connected to a server and going back to my previous statement, the game was probably not popular or the server was just too old and was on its’ last legs.

Yet another statement without proof. No proof, no reason for me to consider this seriously. If you say stuff like this without proof, you will be dismissed, I don't care how much you dislike that or complain about it. So here's something. If you don't want to be dismissed, don't say stuff like that without backing it up. Yet it seems like you don't understand that your gut feelings are not worth. Either you find proof that the game was shut down due to being unpopular or the server being too old or I will never take your statements on this seriously.

And also it really doesn't help when you delete your threads where you attempt to explain yourself, it looks like you can't handle negative feedback which will not do you any favors. As has been said by other people, you really need to grow thicker skin. I deal with transphobia including death threats. I deal with people being complete assholes to me for no real reasons just because they can.

One way to make this stop is to stop talking about this which I'm fixing to do the same.

Raven Blackwood
Group Contributor

Can someone here please explain to me what the Great Reset is? And this also includes a very annoying saying that keeps sprouting up nowadays called, "You will owe nothing and be happy" where it's some nutcase conspiracy theorists taking stuff out of context?

• Viewing 251 - 300 of 264