The Goodfic Bin 1,255 members · 1,297 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Do you vote on it? What happens when the approvers disagree on something? Other than the approvers who else gets involved on what gets approved?

From what I gathered from reading the review/approval thread, a group moderator picks a submitted story, reads it, then reviews it.

Based on that review, it's in or it isn't.

Charles Spratt
Group Admin

4492466 It's simple: after a story is placed into a folder, one of the story approvers will eventually look over it. After reading said story, the approver then decides whether or not the story should be accepted, and writes a review on it explaining why. As long as the reasoning is adequately explained, the group will then follow the approver's advice, deleting rejected stories and adding accepted ones to the appropriate folders.

Charles Spratt
Group Admin

What happens when the approvers disagree on something?

We've yet to have a situation where two approvers disagreed strongly enough about a story to start an argument. If that did happen, then I suppose it would go to a vote, but that's still an unlikely situation.

Other than the approvers who else gets involved on what gets approved?

Well, on very rare occasions (all of once so far), Biker will allow something in that doesn't go through the approval process. However, aside from him, there's no one else in the approval process.

What happens when the approvers disagree on something?

We've yet to have a situation where two approvers disagreed strongly enough about a story to start an argument. If that did happen, then I suppose it would go to a vote, but that's still an unlikely situation.

What a bummer, I'd hoped for a traditional duel - throwing tunas over thirteen feet on each other or so.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4492466 Charles has explained the system perfectly. Reviewer reviews story. Reviewer comes to a decision. Reviewer explains decision. Everybody goes home with doughnuts. Simplez!

The only real problems are when the reviews aren't done correctly and I need to tell people to be clearer. That's pretty much it.

4492909 We don't actually duel like that any more. It would be fishing for trouble, and we would have a very fin chance of survival. Thankfully, we're all the type of people who can sea reason.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8