The Break Away Collab Group 29 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27
cleverpun
Group Admin

Like all my titles, the current one I stuck on the story entry is WIP. (I realized after the fact that it sounds like a Kelly Clarkson song, which really was not what I was going for :facehoof:)

Please place all ideas for a new, better name here :twilightsmile:

No Raisin
Group Contributor

5899696 The Alicorn Amulet Anthology Group. :pinkiehappy:

cleverpun
Group Admin

5900246 I am an advocate of alliteration.

5900246 I'm for this !

5900380 When are you going to change it ?

cleverpun
Group Admin

5912378 I wanted to get multiple suggestions first, so that people did not feel like their proposals would not be taken into consideration. But it seems people are either shy or working on their chapters instead :unsuresweetie:

5912380 A week has past, maybe you shod ask again, if no one other then A Grand Wizard reply in a week, then change it to The Alicorn Amulet Anthology Group

5912380 No-one has replied

you shod change it to The Alicorn Amulet Anthology Group

cleverpun
Group Admin

5918735 5900246 I suppose my main issue with the name is that it is descriptive, but bland. After ruminating on it, I'm not sure that it is any better or worse than the current palceholder name.

One of my ideas from before was to have the title be some kind of line or Arc Words that appeared in every chapter, but I didn't want to impose any authorial restraints.

Perhaps the name is something to revisit when the story is done?

Crack-Fic Casey
Group Contributor

No, No... Alicorn Amulet Anthology Association

5922332 Mhm.. I'm ok with that

cleverpun
Group Admin

Now that we are nearing the end, I feel this is a good time to start asking for more ideas on this topic. The title should be something evocative, but descriptive. A little poetic, but not overtly so. The current options represent opposing sides of this problem; the group name is overly purple and sounds stupid, whereas the alliterative alternative is too dry and mechanical.

Ideas still welcome.

AAA Insurance or The Alicorn Amulet Assimilation ?

(Its a joke name)

Crack-Fic Casey
Group Contributor

Might want to make this a separate thread, to make sure people see it. I came back here on accident. Honestly, I'm not sure what the problem is with Breaking Away. The whole premise is breaking away from the Amulet.

There's a bunch of different variants on Breaking Away that can be used if those two don't strike your fancy.

Crack-Fic Casey
Group Contributor

The Breakaway.

Breaking Off.

Time to Break it Off.

Letting Go

Let it Go, Let it Gooo...

Release

Just Relax...

What Do You Want?

Just Let Go.

Breaking Away does have the advantage of envocing the image of separating one's self from something with difficulty

cleverpun
Group Admin

"Breaking Away" also sounds like a Kelly Clarkson song :trixieshiftright:

Moosetasm
Group Contributor

At the risk of premature death, I recommend:

Bodaciously
Radical
Endeavoring
Authors
Killing
Amulets
With
Acronyms,
Yeah!

Crack-Fic Casey
Group Contributor

I don't know who that is. :derpytongue2:

More importantly, do we have anything better to fall back on?

Chris
Group Contributor

I have no useful suggestions for the title, as even the most cursory of glances at my own stories will show that I'm terrible at naming fics.

But this seems like the best thread to ask in: are we each supposed to come up with names for our chapters? If so, is there some sort of theme or form we should all follow? Because right now mine's just "Carrot Top chapter," and if it needs to be anything other than that, then I need to get on that :derpyderp1:

cleverpun
Group Admin

6135067 That's covered here under point 3

Chris
Group Contributor

:facehoof: Guess that would've been the first place to check... okay, thanks!

Sollace
Group Contributor

5900246 5899696
For lack of my own creativity, i"m putting in a vote for the alliteration. (Sorry for late reply, this thread gets a bit buried in the slew of other stuff in my feed)

No Raisin
Group Contributor

I mean, it makes perfect sense. :unsuresweetie:

Sollace
Group Contributor

It does, in a way I never considered the story as an anthology though, as that would suggest each chapter distinct-disconnected.

FanOfMostEverything
Group Contributor

You know, after all this time, I'm surprised no one's suggested Just Say No.

Winston
Group Contributor

I'm going to just say yes... to that title. :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27