Weed World 831 members · 74 stories
Comments ( 50 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 50

Vertical Stripes!

A table version...

Cool for some reason I was thinking The Perilous Romance of Swans started earlier in the time line

5547836 Me too, but still not a bad representation.

So Sumac and Pebble should be born around year 5, which means that Sumac would have been on the road with Trixie for about year before Hypothesis happened. I was thinking that they were out on the road longer than that, though.

Venenom Iocus is moving into the fall of year Zero, and we can expect gestation to start some time after they pull Tarnish out of whatever hole he's about to fall into, so maybe I need to set 'Hypothisis' and every thing that follows in the fall of year six?

Does that make since now?

5547901 No, Sumac is about 5 in PTSSfFF (late late year 5 on this chart), so he should be born sometime in year 0 or 1, and early year 1 should be Pebble's birth to also get her old enough by then.
At least if I'm not getting wires crossed. Didn't he mention being 5 relatively recently in PTSSfFF?

EDIT: Direct reference to his age in the most recent chapter, no need to search too hard:

A pony, especially a five year old, could throw another pony off of their mental balance with the right questions.

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Sumac is five years old. He's been with Trixie for most of those five years.

There is some reference to Twilight's school opening soon in the last chapter of Swans.

Venemus Iocus is approaching fall, and Maud is gonna stop taking her pills, so if they get a few good nights of dancing in, Pebble would be born late summer of year one, so school starts in the fall of year 6.

Obviously I can't math.

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Why is Swans now taking place after School?

Before School... something went wonky! :derpytongue2:

Did something change places?

Also, should I just keep reading through School or take a break from it to read everything that came before?

Nothing changed places, it's just not as easy as I thought it might be to change directions. Adding the seasons just seemed impractical with the horizontal timeline, so it needs some tweaks. Again.

Kind of hate to be "that guy," but, despite having a pretty visual representation, perhaps you could amend a purely text-based list to the OP?

A text version with links has been nagging me to get it done...

For now, what is the exact order, after The Weed: WWtWTY, M.F.D., or VI?

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

VI happens directly after The Weed.

Thank you, the side-scroll timeline looked like it put WWtWTY next in the chronology, and I'd gotten confused.

So, the chronology is very helpful. I just got into Weedverse, and I guess I should ask... Should I be reading them in chronological order or some other order? A lot of the stories are unfinished, which makes it harder.

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Many of the stories are stand alone, but events get referenced in other stories.

Other stories, such as Venenum Iocus, are direct sequels and reading The Weed is highly recommended if you wish to understand it.

5607107 It's kinda like the Redwall series; on rare occasion internal chronology matters, but for the most part it's completely irrelevant to what order you should read the books in.

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

5622133 what happened to M.F.D.? Is it going to continue?

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Yes. I am organising material now.

Any idea where How To Win Enemies and Influence Ponies falls?

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

No. I don't know.

I don't suppose it matters. There's really no need to pin every butterfly to the board, after all.

5547934 Wait- is 'That which lies in the depths' a story or no? If so, please send the link to that AND the Weed.

5704141 'That which lies dreaming in the depths' is not a story. This refers to the primary antagonist of the Weed-verse. Kudzu was waxing poetic in chat one day, so I ran with it...

5704141 'That which lies dreaming in the depths' is not a story. It refers to the primary antagonist in the Weed-verse. Kudzu was waxing poetic in chat one day, so I ran with it.

It seems I only have 19 of the 22 stories in the group accounted for... go here to find them all https://www.fimfiction.net/group/210355/weed-world/

5704483 I did. 'The Weed' is not there.

It's gonna be real interesting when the sequel to a story that takes place long before the stories currently being released gets a sequel that has nothing to do with the stories currently being released.

Does it matter much where we start?

Start at the top of the list... beyond that, there are some that are direct sequels you would want to read in order.

i have now read every story in this group... now im bored:derpytongue2:

Where does "Skyreach" fit in? Between "Venenum Iocus" and "M.F.D.", or later?

Also, is "... Spring Break ..." a story?

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Spring Break hasn't been released yet.

5547694 update time?

Hmm Ok... I seem to be unable to find The perilous gestation of swans. Where it is?

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Hasn't been published yet.

5869192 That's one hell of a reason for not finding it ^^;;;

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

Sorry about that. Spring Break hasn't been published yet either, but pieces of both exist.

Gestation should be out... soonish. I'm struggling with the opening chapter at the moment.

And I'm guessing Spring Broke is the final version of the title?

kudzuhaiku
Group Admin

It is. All titles subject to change. :derpytongue2:

I would dearly like to see this updated, as I find Raul's approach to be a bit less easily readable.

Really? How could i make it better? Please, if i can improve it im open to suggestions.

New here so I gotta ask, what is the color coding on the table? I can't find a legend and it's driving me nuts.

Comment posted by Raul deleted Jul 18th, 2018
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 50