Cinematic Adventures 245 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 120 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 120
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I can’t believe it took me this long to realize that we didn’t start a thread on this specific topic.

Who is the Benefactor?

So far:

1. They have the power to free Queen Chrysalis, Tirek, and Cozy Glow from suspended animation.
  2. They can open up portals, to travel to other worlds.
  3. They shoot lightnings, like a Sith.
  4. They’re acquainted with Voldemort.

How many supervillains do we know with that kind of power?

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

If I had to guess I would say he came from the world of Harry Potter who can shape shift

Lord Vortech?

Postwarmonkey50
Group Admin

It's a good question really. Never even thought about that.

i have three guesses, Xemnas, Plapatine and Ganon

Grogar but real and advanced superpowers

Who says it's a "he", though?...The Benefactor could be a "she".

Maybe he is like the Watcher from What if...?
Who knows really.

Are you sure that The Benefactor is "only one supervillain"? How do we know that there aren't several villains who try to pretend to be one?

Some kind of collective entity merged into one form.

Maybe it's a creation of the multiverse the moment Twilight found the TV

I'm guessing it's someone who is familiar with Celestia and her son. Someone from their past, perhaps?

I still think the Benefactor could be a she. Not a he.

Maybe they’re pansexual…

That would imply sexual orientation, not gender. The correct term would be non-binary.

Then that is what I meant.

(Cuts to Me obsessed looking for who's the Benefactor with black bags under my eyes)
Me: Emperor Palpatine, he shoots lightnings and is a Sith. but he isn't acquainted with Voldemort, open portals or bring people to life. Thanos can be open up portals, to travel to other worlds and shoots lightnings but he isn't acquainted with Voldy nor bring people to life.
So, Who is the Benefactor?! What do these clues mean, What do they mean?! WHAT DO THEY MEAAAAN?! (laughs hysterically)

Dr. Forrester: I'll get you all for this, just wait 'til turkey day 2021, Push the button frank.
TV's Frank: Live to serve you.
(Hits the button to end the signal but not before I scream the final word.)

Me: WHO IS THE BENEFACTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRR!!!!!!

(I did a MST3K Inspired Scene and a reference to the final sketch from MST3K 419 - The Rebel Set cause I'm going insane of who's the Benefactor is.)

This group needs more references of this show in this group, given the format with the main cast going into some cheesy and beloved movies, the ponies at home going to a theater with wacky and supportive riffing and hilarious hi-jinx from the bosses, audience and staff trying to manage the experience.

(Echoing) "Who is Merritt Stone!?"

Classic episode.

they could be someone from luna and celstia past

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Course we'd have to bear in mind we never specified the gender surrounding the 'Benefactor'. Hence their use of the word 'they' and 'we' and such. It's meant to add to the mystery.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Duly noted. Grammars fixed.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

No problem. Just needed to make sure our fans are not greatly confused or jumping into the wrong assumptions.

Current members of the Dark Orden:

1) Chrysalis
2) Lord Tirek
3) Cozy Clow
4) King Sombra
5) The Dazzling
6) Demeitra
7) Darth Andromedis

Who will be next on the list?

Norman Osborn? Kingpin? Jonah Jameson? (Please let it be Jameson)

I know he's not in a movie, but he might go after Bill Cipher.

Chucky, Stalin, Megatron
Eric Cartman, Donkey Kong
Vader, Nader, Simon Legree
Terminators 1, 2 and 3
Iago, Joker, Voldemort
McEnroe on center court
Mr. Burns and Skeletor,
Keep your good guys, what a snore!

When it's your head they wanna sever,
And your blood they wanna shed,
You know you're gonna live forever,
If everybody wants you dead.
So listen up because I've given,
The best advice you'll ever know.
So feel the thrill, I know you will,
It's a high to be loathed!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Who knows how big The Benefactor's army is going to be? The Benefactor certainly knows how to pick them.

Still thinking we have something along the lines of a hive mind. Like a collective of a lot of creatures in one body.

I think it’s Grogar

My guess: Darkseid.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It's a strong possibility. The Benefactor does not specify itself as one gender of sorts. It often refers to itself as them/they, a plural that could mean it could very much be any creature or perhaps more than one. Whomever this Benefactor is, they are determined to keep their identity a secret until the right time.

If it’s Darkseid then thumbs up because in the request forum one of my requests was the mane 6 and spike and some of their friends go on a adventure in the DC Movies made by Zack Snyder, you know Man of Steel, Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition and Zack Snyder’s Justice League or if it’s the other Darkseid from the DCAU, the animated shows by Bruce Timm that would be awesome too.

Shouldn't it be bigger than Tirek if the Benefactor was Darkseid?

Well, the MCU is off the table, I assume Loki or Thanos are also out as suspects.

Maybe it's just having a Stephen King story going, but I'm considering Randall Flagg as a possibility.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The Mysterious Benefactor are a powerful force to be reckon with. No one knows who or what they are, but they are most certainly not to cross.

Randell Flagg that’s a interesting possibility.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You'd think it would be Randall Flagg, but that would be too easy.

Yes...but now we need to figure out the identity of another villain: the power behind the benefactor, the "Dark One"~

Wiseman from Sailor Moon

My guess for the Benefactor's identity, if possible: Gozer.

Holy crap!
That actually makes a lot of sense!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Too bad we cannot give away their identities so easily. It would spoil the ride upon doing so.

Maybe Black Hat from Villainous is the mysterious benefactor.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

One big question: Does Black Hat use the pronouns 'we' whenever he talks? Indicating that he's not just a man, but that the overall gender of the character is limitless. Otherwise, Black Hat would be 'so' easy to assume is the Benefactor... but honestly that sounds 'too' easy.

Good point it’s because I think the benefactor is some kind of demon.

In addition Black Hat does not receive orders from anyone he gives the orders yourself you should know

Comment posted by HunterJohnson deleted Mar 19th, 2022
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 120