The Smoking Tiger Collective 69 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

I'll keep this short.

This collaboration has already sparked the creative minds of a lot of people, and it's sure to deliver on many fantastic stories. While I trust every author to paint a vivid image with small descriptions, I think it would add to the experience to have a couple of drawings of the creatures featured in the anthology.

I had to whip something out quickly to serve as proof of concept.

I will do my best to draw a few of the animals to the best of my abilities. That being said, I'd like to know if there are any amongst you who'd wish to create visual representations of said creatures.

Post opinions and the like.

Cheers! :twilightsmile:

Here's a polished one.

horizon
Group Admin

Oh wow. :D

Thank you so much for stepping up! I love it. This is really going to add to the project, and I hope it inspires other artists as well.

I'll make sure to plug this thread next time I get a chance to blog about the project (which admittedly might take a while, as I'm gone from Thursday to Sunday).

This is amazing.

Also, hey, if you want to try doing one of these in reverse, I'd be game; do a proposal and draw a sketch, and I'll write some words for you.

EDIT: Or even just a sketch, I can come up with a proposal from the picture.

I'll think about it. There's certainly enough stuff in my head that I could use for creature concept art. I'll give it a shot before the week is over.
Also:

Oreimonautilus

Aragon
Group Admin

You know when you groan, and then you mutter 'I hate this', and then you click 'like' without hesitation?

Yeh. That. God dammit, Zaid.

No need to be so tsundere about it. :ajsmug:

I found this in one of my notebooks.
You could always imagine it with the face of a horse.

Another polished one:

imgur.com/17ZqYxN.jpg

Oh. Oh that is neat. Different from what was in my head, but still really, really good.

I originally wanted to arrange a set of lillies to form the face of a tiger. It proved to be complicated.
This was a second attempt, and I liked how it turned out, all things considered.
Also:

Tiger Tank Lillies

I didn't mean to make another joke, but this sort of happened.

Hey, that's cool! Hopefully it'll do well.

I made a new one.

It's on Youtube because I didn't know where else to host the animation and I'm 2dumb4GIF.

You're doing Celestia's work. That's some stellar artwork you've done so far, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what else you create.

Just kinda as an FYI, if somebody wants to pitch a critter or two at me, I wouldn't mind at least sketching a couple. I just am not in the right place energy-wise to write anything for this, and this style of writing is not really my forte either, but creature art is always fun.

I could draw a couple ;)

I'm back with cover art.
You could always just choose one creature at random and draw that. It's what I did.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17