Word of the Week Quickfic Challenge 53 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
deli73
Group Admin

Internecine (adjective): destructive to both sides in a conflict.
Requirements: Comedy and/or Slice of Life tag; E or T rating; 1000-4000 words.
Entries due by Thursday, March 17
Winners announced Saturday, March 19

Let's try this again, shall we? Maybe we'll actually get some submissions this time :rainbowlaugh:

Let's try this again, shall we? Maybe we'll actually get some submissions this time :rainbowlaugh:

On that note, would I be out of line to make the following suggestion?

Insteae of having the minimum limit set at 1,000 words, how about allowing flash-fictions to be entered? While we obviously couldn't publish them on Fimfiction in and of themselves, we could write the flash fiction contest entries into this each relevant contest's thread comment section.

Here's an example of what I mean.

deli73
Group Admin

5106085 hm, we could try that for next week's, perhaps. I'll probably take a vote.

Ten to two hundred words about "around and around"?

Vinyl Scratch sat on her turntable. It was awesome.

Dang! So close!

5106042 Be right back, I gotta right.

Does the story have to solely be Slice of Life or Comedy? Can it have other tags?

deli73
Group Admin

5106406 Other tags are fine, as long as it has at least one of the two.

Hmm, I think I have a partial idea...:twilightsmile:

...I just need to figure out which characters, the subject and scale of the conflict, and so on...:facehoof:

Okay, I will TRY to make something of this, but no guarantee I'll make it in time...

I.. I actually have an idea to this, I mean, I haven't written a story yet, but I feel like I should try at least. Although, my idea sounds kinda stupid if I look at it from a certain angle :twilightsheepish:

Then keep looking at it from the angle from which it seems awesome. :twilightsmile: Consider it practice.

5106042 To avoid messing up again, the story I wish to submit can now be found below. (Hopefully I'm doing this right)
Behind The Curtain

Thanks for your story, but this marks the second week in a row with only one submission.

We've got some work to do.

Flash fictions! :raritywink: (See -5106085)

(Also, it wouldn't hurt to try and promote each and every new contest in other groups as well, such as The Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau.)

5116138 Agh... my condolences.

deli73
Group Admin

5116138 perhaps we should extend this one another week or two?

That moment when you completely forgot you had a contest to participate in... :facehoof:

Uh, sorry about this, I had a group project which I deemed more important and this just slipped from my mind

Are we extending the period?

Since Deli has some important business to attend to this week, I suppose we could simply extend this one 'til next Saturday.

Last call! Twelve hours before the extended deadline ends.

I suppose that's that. Sorry, Jarvy.

So, It's been a while since a word was entered.

Anyone, uh... got any idea when that next word is? I'd love to write something quickly.

Deli's been dealing with some Life Stuff™ lately. This may not be my group, but I suppose I could be doing more myself, being the only other judge we've heard from so far. I must admit, though, that I lost my confidence after the last two-point-five contests ended as they did. Well... Let's see what we can do.

5181258 Ah, yes. Life stuff gets to us all. Anyway, thanks.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23