FiM Will Live on FOREVER! 1,282 members · 20,878 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Personally, I haven’t exactly been the most impressed, as it felt like they made the Main Six less unique by cheapening Zecora to a zebra version of Twilight and making original characters similar to the other members. Not so impressed by the announcement that there’s another Tree of Harmony in the Zebra Lands either, which is set to be revealed in the fourth issue.

What do you guys think?

I didn't like how they made different types of zebras.

Good thing the comics aren't canon.

I’ve always wanted to see where Zecora was from, but it just feels like another version of Equestria in a way. Something about the place just doesn’t feel right.

I like the idea of Zecora striving to be the first Zebra to do something different from other zebras, but this was not the culture I expected, and the reason for why she left just doesn’t make sense. She risked her life in a new world entirely, moved into the dangerous everfree, and stayed near a town that feared her... all because she got teased over wanting to learn magic? Which can actually be possible through items like potions in the world itself?

Personally wish it went differently

Another Tree of Harmony?
Say what now?

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Yep. You heard right.

How does that even work?

I'd read it. Zecora is my second favourite not-pony, after all. :raritywink:

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Wish I knew the answer.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

What did you think of it?

7355242 She wasn't just teased. She was bullied both physically and emotionally by the same creatures she previously considered friends.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

What are your thoughts on this, by any chance?

7367168 On the overall comic arc? So far it seems good, this is something we really should've gotten in the show even if Zecora's backstory is kind of similar to Mage Meadowbrook's. It's different enough to not feel like a rehash. Not exactly thrilled with the way they're writing Tempest though, I think they're taking the "Edgy Edgelord" too literally.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Yay. I agree with you on that.

As a matter of fact, Rockhoof and Tempest have hardly been serving much of a meaningful purpose in the story other than to be forms of comic relief. Their presence hasn’t been feeling necessary either considering it’s been more about Applejack and Zecora.

7367824 I imagine Rockhoof and Tempest are going to be useful in combat in the next issue.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15