FiM Will Live on FOREVER! 1,282 members · 20,894 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

What if there was a way to see how your chapters were directly receive. What if authors could see what chapters were the best or worst received, to help them understand and better their work for the audience to enjoy? What if there were a way to give individual chapters in the story? We could keep the overall story rating system, but add chapter ratings so that viewers could see the best and worst rated chapters in the said story. I think there are many advantages to this, but what do you guys think?

So would it be a like/dislike button on each chapter? Or would there be more details readers could leave?

A like/dislike button on every chapter.

That would be awesome. I know a few other people have said kinda the same thing. A Like/Dislike for each chapter of a story, instead of just the story as a whole.

Why the site refuses to do so, I don't understand. Knighty and the others must get this idea thrown at them a lot, and we just don't hear about it.

Well, if enough of us users ask, we would probably get it.

If they don't add it, you can do it yourself. Place a comment at the end of each chapter asking people to like the comment if they liked the chapter.

People have been asking for that for almost ten years now.

Then we won't have to ask for it this year if we work together.

This site is not completely lacking on this department, but this suggestion is definitely an improvement. In fact, when I clicked this message, I hoped it was news that it is in development.

Chapter to chapter review rating would be excellent. At least a like/dislike for each chapter, but even better if someone could click a "1 through 10 scale" system then the website keeps track of all the approval/disapproval ratings and the degree of those ratings. For now, all we got is the comment section, but that hardly keeps track of the ratings and displays it in a graph. Without that feedback, we get a poorer idea of reception. For the moment, the most feedback I'm getting on which chapters are most to least popular is by looking at the views per chapter.

I think something like that would be cool too. It'd help to know what worked and what didn't. So if one chapter has too much dialogue than action, the writer can learn from that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11