Magical Familiars 12 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Royal7
Group Admin

From today 1/12/18 to one month from now 2/12/18 I’ll be holding a contest to enter just make a story with magical familiars in it and link it to this page through a comment, the winners will be decided by the most likes and views the storys get. The prize will be to have the story in the new winners section with I will add when the contest comes to a close.

Please spread the word for this, I don't know any groups without rules against self promotion show I can't spread awareness that way.

6278949 As with all the contests on this site, I'll promote yours on my profile in an attempt to get you more contenders. Good luck!

Royal7
Group Admin

yay more contestants, no hard feelings 6282886 but it ain't much of a contest if only one person joins.

I am also writing a story for this contest but I don't know if I'll be able to finish in time. I am probably going to lose the contest, anyway, but I want to try. So if I finish my story in time it'll be a contestant. If not, well, I'm sorry.

Signing out, VShuffler42

Hello there~ I had a few questions (one) and a few suggestions. I'll get to my question first.

By familiars, do you mean the spiritual companions that are represented in classical mythologies? I need to understand the main thing, if I'm to write about it.

Onward to the suggestions:

I noticed that you said you couldn't find a place to promote this contest, here are a few places that will allow you to do so; The Shameless Self-Promotion Group, Assembly of Story Reading Group, and The Insane Creators Guild Group.

Next, you haven't really made any real notes about the contest. Perhaps it would help to add a small description of what the familiars are or adding a link to where someone can find out, would be most helpful. The final thing has to deal with your grading (judging) system... it is unfair. A story has several factors going into it when it gets views and upvotes, one story could be written poorly (an example) and another written well, yet the poor story got more views and more upvotes simply because more people saw the story, or because they felt bad for the author and left one anyway. With that example (using your grading system), the better story lost.

If you like I can help come up with one that is a little more fair, but anyway. I hope to hear back from you soon; as I can't well start until I know what it is I am writing about.

Royal7
Group Admin

1) The group has a very simplified description of familiars on the front page but If I had to go into more detail I’d go with any creature, spirit, or golem like creation. that a magic user connected there magic and or mind to usually resulting in either a more magical power, new abilities, or being able to supercharge familiar to act as a protector.
2- I didn't know about The Shameless Self-Promotion Group I now feel silly.
3- My intention was always to use the like/view rateo as a starting point while I would actually have the last call. I do plan on reading every submission and rating them myself.

That answered that. :3

It is alright not to know about every group made on the site. Don't feel silly for not knowing one. Alright? ^^

I'll attempt to enter, but no guarantees that I'll be able to finish.

Sorry, sorry. I just realized I had one more question: Does the story need to be completed to enter? Like, it is a multi-chapter story and not all the chapters are out at the time.

Royal7
Group Admin

If the story is just started I’ll judge its first few chapters and its potential.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11