The Parody Group 45 members · 66 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Dr Yeis
Group Admin

Hmm...oh...interesting. Ah! Didn't see you there! I was too busy looking at my new book, "Admins 101". This part says, "To increase morale, a contest is a great way to go!". So why not? Let's have a contest. Today's topic...

PARODIES OF FAMOUS WORKS

TURBO ORIGINALITY POWER

Make a fanfic that parodies a popular piece of work. It can be a famous fic like "Cupcakes", a famous movie like "Star Wars", a famous book like "A Christmas Carol". Anything as long as it's a parody. Now what are you waiting for? Get writing.

Due date: April 2nd. Because I don't do April Fools.

Overall a contest of everything that makes a parody, a parody. It's like practice for everything that will come in the not too distant future. Probably next Sunday A.D.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

New fics only, or is it open to already-written works?

Dr Yeis
Group Admin

4133128 New fics only. It wouldn't be as much of a challenge.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I thought that was the case, but just wanted to be sure. Thanks! :twilightsmile:

4133523 There goes my "I... Win?!" entry...
Anyways, is there any sort of prize like a promotion of the fic or a folder for the winner, etc.?

Dr Yeis
Group Admin

4150135 Ah yes the prize...I shall make a Contest Winners folder to be feature your story after it is over. It shall also be placed in "The Sorcerer's Hall Of Approval!!"...and also you'll feel really good.

4133019 Can I do a parody of An Alien Walks Amongst Us (18,711 views). Just instead of Lyra meeting an alien, It would be Sweetie Belle, meeting a Tentacle pony?

Dr Yeis
Group Admin

4153390 You may. Anything goes as long as it's a parody of something.

It is done. :twilightsmile:

I hereby present the first entry for this competition:

Story: My Friend Tenty

Dr Yeis
Group Admin

4170194 I will getting to reading it! All your story is belong to me!

4170511 Okay, I finally finished "Dashie and the Rainbow Factory". I just finished so it should be easy to find among my stories. Should I put it in a specific folder?

4170511 Never mind. I just saw the contest folder and now I feel stupid.

Dr Yeis
Group Admin

4215817 Well aren't you the early bird! Two early birds but only one will get the worm...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13