• Viewing 1 - 50 of 39
Flutterpony
Group Admin

... this momentous occasion.

Cheers and good fortune for us all in this group

i love this:heart:

Flutterpony
Group Admin

At 365 members, we broke past Foalcon Punch!'s membership today and have grown by 2.9 members per day since the group began. I guess it's to be expected. Fetish-oriented foalcon just can't replace character-oriented foalcon.

Flutterpony
Group Admin

Keep moving up when I think we've reached our peak for the week.

4905226 Its great to see us back on the trending list, just because it promotes us a lot better then any other ways we try. I do think that these past few episodes of season 5 have had a lot of Foalcon fuel so that might of influenced people joining

Flutterpony
Group Admin

4905571 every month or two I go to the old Foalcon group to send invitations to all the new members there that haven't joined here yet. When I do, we get a boost and rocket up the trending list. I also have been promoting in the Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau at the same time and publishing collab chapters, but these only help us stay on the trending list longer rather than put us there in the first place.

When I saw a spike in fanfic and other site activity over the holiday finale weekend it seemed to make sense to attract some attention.

4906357 Oh well I'm happy for your constant efforts in any case.

Also its not just on here I was talking about an increase in foalcon popularity. I seem to be finding more and more foalcon pictures being made lately, in part thanks to the last couple of episodes of the season. Lets hope foalcon gets a lil more popularity and less flack from others if this keeps up

Flutterpony
Group Admin

4906519 I noticed more images as well. There's been plenty of foalcon fan fodder.

4906742 Especially with Twi. I mean excited for Shining and Cadence's foal, the looks she gives filly Dash, only one of the Mane 6 to enjoy having the CMC over on multiple occasions and was fine when the CMC brought a load of foals over to Twilight Time too.

I have this idea that maybe because she was taught and possibly raised slightly by Celestia, Twilight got odd ideas about foal to adult relations. Don't have anything solid but something about being treated like an adult by a parental figure who wasn't her parent and her being closed off in the palace gave her a warped perceptive on how foals and adults interact.

Would make a good idea for a fanfic but I don't have the thought process to work on writing.

Flutterpony
Group Admin

4906908 There are endless possibilities with the time travel magic Twi and company have. I imagine a foalcon version of Groundhog Day.

4906985 Ooh that sounds interesting actually! Well it would be the only time ever to do whatever you wanted with no consequences. Not sure what Starlight would think of Twi abusing her magic though. Or what alternate universes her foal based fun would lead her.

Flutterpony
Group Admin

4907022 It could be another pony or Starlight herself who uses time travel in order to live her fantasies, but without Twilight and the map to pull her back to the future, there'd need to be some other way to get back in order to then return to the same moment in the past and cancel the timeline in which shenanigans ensued.

4907562 Yes this requires deep thought. Maybe one day we will get our heads wrapped around that spell and figure out a way to have naughty time traveling filly fun :twilightsmile:

Flutterpony
Group Admin

I also still wonder what the map's consumption of the spell scroll means and whether that might make it more or less difficult to time travel.

4908633 Maybe it consumed the spell just so the timeline wouldn't change again after it was finally corrected. Maybe it sent it to a different time or maybe it only went forward a week.

That opens up the idea of Twi maybe receiving the spell while sat alone in the castle and maybe she wants a lil time traveling foal fun before she hands it over to Celestia.

Flutterpony
Group Admin

4909091 That could make a nice beginning. The scroll poos out of the map as twilight walks by.

4909828 Hmmm, I may need to write this down... Just makes you wonder what kinda future for Equestria would happen if Twi fiddled with foal Dash?

Flutterpony
Group Admin

4910077 It depends s lot on the sex culture of Equestria, of course, but, if theirs is similar to U.S. culture (not to say it is, but it's what I'm familiar with), Dash might carry a chip on her shoulder, or her self esteem might be taken down a lot, depending on how Twi leaves her. It's interesting to consider what a more meek Dash might be like.

4910806 Maybe Twi messes with the timeline (and more importantly, with a foal) more than once, creating several different timelines where there could be that very meek Dash or maybe she messes with Fluttershy or heck any of the other Mane 6 as foals, she could maybe edit the spell to put her in different locations after all.

I think Twi would start to view it as an experiment. Like what would happen if and record it down for her own study.

Ooh I like this, if I was good at writing I'd write a chapter on each of the Mane 6 she fooled with, followed by what future she gets sent back to.

Also sorry for the long delay of a response, retail work really starts to pick up this time of year after all.

Flutterpony
Group Admin

4920276 Delays are no trouble. I like the idea of Twi being the princess of friendship across all of time and space and experimenting with foals abundantly in ways that allow her to escape any lasting consequences.

Why the "Error 404" icon? Something happened?

Flutterpony
Group Admin

4940824 There were 404 members, but now there are more. :pinkiehappy:

Oh, I didn't notice that! :facehoof:

The group is really growing fast. Your work for it really shows off.
I hope the Cutie Mark(ed) Crusaders will be that successful too one day.

Flutterpony
Group Admin

4941320 Hopefully we'll show in the trending groups again in time for the holiday break.

Are there any special requirements to show up there? Or just a certain amount of users joining in a specific timeframe?
We're (or rather, me, because I'm the only who is spending the holidays alone) are holding our first stream event on the 26th on Equestria TV and it would be great if we would trend too because of that! :pinkiehappy:

Flutterpony
Group Admin

4941364 It's based on the number of new, never-before-joined members that have joined in the past 168 hour (7 day)-period. If a member leaves (even right after joining), I think they still only help the total and won't count against it, but I'm not sure. You're welcome to promote your stream event in a thread here. Even if it's not foal-related, it's still allowed if you don't mind fellow foalcon fans joining you.

Edit: I realized you said "stream" not "steam." Fixed my reply

It's partially foal-related, as we will be showing some Hearth's Warming Eve stuff alongside of three Cutie Mark Crusaders episodes in the mix.
Thanks for your offer, I'm really humbled by that invitation! :twilightsmile:
But if we promote the event here in the Foalcon group, I fear there might be some people coming who post NSFW stuff in the chat, which wouldn't look too good at our first event. :twilightoops: Especially because I hope to still get a spot in one of the next Nightly Roundups on EQD before the event and I know from experience that most bronies there are not too fond of Foalcon or clop in general.
But thanks for the offer, I definitely consider taking it for future events!
And in any way, I will also promote the event in the Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau now and, as I said, hopefully get a spot on EQD, so the advertisement is definitely taken care of for this one. :scootangel:

Flutterpony
Group Admin

4941485 Good idea to submit the announcement to EQD. Of course, you'd want to be careful of NSFW stuff. If you decide to advertise in the future or you change your mind about this event, you can of course stipulate that it's a strictly SFW event, but if you're worried about SFW foal-shipping content being posted at your event then you might have a different problem. Also, if you're concerned that an affiliation with a foalcon group that professes to host only SFW discussion (yet has an undeserved reputation for doing otherwise) might disqualify you, then I understand that as well.

Also, if you're concerned that an affiliation with a foalcon group that professes to host only SFW discussion (yet has an undeserved reputation for doing otherwise) might disqualify you, then I understand that as well.

No, nothing of that sort! I love Foalcon myself and there isn't nearly as much complaints about it as it sometimes seems, so the association would be no problem.
It's just that technically everyone can see the announcement in the group and I just don't want to risk that some quiet members, who only use the story archive but never make themselves heard in the forum, would get on the stream and ignore the rules there, cause in the eyes of some people, that could already leave a bad impression of our streams and our group if already the first event has to deal with trouble like that.
I'm just better safe than sorry, that's all.
Once we have hosted a few events, I will gladly accept the offer and spam promote our events in the Foalcon group. :scootangel:

Also, I just read your thread in the Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau and now I have even more respect for what you're doing.
Do you always have to deal with so much crap once you open a thread to promote the Foalcon group there? :twilightoops:

Flutterpony
Group Admin

4941643 Sounds like a plan!

Do you always have to deal with so much crap once you open a thread to promote the Foalcon group there? :twilightoops:

Usually, but I've dealt with far, far... far worse. TSSPB is a lark!

Flutterpony
Group Admin

Welcome to our newest members.

5066232 looks like we may be breaking the 600 member mark soon. I might have to come up with a lil contest with a prize to celebrate the fact. :pinkiehappy:

It's been too quiet for my liking here and I'd like to get us all back on track after all.

5077378 Well, it's pretty much broken (as of the time I write this). While I'm rather inactive (aside from a small fic I wrote for the collab thread), I'd be up for a contest.

5077977 Why indeed it has! :pinkiegasp:

I guess I better get a move on and get something ready!

Flutterpony
Group Admin

Sounds awesome! Hooray for 600!
I'll promote the event if you like, unless you'd prefer to promote it your own way.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 39