Against Echoes 81 members · 168 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
Lightwavers
Group Admin

Rules

The rules are pretty basic. Follow fimfic site rules, don't add a story that isn't yours, and don't add too many stories. Other than that, all bets are off. Add a fic you started a month ago and canceled if you feel so inclined. Completeness is not required. You can add a story that's anything from a series of nsfw vignettes to a grand E rated adventure story longer than FoE. Word count doesn't matter. However, if you add a huge amount of stories, don't be surprised if they're ignored.

Dates

Stories can be submitted to the contest folder starting now up until December 14. The winner will be announced a week later.

Feedback

Feedback consists of two sentences, one with the verdict (failed/decent/good/amazing) and the other with a short explanation. This group was made to promote stories with quick, speedy feedback generated by reading the first couple hundred to a thousand words of a story and giving a rough estimate of its quality. Any story in the contest folder is not assumed to be included in the general submissions folder, and all feedback directed to stories only in this folder will be given via PM, and not moved to the appropriate group folder. Note: If you have placed your story in both the contest and general submissions folder, your story's feedback will be withheld until the contest ends.

The Prize

The winner of the contest will receive $10 through PayPal. Do not enter if you cannot accept PayPal!

Other Stuff

Good luck and have fun!

When it's time, check this thread for the results!

If you want to become a moderator, PM me. Any extra help would be greatly appreciated.

JackRipper

The lack of rules makes for a very haphazardly structured contest. There's no prompt to draw inspiration from, nor stipulations to adhere to. It's a mess in my opinion.

Think of it less as a real contest, and more that some guy is blowing ten bucks to encourage people to join his group and dump shitloads of stories into a folder. It is nearly no effort for a shot at $10, and if you didn't notice it includes stories you've already written, even incomplete ones.

JackRipper

I reckon they're likely going to sort this out one way or another.

6200198 I have been writing a bunch of poems based on each character of the show and putting them into a collection. Would it be okay to submit an entry like this to the contest?

...oh. I don't have PayPal. Are Amazon gift cards fine as the prize? :unsuresweetie:

Lightwavers
Group Admin

Yep, poems are okay.

If you could direct me to a place where I can buy Amazon giftcsrds using PayPal I could do so.

6200304 Cool. Thank you for letting me know. :)

I'll do that later today. I'm replying from my phone right now.

You can add a story that's anything from a series of nsfw vignettes to a grand E rated adventure story longer than FoE.

Eh, guess I may as well add my E-rated anthology, because why not? :scootangel:

Lightwavers
Group Admin

Sorry I didn't have a chance to respond earlier. Would you mind informing me of what needs to be "sorted out?" That sounds kind of ominous. I've checked, and I'm pretty sure I'm not breaking any rules.

JackRipper

It seems like nearly every author is just kind of throwing all of their work into one bucket. I just don't see how they can be accurately judged based on a universal metric when the genre of story varies so greatly.

Lightwavers
Group Admin

Ah, I think I see where your concern stems from. Stories of course will not be judged with a universal standard. They will be judged based on their genre. Even troll stories will be judged based on how well they troll, for example.

Lightwavers
Group Admin

Thanks! Alright then, if anyone wins who can't accept PayPal but can accept these, I'll buy one of 'em.

6200198 Is it too late for me to apply to this contest? Has the judging been done already?

Lightwavers
Group Admin

Shoot, thanks for reminding me. I haven't sent out the messages yet.

But yeah it's been over for a bit now.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17