Let's Make You Known! 793 members · 3,108 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Lost_Marbles
Group Admin

Avast, me matey.
Ye've been chosen to be interviewed by Captain Marbles: Irritater of skins, seller of chaotic punch, and likely lunatic. Should ye refuse the Captain's honor, you'll hang from the mast by your bowels, yer stories will be downvoted, and we'll leave a nasty comment about yer body odor on yer user page.
What say ye?

O_O
Well, you certainly got my attention....

Kaizoku is "pirate" in Japanese.
Now that I've told my mates to stand down with their downvote cannons, let's be civil.
How did you discover this site? Do you ever find yourself regretting finding this site?

Hm...I don't remember how I found the site. It may have been through a ship fic.
At present, no. Not really. I mean, I've had some bad times here, but they were mostly my fault. Things have gotten better, however.
So, no. I do not regret finding this site.

"...mostly my fault. Things have gotten better..."
Would you say you've matured and grown since you've came to this website? If so, could you give an example?

Hm...
I guess I'm a tad more open about other ships that I was when I first came here.
Even if I dont like the ship in question, I'm willing to learn why others do and be respectful.

Ships, eh?
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of ships when I started either. I've only heard bad things about them. All the disasters and drama and death. Yeah. Ships can kill if you're not careful. Ships like the Titanic should never be. Hubris will lead mankind to destruction.
If I may open a can of worms and throw kindle on the incoming flamewar in the comments, what are your OTPs? What ships do you like the least? And what makes a ship float in your opinion?
Everyone knows that there is no ship better than CheeriMac Seriously, Knighty, why are there no Cheerilee emojis? You gotta fix that!

Hoo boy...
I've got a few dozen of them, but I'll just list of the main ones.
FlashLight
SoarinDash
Fluttermac
Cheesepie
Sparity
Dislestia
BulkShimmer
NeonScartch/Vinylights
Spitburn
Thunderchaser
LyraWorthy
JoeBon
BrawlyDusk
As for the secnd part, interactions help. Personality is other factor. I like the "opposites attract" type pair. Two characters who differ greatly from each other and whose personalities, interests, etc are radically diffrent from another, but are drawn to each other because of that.(SpitBurn, Bulkshimmer, and how I often potray Flashlight and Thunderchaser).
Though, I also like the "great minds think alike" type. Two characters who have many similar traints, interests, quirks, etc. To me, this pair works a little better as the two would have a lot to talk about and have a solid understanding of each other(Cheesepie and Fluttermac).
Thwn we have crackships, where I say "why the fuck not?; and pair two characters because.Though, the other facts still play a key role in whether or not I can get behind said crackship.
Color is kinda one, but not a big one. Flash and Twi look really nice together, as do Shy and Mac. But, then you have Soarin and Dash, who hae similar coat colors. Also...big guy, small girl/small guy, big girl or height differences. I just really love this shipping type. I think it's cute.
As for ships I like the least? All same sex ships. I just don't find the interesting and in some cases, I find them annoying. I'm not big on Flash and Sunset as a couple. I feel they are better off as friends. Ditto with Sonata and Flash. Not a fan of Soarinjack either, or DumbDash(in the romanctic sense) or Fluttercord and Bulkshy(again, in the romanctic sense for both) and I have no love in my heart for MarbleMac. I don't like care for CometLight, Twicord, TwiMac and a few other Twi ships. LunaMac I don't truly understand and PokeyPie works better as a friendship, imo.
Then there's CherriMac...
I can't bring myself to ship this for one reason: the love potion. I am not a fan of this trope at all. I find it just a bit creepy that someone can just make a potion tha overrides someone else's mind. I like them as friends, but that's about it.
I could go on, but we'd be here for hours, so for a full break down of ships(romantic or otherwise) click here. Sidenote; read the artist comments to save yourself a headache.

That's a whole fleet, right there!
But "BulkShimmer"!? That's a new one to me. I've got to see if there is a story with them...
I have checked, and there is only one story with both the Bulk Biceps tag and the Sunset Shimmer tag. And it is not a romance.
Let's let sleeping bears lie and move on to a less touchy subject.

What are some of your highlights during your time as a writer on this site? On the other hand, what have been some of your more less-than-pleasant experiences? Do you think Knighty has done an excellent job on this site, or do you think Knighty should jump head-first off the tallest building in the Lilliput?

(Bulkshimmer is an underground ship. Not a lot of people on board. I'm working on a fic or two with them, though)
Hm...
I can't really give an anwser. I haven't really been here that long and I only have two stories to my name(one of which is on a indefinite hiatus). I'm basically spending most of my time, writing, editing or creating plotlines and other ideas for my second story, Hunters. It is a fic I am really passionate about.
So..sorry....

S'alright.
How much time do you usually spend a day writing? Do you have a set schedule or do just write whenever you have the time or impulse?

Well, I try to write on the weekends, because that's when most of my co writers are free.
We write for a bit. Maybe an hour or possibly less.
Though, sometimes I write alone that's usually for a few minutes.

I've never done any "co-writing" before.
Which do you like better? Writing alone or co-writing? What are the upsides and downsides of both?

With writing alone, you have more control and time, but you run the risk of messing up more.
With co writing, the odds of you messing up are low, but now you need to wait for someone else to join. Also, difference in ideas could be one as well.
I don't think I like one more than the other, to be honest...

If you could travel back in time to when you first discovered this site, would you do things differently? What would you tell your younger self about writing? Would you eat more lasagna?

First off, I wouldn't have acted like a tool to so many people.
Second,I would suggest he find at leas two co authors asap. But, before that, I would tell him to have a solid idea of what you want to too!
Probably not. Not a fan of pasta.

You don't like pasta!?

Alright, SilverKaizoku. One more question, then it's challenge time!
Best pony?

Big Mac.
No contest

Alright, it's time for
Elevator Pitch!
Tell all the people out there why they should read one of your stories in a single sentence.
Go!

"If you are an anime fan or interested to see MLP with some anime tropes, Hunters may be the story for you!"

Cool beans!
Thank you so much for letting me pick your brain. It's squishy!

You are most welcome. This was fun, to be honest.

Lord Despair
Group Admin

5281897 wait... what? since when we have reviews in the group?

Since just under a month ago. And you can blame 5281897 for implementing them.

Lost_Marbles
Group Admin

I think you mean "interviews." I don't do reviews. :rainbowwild:

Lord Despair
Group Admin

5281939 really? man how long I been gone!

Lord Despair
Group Admin

5281949 so how these interviews work?

Lost_Marbles
Group Admin

Easy, just check this out here and here. Really, though, you can do them as you want.

Lord Despair
Group Admin

5281989 Ill think about it

Nice job! I like it

5281897 That was a good interview. I enjoyed reading it. :)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11