I HATE Starlight Glimmer 143 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

Yeah, I thought about that many times and it's really something I fear, I won't stop watching the show if it happens but I'll be greatly disapointed.
Will Starlight become an alicorn?
At first, one would think that's impossible, I didn't think Twilight would become an alicorn but she did!
Just like Twilight, Starlight is the student of a princess (Twilight) and she's learning about friendship and we saw that she became more important in the show (she even gave advices to Twilight wtf!? Wasn't she supposed to be the student?! I don't remember Twilight giving advices to Celestia!) She is good at magic, like very good, like how the heck is she so strong?
She even saved Equestria, and as the time pass I have the feeling that she's more important than some of the mane 6, for example, why we never saw Fluttershy save Equestria(without the mane5)!? Or Applejack !? Why is Starlight the favorite of the creators(it's the impression I get)!?
ANd if she become an alicorn, that will just ruin a big part of the show for me, however like I said I would still watch it AND like it, but I won't feel the same things anymore.
I know I'm not the only one who thought about this.

Don't think it will happen myself. Starlight I think will someday move on to start her own school or return to her town but she won't be a Alicorn.

I hope she does not become one, I don't really watch the show cause of her, if she does turn into one I hope she get sent somewhere super far away and never seen again save for major major events

I kinda want that to happen just to see everyone bitch and complain about it like they did with twilight. but yeah she is definitely going to be an alicorn, she is the writer's pet after all and that's why we hate her

I am of the same mind that I hope Starlight Glimmer does NOT ascend and become an alicorn princess

The student-teacher relationship between her and Twilight however is verily different from the one Twilight had with Celestia. Celestia is all-too-often portrayed as pristine, glorious, practically divine, and despite her benevolence and kind and caring nature ponies allowed their perspectives to paint a different picture and would not dare to disagree or defy Celestia

Twilight is one of these ponies; she sees Celestia as an idol set so high that she holds herself to such standards that she forgets the kind of pony Celestia really is (”Lesson Zero” and “A Bird in a Hoof” being examples where she thought Celestia would pass down some ridiculous punishments for things that were ultimately trivial)

Twilight on the other hand is more approachable, more of an everyday mare, and that’s why Starlight is more frank and honest in her “Student” to Twilight’s “Teacher”, not to mention the two of them are more... level. Similar in age, magical power, interests, but the differences differentiate the two of them clearly enough. It’s also why Starlight is unafraid to do a little role-reversal and attempt to teach Twilight a little something every now and then

Twilight allows her admiration of others to blind her to their flaws and think something about them that isn’t necessarily true while Starlight tends to see things a tad more clearly, such as in “A Royal Problem”, and she goes with her instincts while Twilight goes with her head

I am on the fence of whether or not Starlight deserves to be an alicorn but when it comes down to it I prefer her just the way she is

I can safely say I strongly don't think they a re going to take that route

It was twilight's connection to the elements and the journeys she had taken that allowed her to achieve this

Plus the writers and staff would be careful not to retry the alicorn thing with a divisive character

I honestly wouldn't mind if she gains alicorn-like powers for half an episode to fight a villain or whatever, under one condition: the fight scene had better be worth it.

Starlight doesn't need to be a permanent alicorn. Getting the alicorn buff for half an episode is as far as I'll be willing to go.

Comment posted by ChibiLuna deleted May 3rd, 2018

I would be ABSOLUTELY LIVID!!!

The show already went down hill the moment they redeemed starlight

I know starlight has already been reformed what I mean is its gonna be super downhill the writer that likes starlight would force her to become an alicorn let's say at season 9 this is what fears me the most.

Well it's going to happen, it's just a matter of time

Who knows let's find out to see if starlight becomes an alicorn or not in season 9.

I think the show's boring now especially cause of Starlight, so I'm afraid I stopped watching it. There's no doubt in my mind that Starlight is going to be the next princess.
We see the signs everywhere, and the creators want to make her as "likable" as possible. If the show ends, and Starlight is not a princess, I will be pleasantly surprised.

The only "sign" we saw with Twilight that foreshadowed her ascent and coronation was Celestia musing with Luna, speaking in vague terms about "being ready." If anything, Hasbro has taken steps in the opposite direction for Starlight when in the S7 premiere they revealed that Twilight has no "master plan" for Starlight like Celestia had for Twilight.

I guess that's true, I mean Twilight did graduate her after one season thaw I think that's cause she hated having to teach such a horable student

I Honestly lost interest in the show when Starlight was made a regular. If they make her a Princess that will be all the more proof she’s a creator’s pet.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19