The Safe For Woona League 156 members · 672 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Sanguine Eyes
Group Admin

This is something you should be bringing to moderators and curators. An administrator of some sort. Not necessarily here.

This was crossposted on a lot of groups, as a lot of people were worried, and I think the site staff already purged a bunch of the posts.

The update on the situation is here:
https://www.fimfiction.net/blog/872392/situation-update

And if you look in the comments of the blog, it sounds like people managed to get word out to the local police, he's alive, and he's in the hospital for evaluation. That's what I got from the comments, anyways. Don't know any of this for sure myself.

--Sweetie Belle

Sanguine Eyes
Group Admin

Thank ye...

Usually whenever I see a suicide note it's literally just begging for attention. However, this... The length and depth of the note was pretty severe which set off a Few alarms. Only reason I didn't immediately delete it.

Happy to see they got help.

Yeah. I could have deleted quite a number of those when they came in, and didn't. I was at work, so I was busy, but I also didn't really want to find out later that someone died and I'd deleted a bunch of the messages asking for people to get them help...

--Sweetie Belle

Sanguine Eyes
Group Admin

I've seen too many people die, I'm kind of numb to it now.

Plus, of all the people I have known who have committed suicide none left notes on social media. However, of the dozens, possibly hundreds of suicide threats I have seen on social media, this is the first one that appears to have any validity whatsoever.

One of my followers, who is banned, used to have the last blog on their blogs be a suicide note. It was deleted by the site admins, and it was pretty much confirmed that he did commit suicide. His mother leaves messages on his user page sometimes.

So it's not really the first one I've seen with validity to it...

There are actually groups on fimfiction for people who are depressed or feeling suicidal.

--Sweetie Belle

Sanguine Eyes
Group Admin

I instantly cast doubt on that. No offense to you or him, I could very well be wrong. But literally no one logs into their children's or brothers or whatever social media accounts to post updates.

That is immediately a huge red flag that they are trying to get Symphony.

Most of the time, parents are brothers don't know the first damn thing about whatever the hell you were doing online. It's a very well-known and kind of pathetic attempt to "prove" you did what you said you were going to do.

I could pretend that I was going to kill myself right here and now and then just create another account or even log in with his exact same one and say that I am my mother and oh! Woe is me!! Why didn't anyone listen? Oh noes, oh noes!

It's a cheap trick that I've seen way too many times. I started just calling people out on it and they keep it up for a few days only to come back and try and say it was a huge misunderstanding. But then they get super butthurt over the fact that they're being called out for pretending to commit suicide to get attention.

There are dozens of reasons to pretend to commit suicide, and all of them have to do with the attention you get. Same thing with those people who pretend to cut themselves. I actually have a collection of stock photos that people use to "prove" they are cutting themselves. They won't post a picture of and I will post a screenshot of that exact same picture showing up on Google Images years ago.

People who actually commit suicide don't make a big show of it. They feel shame in themselves, they feel pain and don't want to bother with it. They are more passive than they are showy. You'll see them do things like giving away their possessions, what few things they do own they will try to give or Force other people to take. They've loved it so much that they don't want it to be unloved even when they're gone.

That's how you tell someone is in danger. They actually give a shit. None of this making a show of things and telling everyone you know.

She isn't logging into his account (which was, in fact, site-banned because he committed suicide). His mother's got her own account, and leaves comments on his user page, generally on his birthday or, say, mothers day, and has been for six years or so. The comments are pretty believable to me, in any case. They are pretty much the type of comment you would leave to a loved one you were missing1.

Mind you, this was 6 years ago. Most people have mostly moved on. It's largely those of us that have been around a while that remember about him...

--Sweetie Belle

1. Or similar to the ones I do leave on facebook to a family member who passed on a few years ago...
Sanguine Eyes
Group Admin

That's even more damning. Sure, it's possible I'm incorrect, but especially if the original is banned, it makes a lot of sense that they would make a new one that is a relative and keep posting to milk more that Symphony even for years. I've seen it done before. And I know it's not a fun thing to think about especially if I'm wrong, but you have to ask yourself if it's possible. Generally speaking, you never really trust these sort of things unless you can get some suitable proof.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10