Talk It Out 90 members · 98 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

In a futile attempt to set up my PS4 downstairs for a lovely game night with our friends, me and Dad cocked everything up and had an argument, leading to a series of events one after another that drove our entire family apart. After a lot of yelling and shouting and threatening, the night was cancelled and my new iPad is gone. Whether or not it was thrown into the bin, I don't know for sure.

I'm unsure about what's going to happen to my family as a whole from this debacle, but let me just say that my mum is heavily leaning towards divorce and leaving us all to ourselves given everything that's happened. I'm really in tatters about this, and I don't really think that I can recover from this. I feel like absolute shit. I am really in the pits with everything that's happened today and just need someone to talk with.

5714566 I'm always here if you need someone to talk to buddy.

5714568 Thank you both. Is there any way that I can possibly recover from this mess?

5714570 Maybe talk it out with your family? If that doesn't work, maybe you should talk to your other relatives, tell them how you feel about the situation maybe they can help.

Or another option in mind is maybe find a professional to talk to. Maybe have someone get all of you and talk with all of you to try and work this out. I know my advice isn't great, but those are just a few ideas in mind.

5714566 You shouldn't feel guilty for what your parents have between them. If you want to alleviate the rip, you can try being there for both your dad and your mom. Divorces only happen when one or both parents want to escape the stress. However, if your family environment becomes a pleasant place to be in, that won't ever happen.

5714566 the Holidays can be very stressful, these arguments common? Family violence (even verbal violence) always sucks, ya feeling alright? I know it seems like there's not a ton of hope, but thing's will get better over time, with the right decisions.
What's all that's happened, if I may ask?
And divorce sucks, but it might be what's needed in the long term.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8