• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

Prompt: Round and Round
Theme: Repeating
Genre; Any
Rating: Everyone or Teen
Length: 10-200 words.
Deadline: July 19th. I'm doing one week for this contest, primarily because of the word limit.
Good luck to all. :twilightsmile:Also, our member number is now Pi.

4543159 um, did you mean 1.000 to 2.000 words, because I'm pretty sure that you can't post a 10 word story.

I'm pretty sure that 4543159 actually did mean 10 words - 200 words since this is a Flash Fiction Contest. Insead of publishing it as a story, you just write your entry in the comments of this thread. Here's an example of a previous Flash Fiction Contest. :twilightsmile:

4543382 ah, okay, thanks for the clarification. This surprisingly makes things easier.

4543159 Here's my story.

Title: That 70's Pony
Word count: 108

The basement was flooded with a thick haze of smoke, and the pungent smell came packaged with it. Three ponies were in a circle on the floor, their eyes red, but their smiles bright.

Fluttershy looked over at Tree Hugger. “Food, I’m hungry now. Treezy, did you bring anything to eat?”

Tree Hugger stared off into space. “I gave it to Rainbow Dash.”

Rainbow Dash was lying on her back and pawing at the air. “I don’t have any food. Fluttershy, did you bring something to eat?”

Fluttershy’s attention changed from Rainbow Dash back to Tree Hugger. “Food, I’m hungry now. Treezy, did you bring anything to eat?”

4543159 I'll promote this contest on ma user page to get myself more competition.

Here's my entry:

Time Loop
"Don't worry Derpy, time travel is perfectly safe," said Doctor Whooves. "I just press this button, and we end up in the past. It's as simple as that."

He pressed the button and said, "Don't worry Derpy, time travel is perfectly safe..."

This is my little piece which has 189 words to understand this you must have watched the latest episode:

Spike's Fantasies.
That was amazing. It was just so awesome. It seemed so real. Well actually if it was real none of that would happen and if that was-
"Spike are you thinking about becoming that muscular dude again?" Twilight asked.
"And who are you the princess of knowing every thought I think?'' I asked her.
"No it's just that I can tell you kind of-" Twilight began.
"I don't need to know Twilight." I said. "But think about it if that did happen it would be nice."
"Oh Spike" Twilight said. "No need to dream about useless things."
"It's not useless." Spike said. "It's fun to think about being a guy like that. You wouldn't understand Twilight your not a guy."
Twilight chuckled. "Ok just don't get too carried away."
"Y'know me Twilight I never get carried away!" Spike said as he went outside.
Twilight bit her lip as she quietly said to herself. "I don't know about that..."

4543159 Here's my entry.

Monday.

"There's no way I'm going on that Lyra."

Tuesday.

"Come on, Bon-Bon! It'll be fun!"

Bon-Bon sighed and walked the other direction.

Wednesday.

"Would you please stop nagging me, Lyra? I've told you before, there's no way I'm going to ride on a carousel! Just the thought of riding another pony in public sounds disturbing."

Lyra watched as Bon-Bon plodded away, planning something devious.

Thursday.

"Lyra, put me down this instance!"

"Alright." Bon-Bon landed on the saddle of a carousel horse. She winced as the operator pulled the lever. Lyra whooped from the adjacent horse, flinging her arms into the air.

"Aren't you enjoying this, Bon-Bon? This is really fun!" Bon-Bon shook her head before falling off of the horse and keeling.

Friday.

"There's no way I'm going on that Lyra."

Eternity
Every minute, every day, every year, every century I'm forced to watch civilization build, but only for it to crumble before my eyes again. I meet new ponies, and I see them wither. I knew ponies who I thought were ready, only to betray me. I faced many tragedies, many losses, and a lot of pain, including the one thousand-year sentence I had to put on my dear sister.

But maybe, just maybe... things won't be the same for longer.

4543159 About time I entered one of these again, so here goes:

Just Visiting
Word count: 176

The cell door opened, its hinges gleaming dully in the grey evening light.

“You again?” complained Chrysalis.

“Me again,” said Twilight.

Chrysalis continued to mutter and grumble, but Twilight paid her no heed. She levitated the scroll through the forcefield and laid it down in front of the changeling queen.

Chrysalis looked up, scowling. “What’s this?”

“You know what it is.”

Twilight turned away and walked out of the bare cell, leaving Chrysalis alone with the rolled parchment. She eyed it warily for a while, as though it might leap up and strike her, then grabbed it and ripped it open, breaking the Solar Seal into two jagged halves. Her wings buzzed pointlessly as she read:

I grant your request. Tomorrow, you shall have the messenger you desire: the pony who thinks best of you.

Chrysalis allowed herself a twisted half-smile, then flung the scroll into a dark corner and waited for sleep to come.

The cell door opened, its hinges gleaming dully in the grey evening light.

“You again?” complained Chrysalis.

“Me again,” said Twilight.

(after writing a nice little flash story, then realizing i goofed up and forgot to focus on the theme, here is my new and edited entry.)
Word count 140

“WOOO WOOO WOOO WOOO…..” Continued the pink earth pony. Despite all of their friends efforts to pry her away from the golden trophy after Applejack and all the other ponies had left, the wacky party pony still continued to bob her head and make that infernal sound.

It has now been three days since Pinkie Pie’s cycle of wooo-ing began. Even the Princesses themselves were unable to deter her, their mightiest magics reduced to simple sparkles as she continued to defy logic and be most annoying. At this Twilight shook her head, returning to business.

To this day, the almost cartoonish skeleton of Ponyville’s once beloved party planner continues to rock back and forth in front of a trophy that had corroded away to dust, the wind playing a haunting echo occasionally for any travelers to hear ‘Wooo Woooo Woooo

:pinkiesad2::pinkiecrazy:

Title: Untitled
Word Count: 200 words

“Hey there, Sweetie Belle.” Spike greeted, carrying a strange box contraption thingy on his claws.

The unicorn looked up from her book and smiled at him. “Oh, hello there, Spike.”

“Mind if I sit here?” he asked, patting the empty space on the bench.

She shrugged before turning back to her book.

“Thanks.” Spike sat down, eyed her and pushed away the growing nervousness inside. “So uh...wat’cha reading there?”

“Just looking for something for our crusading tomorrow.” She glanced at him and noticed the box. “What’s that?”

“Oh, this? It’s nothing.” He took a breath and smiled at her. “So, does that mean you don’t have any plans later this afternoon?”

Sweetie Belle arched an eyebrow. “...actually, I do.” She closed the book, jumped off the bench and walked away.

“Well,” he stared at the button on the box. “That didn’t work.” He pressed the button.

“What’s that?”

Spike shrugged. “Eh, it’s nothing, really. Say uh,” he smiled at her, “wanna go to my place and bang?”

She looked surprised. And then she looked angry.

“Yeah, too strong.” He sighed and pressed the button.

“Say uh... Wanna hang out in Sugarcube Corner?”

Sweetie Belle shrugged. “Sure, I guess.”

“Cool!”

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4543159 If you don't have a staff member helping you judge this contest or would like somepony to help judge this contest.- I can offer to oblige.:twilightsmile:

Hiya.

First time joining this contest. I expected this to be easy, but I was surprised at how hard it was to keep myself to a low word count.
200 words.

Six Days

Six days. To the second.

The scuffling of heavy feet on stone echoed through the cavernous depths of Tartarus. Tirek knew there were others bound within this gods-forsaken prison, but he had neither seen nor heard them in his millennia of residence.

The sole company afforded him was that of his jailor in the brief minutes it neared him in its rounds.

Cerberus’s ugly heads came into view as the beast stomped out from behind the great spiky stones that dominated Tartarus. It shuffled closer, its inhalations unnaturally loud in the silent caverns as it sniffed about the edges of Tirek’s prison.

Satisfied that there was no change in the wards, Cerberus turned and plodded away…

Leaving behind the slightest traces of magic.

It was only natural. Every living being had an aura, and Cerberus was no meager creature. But while Tirek’s magic was bound, Tartarus did not prevent him from gaining new magic…

It was be a sickening overstatement to call them scraps, but it would suffice for Lord Tirek’s needs. Eventually.

Even that meager effort wearied him in this weak state. No, he didn’t have enough magic yet. But he had patience.

Lord Tirek started counting the seconds.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4554927 I think I'll be good, but thanks for offering. :pinkiesmile:

To everyone less, about one day left on the contest, so there's still time if you want to enter.

This just might be a little bit late, but here's another entry if you'll allow it. (I apologize for taking so long to come up with something. :twilightsheepish:)

Title: "Spinning"

Applejack was heading towards her house to get some supper after a hard day of apple-bucking when she caught sight of Pinkie Pie near the barn. She was curious to find out what her friend was doing. "Howdy, Pinkie! How are- Uh, just what in tarnation are you doing spinning around like that?"

"Can't you tell, silly? I'm practicing!"

"Practicin' for what, exactly?"

"For a new greeting of course! I figure if I can spin fast enough and long enough to really make me dizzy, it will be a great way to make any new friends I meet SMILE!"

"Let me get this straight. You want to practice spinning to make yourself dizzy, and you think that'll put a smile on any new ponies you happen to come across? How long have you been at this, anyway?"

"Yeppers, that's right! I've been spinning around Ponyville since morning. Oh! Why don't you give it a try, Applejack? We can spin around together! It'll be FUN! Spinning round androundandroundandroundandround..."

"...No thanks, Pinkie Pie, supper's callin'."

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4558666 4543491 4544501 4545080 4545633 4545683 4546890 4551704 4551772 4559956 Thanks to all who entered, I had great fun reading and judging all of your entries. Maybe we can do it again next time. :trollestia:
Anyway, as for results, 3rd place goes to gamexpert1990 for Spinning.
2nd place goes to Loganberry for Just Visiting.
1st place goes to dragonjek for Six Days.

4561713 D'aw. Well, it was worth a try.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4561715 Thank for entering anyway, and I hope to see you enter in another contest in the future. :pinkiesmile:

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4561734 Thank you for entering. :twilightsmile:

3rd place goes to gamexpert1990 for Spinning.

I actually wrote something good enough to place?! :pinkiegasp:
I can live with third. Thank you very much! :pinkiehappy:

Congratulations on getting first. :twilightsmile:

4561713 Ooh! Thank you very much! :yay: I enjoyed this contest, and I'm really happy to have placed. Now I need to organise my time a bit better, so that I can actually remember to enter more of these in the future. :twilightsheepish:

4561734 4561822 Congratulations, guys! :pinkiehappy: Hope to see you (and plenty of others) around these parts again in the near future. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23