Warriors of Jesus 125 members · 252 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Whenever I look at the Bible, I find that no other book and source of info has as much certainty, nor as much validity as the Bible. When you look at it, you find that everything it says brings up more explanation & point than anything else. Examples especially being why there’s so much evil in the world; why there’s so much hate, misery, death, destruction, and chaos.

A person who doesn’t believe it to be the key or answer to everything is obviously a man who has barely quenched satisfaction and contentment.

The problem with anything opposing the Bible, such as books that teach evolution and environmentalist views, is that they destroy our identities, as well as take away what makes mankind so unique. What our identities are and what makes us so unique, is that we are the Children and Servants of God, we are all made with a purpose, and we are made in His very image.

Without God...without Jesus...and without the Bible...mankind would be nothing. Everything would be nothing.

People have been telling me of course that the Bible would often get mistranslated or modified. But, if there’s one thing I know, when you translate the Bible from several different languages such as English and German, you’ll find that they all say the same thing. Another, is that if it was modified, you could tell right away exactly what God wants to teach us and what a Man has put in for his own selfish reasons.

Every one of this of course is based strongly on what I think (all of which is true, at least to me and other people I know such as my family). If anyone has a problem with what I have to say, or just wants to voice what you think...please. Please, speak up.

Godslittleprincess
Group Contributor

I actually feel the same way. Whew! I guess I'm not crazy. :twilightsmile: Well, if I am, at least I know other people who are the same kind of crazy as I am. :rainbowlaugh:

an archangel probably put those words in your mouth!:scootangel::scootangel:

I absolutely agree with everything you've said here brother.

I agree with that. Every living thing in the universe including humans is God's creation. He created bacteria, he created fish, he created dinosaurs (such as birds), he created mammals, he created humans and all sorts of creatures. And, yes, Evolution isn't part of the bible because it's just a theory, not a fact (sorry, Charles Darwin); but environmentalism isn't just saving the animals, but saving ourselves from extinction. I mean, we farm animals for food, but we don't have to kill wild animals, unless we do for food sometimes (and, no, poaching is not okay). And also, since Jurassic Park has inaccuracies, we can't create animals because that's Playing God; every sentient being including humans requires a soul. In order to create a sentient animal, they need a soul, that controls its physical form, which is impossible for mortal beings.

The problem with anything opposing the Bible, such as books that teach evolution and environmentalist views

...if there is an established belief that this world was created by God, then aren't we obligated to respect it?
How is this concept destructive to our collective identity? Honestly; that came off as a 'Conservative anti-Liberal' jab just for the sake of having one. :applejackunsure:

Another, is that if it was modified, you could tell right away exactly what God wants to teach us and what a Man has put in for his own selfish reasons.

Actually, I must respectfully disagree.
There are literally hundreds of old texts and such that are not considered canonical to the Bible; because a few people elected not to include them. Who is to say that the parts left out are not as equally valid as what was left in?
And that's not even accounting for what was lost when Rome once regarded Christianity as a dangerous cult. :pinkiesad2:

The lack of accounting for this missing information is proof to me that we cannot tell right away what the Divine intended and what early humans wanted.

And it is because of this; that I feel I need my faith.
Not because of what the Bible has; but because of what it doesn't have.

Besides, if truly all the answers were readily avalibly; then what further purpose does life have? :derpytongue2:
Blessed be

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

I think you’re missing the whole point, really.

Ah:twilightblush:
Then may I ask what the point was?

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

The point is that, no matter what, the Word of God still stands tall, and it’s still among the very best that’s come into this world.

I feel that this point was brushed aside by the 'Us against Them' stance you took.:applejackunsure:

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

A stance which is real, of course.

I'm sorry, but I refuse to accept this position.
When we define a person or an ideology as an 'enemy' we place ourselves as morally superior to them, and in that logic we find reasons to openly judge them. We then inevitably broaden it and judge entire demographics. You can personally relate to being unfairly judged by the actions of other people, yes?
I will not claim to be greater or more valuable than any living person; on grounds that I am as human as anyone else.
I'll certainly argue with people; but I am not by any means better than anyone.

*Shrugs*
It's the position I've lived my entire life on. A constant war against the demons and fallen angels which all plot and scheme to withhold our souls from God, the victory that Christ dying on the cross represented in terms of this war, I'll be honest almost everything I see is in this whole "We are at war/Us against them" position/perspective.

It's entrenched so deep into my being that I don't even see myself as somehow morally superior, I am a sinner who was simply saved on the basis of accepting Christ as Lord and Savior. I'm no perfect man, I'm no where close to blameless, but I am a soldier.

And the enemy is hate, the enemy is sin, the enemy is greed, excess, amorality and pride. The enemy is everywhere... and as far as I can tell, it just means I need to fight it, everywhere. It may win some battles, it may win more frequently in this day and age, but we will win the war.

God has promised as much, and He does not break promises. He's even promised that when the war's over and evil's lost that I'll be able to enjoy the peace - even though I've known so little about peace.

Guess you could sum me up as a man who has issues compromising. Heh.

BradyBunch
Group Admin

Nice words. I love the message. And it's not as though God only loves the people in the middle east. God could have spoken to other nations because he loves all men, right? He could have spoken his words to other nations, and they write it down and have their own words of God.

I agree with the basic message, but I am wondering, what do you mean when you say that “if it was modified, you could tell right away exactly what God wants to teach us and what a Man has put in for his own selfish reasons”. How do you think anyone could tell the difference? Could you give an example of something you think was put in for selfish reasons? Also, I fail to see what environmentalism has to do with your original point. And finally, I mostly agree with the comments by GivingSpider. That is all.

[Edit: This comment, as well as the subsequent conversation, can be found on A Man Undercover’s blog post (see later comments).

Edit: at the OP’s request I’ve moved my response to his home page.
Feel free to follow our conversation or continue downvoting my comments here.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

Response has also been moved.

I couldn't agree more :twilightsmile:

TBF, evolution is accepted by a fair number of Christian today. Gregor Mendel, one of the pioneers of genetics, was a monk. And the guy who made the Big Bang Theory was a priest

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22