My Little Reviews & Feedback 506 members · 862 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
EYou Betcha!
Torque Wrench does a favor for Kerfuffle in her hour of need. Not that it means they're friends or anything. Just a little engineering project, don'tcha know.
The Cloptimist · 1.9k words  ·  86  2 · 1.6k views

Summary: A Rainbow Roadtrip story

Torque Wrench does a favor for Kerfuffle in her hour of need. Not that it means they're friends or anything. Just a little engineering project, don'tcha know.

A little story that takes place before the Mane 6 arrive in Hope Hollow for the events of Rainbow Roadtrip. We don't have tags for any of the new characters yet (edit: we do now!), but I loved them all, and especially these two, so I wanted to just write a little story in that world.

Overall thoughts: When I first went into this piece I was like I do hope this new fashion horse isn't just a copy of Rarity, and I'm glad to see she's not both here and in the special. Even though this is a short piece and a background piece I can see the creativity and thought that went into it. I also really enjoyed the friendship between Kerfuffle and Torch Wrench. It truly shows even in bleak times where all is gray, you can still find friendship and joy. Truly, a piece that is honestly overlooked. 8/10

Creativity: I'm sure this won't be the only backstory/headcanon for this pair, but for now as far as I know the idea is very original and fresh. It's one of the reasons that maybe it doesn't have much of a following yet. But I'm sure it will. As this piece truly shines like Rarity with how creative it is while standing on it's own. 10/10

Grammar: I didn't see any flaws or hiccups in the execution. I will simply note was the **** really necessary for each transition? I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes it can distract from the overall enjoyment of a piece. 9/10

Additional thoughts: This is the 2nd story I've reviewed by this author, and I must say I am impressed by their writing style. Truly, I haven't yet found something by them I haven't enjoyed. Keep up the great work, and don't let a lack of readers keep you from writing. More people/ponies should see stories like this.

Overall score: 9/10
Truly, the only nitpick I have are really the transitions and that it's not long enough. But really that's nitpicking. Great work.

Aw, thank you very much! I appreciate the kind words a lot. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2