• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Story by Jeremy Whitley

Art by Andy Price

Colors by Heather Breckel

Letters by Neil Uyetake

Edits by Riley Farmer

Again, the irony is that everything inconsistent between the comics and the show was explained literally in a comic.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Yay. Not to mention the ending seemed to showcase a new example of how inconsistent the comics would get.

Which comic was this in??

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

The 10th anniversary edition of the first part of “The Return of Queen Chrysalis”.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

You’re welcome.

I still haven't figured out the name of the story but yeah that's the one and I thought that's actually pretty nice one and also nice call back from the other comics

And this is actally really cute, and fits the goofiness that the comics can have.

What do you mean? Can you explain more on that? Because this actually looks horrible! They completely destroyed their own story without any semblance or reason and it looks like they were just sh*t left and right just there! And why is this horrible artstyle still being used right here? What? Comic artists and writers cannot input the show's artstyle of the show into their comics? Come on! For a 10th anniversary celebration of their comics, They sure have gotten lazy!

What do you mean destroying their own story there's nothing destroyed probably it's just another like one of those breaking the fourth wall type of thing or like one of those meta something whatever you want to call it just for funsies and everything and I don't think they're not trying to destroy it or anything if you think it's way too hard it's not going to be fun for you or anyone else I try not to think too hard on this

Do you think its used here properly man? You say its another one of those fourth wall or meta type things but this is not just the place. And shouldn't that be Pinkie Pie's thing? And even then these fourth wall jokes or being meta should be used in bits and pieces in the middle of an episode or a story like Pinkie Feeling Keen or something like that MLP Movie! The IDW Comic Writers could just flat out explain it themselves what their comic world views are but using Spike as some kind of mouthpiece? What is that about? And why aren't Twilight and the rest of the Mane 6 six? And the biggest insult to his character is Spike writing about Chrysalis and Sombra! What is that about and why are ponies happy about it? Why? Would? Spike? Write? About? Chrysalis and Sombra who literally tried to kill him and his friends? Why would he write them in a positive manner? IE the Comics Mirror World Chapter. Spike hates them, He is literally disgusted by them! This is the biggest detriment to his character!

Maybe that's from his experience so he doesn't leave out details about the adventures they went through is it horrible experience yes especially the bad guys almost trying to kill them yes but that's the whole thing to learn that there are bad ponies and creatures out there who will do harm to anybody and that's what his thoughts is and look maybe they could have used Pinkie Pie since she's like the breaking the fourth wall but it doesn't mean anybody can be meta sometimes

In the last panel, I just noticed what what appears to be the gyroplane from the background of the "Convocation of the Creatures" story.

Except for the part where they make fun of their audience a la "Fame and Misfortune" - never mind that young kids in the original intended demographic for My Little Pony don't buy that many comic books.

Yeah, like I said, I thought that’s a pretty cool one here

And probably that’s the huge problem about huge disconnection between fans and the people of the show Which they don’t get along

A bit off topic, but this comic makes me hate Spike's adult design even more, though they did way better in the final episode.

Wait...Is Spike married in the comics?

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

🤷🏻‍♂️No idea.

So then who's that lady dragon who's with him on the final page?

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

The female dragon’s name is Mina. She appeared in the “Friends Forever” issue featuring Spike and Luna as the main characters, although it’s depiction of a dragon city in Fillydelphia was contradictory to the depicted dragon culture in the show and was further retconned by “Gauntlet of Fire”.

although it’s depiction of a dragon city in Fillydelphia was contradictory to the depicted dragon culture in the show and was further retconned by “Gauntlet of Fire”.

....Ok. So are they a thing or not?

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

I dunno. The comic never gave enough time to really clarify the relationship. At least, to me.

Its the dragon who ran the comic shop in little dragonville in was it Manhattan or fillydelphia. She helped him ease the racial aggressions during that comic. Shes more angular now tho as she was more teenager age then to spikes small boi

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 24